Unpatriotic Dems In Virginia Erases Confederate Holiday

And yet --- I just had a wag ( 2aguy ) try to tell me "the Democrats started the Civil War and fought the Republicans".

You'd like to say it was war between north and south, but in reality, it was war between Republicans and Democrats.

Might want to essplain the War Democrats then.

Might want to essplain Lincoln's running mate too.

You should read your history books then and realize Lincoln wanted a Democrat to bring the nation back together but let be clear Johnson was Lincoln second VP and not the VP during the North and South war...

Correct. I don't need to re-read all that, I already know.

It all serves to undermine the previous poster's fantasy that, quote, "it was war between Republicans and Democrats". Had that been the case the Republican could not have taken one of the "enemy" for his running mate. Nor does it explain the War Democrats who lived in, and fought for, the North. What kind of army recruits from the "enemy"?

Bullshit liar!

The South was Diehard Democrat and you know this!

Also you had to look it up to see if I was correct and Lincoln did not actually run as a Republican during his second term!

You didn't even make that point, and I don't need to look ANY of this up.

Lincoln and Johnson ran under what they called the "National Union Party", which was just contrived for the occasion. Doesn't mean Lincoln wasn't still a Republican -- they're not mutually exclusive.

And NO, the South was, AGAIN, NOT diehard Democrat until AFTER the War. Largely as a revulsion to "the party of Lincoln". Lincoln was not a player in all of this BEFORE the War.

Go ahead, look it up. I don't need to. I know these myths backward and forward.

And yet --- I just had a wag ( 2aguy ) try to tell me "the Democrats started the Civil War and fought the Republicans".

Lincoln was the first Republican President and the South left the Union because of him and at the time the South was diehard Democrats until LBJ purged the Dixiecrat from the Democratic Party...

Uhh nnnnno. The South wasn't "diehard Democrat" until after the Civil War. Goddam linear time.

I do like the image of "purged the Dixiecrat from the party" though. That's an accurate way to put it.

Of course you believe the North and South War was a Civil War and about Slavery when it was never Lincoln intention to free the Slaves in those Southern States but because the Confederate insurrection he dealt them the harshest punishment he could give them.

As for doing away with those Holidays, who cares?

It is their State and if the voter agree then so be it...

My bet is if the voter vote to reinstate those Holidays you will cry about it and demand a Federal Law to stop it...

That's entertaining and stuff but I brought up none of it.

Also the damn south was Democrat and your political party was diehard genocidal racists!

Want proof?

Andrew Jackson!

Posting the words "Andrew Jackson" "proves" ----- what?

Fun fact: Andrew Jackson was the last successful POTUS candidate to get to the office without a political party. His supporters were loosely called "Jacksonians" for lack of a formal name. Jackson's successor Martin van Buren organized them into the formal party. Jackson's detractors, for the same lack of a formal name, were called "anti-Jacksonians". Henry Clay organized them into the formal party (the Whigs). All that organizing took place in the 1830s.

Whigs and Democrats, once established, split most of the political activity in the South. POTUSes Harrison, Tyler, Taylor and Fillmore were Whigs, all but Fillmore from the South.

Of course, Jackson didn't need a political party, he had wide name recognition from his military exploits in the War of 1812, plus his face was on all the twenty-dollar bills. :eusa_shifty:

You may be correct though that "my political party was [sic] diehard genocidal racists", since my political party is called "None". There's all sorts of people in there -- why there's more of us right now than there are either Democrats OR Republicans.
And some, I assume, are good people.

Last edited:
It doesn’t matter ,, Democrats were the only elected group trying to protect slavery, farmers could care less

Virginia eliminates holiday celebrating two Confederate generals

Dems in Virginia show their hatred for the constitution and the patriotic spirit of America by once again attacking the Confederacy...This time they do it not be taking down a statue, or changing a state flag, they do it by eliminating perhaps the greatest American holiday aside from Independence Day and American Jesus' birthday....and that is....Confederate Day...

