Unpopular Opinion: Conservative Businesses Should Fire Woke Employees

All of my employees know that their politics stop as soon as they step foot on my property. It doesn't matter if you're conservative or liberal, don't bring it into the workplace.

Period.

Those who do get reprimanded. Those who do it to the nth degree get fired. No warning, Skippy, you're gone. Big Bob, my 6'7, 345 lb Facilities Manager will show you out.

Unfortunately, last year I showed four people the door. They insisted that their 1st Amendment right superseded my company policy. I assured them it did not. When one of them sued me for wrongful termination, the presiding judge assured her it did not.

I don't like firing people, but I'll do it in a New York minute. My employees know that, if they want to go toe to toe with me, I'm game...

Not me. If people want to discuss politics amongst themselves, have at it, as long as it doesn’t negatively affect their work. I do think it is pretty stupid when businesses have TV’s on and make it a point to have either Fox or CNN on, which is likely to offend some customers. The TV’s should be on a neutral non-news channel. There aren’t any neutral news channels left.

An employer should be able to terminate anyone's employment. If any employee is let go without cause he can collect unemployment which the employer pays for with FUTA and SUTA taxes as well as other fees.

Um, no. Employees should have as many rights as an employer.

If it were up to me, every workplace would be unionized and we'd all have rights at work.

The country actually was more prosperous when workers had rights.

Unfortunately, last year I showed four people the door. They insisted that their 1st Amendment right superseded my company policy. I assured them it did not. When one of them sued me for wrongful termination, the presiding judge assured her it did not.

I don't like firing people, but I'll do it in a New York minute. My employees know that, if they want to go toe to toe with me, I'm game...

Actually, you sound like kind of an awful person to work for. It's nice that we have companies like Glassdoor that give people like you warning labels.

If you fired a person because they were expressing political opinions, but were otherwise good workers, that's kind of on you.

I wouldn't even hire somebody that indicated they voted for Democrats.

It would make me question their judgement for sure. It would depend on the job to me. If they will be loading tracks all day, probably not an issue. If they would be handling company policy or would be in any management level position, I would be very hesitant, particularly if they were one of these TDS folks who would have voted for Mickey Mouse, and in fact did with Biden/Harris, over Trump. That would be a deal breaker as it shows a complete lack of common sense.

An employer should be able to terminate anyone's employment. If any employee is let go without cause he can collect unemployment which the employer pays for with FUTA and SUTA taxes as well as other fees.

If it were up to me, every workplace would be unionized and we'd all have rights at work.

You live in the wrong country.

Here’s an idea, when going to work leave the politics at home...

The employee doesn't have a right to be employed by anyone.

Actually, you sound like kind of an awful person to work for. It's nice that we have companies like Glassdoor that give people like you warning labels.

If you fired a person because they were expressing political opinions, but were otherwise good workers, that's kind of on you.

An employer can have a policy that no political or religious topics are allowed in the workplace.

This is from Flash. A member of this forum.

“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.”

“Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid "affirmative action" hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it. A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental “diversity" demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble. My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time.

Glad I did it. I would do it again.”
A man or woman hired from equality and made sure they are not screwed over is one thing. A man or woman hired from equity is another. Equity rules in many jobs for years and decades. It is going to be made into real law soon enough. As we decline as a nation.

Yes, it all goes back to forced “diversity”, which is the biggest load of crap the Demcrtats have ever come up with. People should NEVER be hired simply because of their gender and/or race, but our government pushes it and practices it on a daily basis.

It used to be the RIGHT country, that's the point.

Now, my Dad was a union guy, and he had serious health issues in his last years. Mostly because that asbestos he had to work with was really a carcinogen. The union protected his job. They made sure he got good health benefits and my mom was taken care of after he died.

Now, compare that to the treatment I got from my boss after I busted up my knee in 2007, where I was a running fight with Cigna to get treatment and they pretty much got rid of me at the first opporunity. (even though the injury had little effect on my ability to work.)

I'd rather live in a country that looked out for workers instead of employers... wouldn't you? Oh, no, you wouldn't. Because you got the best double wide in the trailer park.

Yes, it all goes back to forced “diversity”, which is the biggest load of crap the Demcrtats have ever come up with. People should NEVER be hired simply because of their gender and/or race, but our government pushes it and practices it on a daily basis.

Why not? YOu guys keep claiming that those darkies need to stop complaining and get jobs, but then you are fine with employers not hiring them if they don't feel like it. You really can't have it both ways.

the biggest beneficiaries of Affirmative Action have been white women, of course, but you'll never hear a complaint about that.

Now, yeah, I've seen Affirmative Action hires who were worthless. I've also seen someone hired because he was the Boss' drinking buddy. Had no qualifications for the job beyond that.

It used to be the RIGHT country, that's the point.

Now, my Dad was a union guy, and he had serious health issues in his last years. Mostly because that asbestos he had to work with was really a carcinogen. The union protected his job. They made sure he got good health benefits and my mom was taken care of after he died.

Now, compare that to the treatment I got from my boss after I busted up my knee in 2007, where I was a running fight with Cigna to get treatment and they pretty much got rid of me at the first opporunity. (even though the injury had little effect on my ability to work.)

I'd rather live in a country that looked out for workers instead of employers... wouldn't you? Oh, no, you wouldn't. Because you got the best double wide in the trailer park.
was your knee a work related injury?

If it wasn't then there is no comparison to asbestos exposure at a job.

Why not? YOu guys keep claiming that those darkies need to stop complaining and get jobs, but then you are fine with employers not hiring them if they don't feel like it. You really can't have it both ways.

the biggest beneficiaries of Affirmative Action have been white women, of course, but you'll never hear a complaint about that.

Now, yeah, I've seen Affirmative Action hires who were worthless. I've also seen someone hired because he was the Boss' drinking buddy. Had no qualifications for the job beyond that.
Women are still more discriminated against than men of any color

And an employer can hire anyone he wants and you have zero say in the matter.

An employer can have a policy that no political or religious topics are allowed in the workplace.

They can. Not sure anyone would want to work there, but I guess they can.

Why stop there? Why not have a policy that no one can talk about sports in the workplace? Frankly, I've seen more time wasted talking about sports or what happened on The Bachelor last night than I've ever seen wasted talking about politics.

They can. Not sure anyone would want to work there, but I guess they can.

Why stop there? Why not have a policy that no one can talk about sports in the workplace? Frankly, I've seen more time wasted talking about sports or what happened on The Bachelor last night than I've ever seen wasted talking about politics.
It actually makes for a more harmonious work environment and it ensures you don't lose business because of some employee's political or religious views

ACtually, I slipped on some Ice on the way to work one morning. But that wasn't the point. The point was, because I ran up too many medical bills, there was a big old target on my back. Because the wonderful human being I had as a boss would fire people if they had medical issues, were too old, or got pregnant. That was the kind of guy he was. And frankly, none of those people had protections because no union.

ACtually, I slipped on some Ice on the way to work one morning. But that wasn't the point. The point was, because I ran up too many medical bills, there was a big old target on my back. Because the wonderful human being I had as a boss would fire people if they had medical issues, were too old, or got pregnant. That was the kind of guy he was. And frankly, none of those people had protections because no union.
It is the point.

A work related injury is not the same as an injury that is not work related.

IF it was work related you would have had a workers' comp claim and your care would have been paid for by your employers WC policy.

Women are still more discriminated against than men of any color

And an employer can hire anyone he wants and you have zero say in the matter.

Well, that's what needs to change. We had a much more prosperous society when we had unions and worker's rights.

And, no racial discrimination is far worse than gender discrimination. I've had lots of women bosses and never a boss who was a person of color.

Forum List

Back