"The Virginia House passed a bill that would eliminate a holiday celebrating two Confederate leaders and instead make Election Day a state holiday. Lee-Jackson Day honored Confederate generals Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson...Now, Virginia will no longer observe Lee-Jackson Day as a state holiday, but they won't be one holiday short. Election day, which takes place nationwide on the first Tuesday in November, will become a state holiday, WTVR reports."

WTF?? A holiday for elections?? Once again, the party of slavery shows its ugly face..First you dems lost the Civil War and you lost your slaves...and even today, even are losing more slaves (As in blacks) -- since they are leaving the Democrat plantation and voting for Trump.....and when blacks find out about Confederate Day being eliminated for Election Day -- I anticipate even more of them will be outraged and join the republican party in protest...

So now out of desperation, you want to dishonor the legacy of the 2 greatest abolitionist Democrats ever by doing something like this? Just to make it easier for more people (and by more people, I mean illegals and muslims) to vote in future elections by making election day a freaking holiday??

Remember this face....this is the America hating black racist that crafted this bill...State Senator Louise Lucas......This is the proof that the Democrat party, the party of slavery, the party against American values continues to attack and erase the very thing that made America great -- the Confederacy...
View attachment 305328
Nothing MORE unpatriotic than celebrating the treason of slaveholders.

You'd like to say it was war between north and south, but in reality, it was war between Republicans and Democrats.
Nope...the South jettisoned the Democrat party and left the Union. Just like the South jettisoned the Democratic Party in the 1960s and went Republican.

Dems in Virginia show their hatred for the constitution and the patriotic spirit of America by once again attacking the Confederacy...This time they do it not be taking down a statue, or changing a state flag, they do it by eliminating perhaps the greatest American holiday aside from Independence Day and American Jesus' birthday....and that is....Confederate Day...

"The Virginia House passed a bill that would eliminate a holiday celebrating two Confederate leaders and instead make Election Day a state holiday. Lee-Jackson Day honored Confederate generals Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson...Now, Virginia will no longer observe Lee-Jackson Day as a state holiday, but they won't be one holiday short. Election day, which takes place nationwide on the first Tuesday in November, will become a state holiday, WTVR reports."

WTF?? A holiday for elections?? Once again, the party of slavery shows its ugly face..First you dems lost the Civil War and you lost your slaves...and even today, even are losing more slaves (As in blacks) -- since they are leaving the Democrat plantation and voting for Trump.....and when blacks find out about Confederate Day being eliminated for Election Day -- I anticipate even more of them will be outraged and join the republican party in protest...

So now out of desperation, you want to dishonor the legacy of the 2 greatest abolitionist Democrats ever by doing something like this? Just to make it easier for more people (and by more people, I mean illegals and muslims) to vote in future elections by making election day a freaking holiday??

Remember this face....this is the America hating black racist that crafted this bill...State Senator Louise Lucas......This is the proof that the Democrat party, the party of slavery, the party against American values continues to attack and erase the very thing that made America great -- the Confederacy...
View attachment 305328
Nothing MORE unpatriotic than celebrating the treason of slaveholders.
Says a democrat.. awkward

Nope...the South jettisoned the Democrat party and left the Union.
Racist
Lincoln was a war criminal

EQDE5LeW4AEU7ML.jpeg

Nope...the South jettisoned the Democrat party and left the Union. Just like the South jettisoned the Democratic Party in the 1960s and went Republican.
Al
Cries of racial oppression only comes from towns run by democrats

View attachment 305328

Well history is wacist an non inclusive..it has to be erased

IView attachment 305336

Mayor pete can heal the nations wounds inflicted upon it by the white man and heal our reputation on the world stage ..drumphf ruined it
View attachment 305337
Any time to express your gay admiration for Buttigeg I guess....

Since he and your admiration for him has ZERO to do with this post

Yep, actually the South had already jettisoned the Democratic Party, literally, earlier in 1860 when it tried (whose idea was this) to hold its convention in Charleston. That thing got so disrupted it had to be moved north to placid Baltimore.

It was in many ways a foreshadow of 1948 when (some of) the South did much the same thing, although that time the disrupters didn't get as many of their neighbors to go along.

The 1860 time, the Democrats ended up coming in dead last with a total of twelve electoral votes. The 1948 time the won the Presidency in spite of the spinoffs.

Last edited:
Lol and youre a really bad troll leroy
Truth triggers the Trumpers…

Because its so entertaining to watch you Trumpers have such a hard time of running to claim today's democrats are racist -- while at the same time trying to defend the Confederacy....

It would be adorable if yall weren't so stupid...so I will pity you instead.....

Now be off with you peasant....read a book or something...shoo
z-xul8tat.png

It's neither unpartriotic nor unconstitutional to decide against a holiday honoring those who fought for the confederacy. How could it be?

BTW: People shouldn't lose sight of the fact that the two parties switched sides and policies in the latter part of the 20th Century.

Because its so entertaining to watch you Trumpers have such a hard time of running to claim today's democrats are racist -- while at the same time trying to defend the Confederacy....

It would be adorable if yall weren't so stupid...so I will pity you instead.....

Now be off with you peasant....read a book or something...shooView attachment 305355
Wow leroy
You're new name is coo coo coco

And then they claim victory ...
Gorillas in the mist maybe ?

I think one of you fellow brain dead buddies is claiming impeachment victory on another thread ...

Could be something in the grape soda

Democrats are not racist they're your massirs

Oh its the "look, we had slaves on our side fighting" defense...

Can you tell me how many black folks escaped the north and went down south to fight on the side of the confederacy???

Any stories of Harriet Tubman types helping freed black men escape to the South because of how much they wanted to fight for the Confederacy?? No?

Look, the North had black soliders too....MORE OF THEM.....
z-Buffalo_soldiers1.jpg

and they won ...…and 150 years later, dic suckers like you are still mad

It's neither unpartriotic nor unconstitutional to decide against a holiday honoring those who fought for the confederacy. How could it be?

BTW: People shouldn't lose sight of the fact that the two parties switched sides and policies in the latter part of the 20th Century.

People shouldn't slam their eyes shut to that in the first place, let alone lose sight of it.

But holding these two conflicting premises does put them in an impossible paradox:

IF political parties are some kind of ideological constant (they never are, but IF they were);
AND
IF "Democrats started the Civil War to fight Republicans" (they didn't but if they had)

THEN how do the Republicans justify propping up these alleged icons of "Democrats"?

As I like to say ---- Having it Both Ways: Priceless.

Now be off with you peasant....read a book or something...shooView attachment 305355
Wow leroy

I think one of you fellow brain dead buddies is claiming impeachment victory on another thread ...

Funny how you can't refute one single thing I said.....

Apparently calling me an ape who drinks grape soda is some sort of retort of historical facts...….if you are a racist of course...

Now....can you tell me why are you still butt hurt that the South lost??

It was easy when you clearly got triggered over my bad troll comment
An a picture of all these white folks
Pete is our only choice for 2020
fwrjyq9o8if41.jpg

I

Wow leroy

Funny how you can't refute one single thing I said.....

Apparently calling me an ape who drinks grape soda is some sort of retort of historical facts...….if you are a racist of course...

Now....can you tell me why are you still butt hurt that the South lost??
I hit the wrong quote I was laughing so hard

It was easy when you clearly got triggered over my bad troll comment
An a picture of all these white folks
Pete is our only choice for 2020
View attachment 305358

Is that Joni Mitchell in the hat? :dunno: She's Canadian.

Say here's a question.
--- If the Confederacy and the Civil War "wasn't about slavery", how come you're so obsessed with "blacks" and "whites" in this thread?

Forum List

Back