• No

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MajikMyst

Honorary Non-member
Oct 15, 2009
Seattle, Wa.
This is a concept that I learned when I was itty and bitty.. It also happens to be a concept in our pledge of alligence..

So are we? Are we one nation??

I have been on these boards a couple of months now and I can't say that I see that we are..

Conservatives are hell bent on doing everything they can to hate and stop liberals from doing anything.. There is no sense of team spirit what so ever.. To be fair, some liberals aren't much better..

Gay marriage?? Are not homosexuals americans?? Do they not deserve the same rights and privileges as the rest of us.. They do not have the same rights and privileges as straight people do.. Straight people can marry who they are in love with.. Homosexuals can't.. There is a difference..

Abortion? The bottom line here is that it is currently legal.. Roe V. Wade made it legal and that is the current law of the land.. So to hold a current healthcare bill back because of funding for abortion is stupid.. It is the law, and that is the way it is..

Obama?? What has this person done to any of you to deserve your hatred and disrespect? He is your president and that is the simple truth.. It is your duty as an american to do anything you can to help him and this government to succeed.. If our government succeeds, then we succeed.. Lower taxes isn't the solution for everything.. That isn't to say that raising them is either.. But our government can't run on air.. It needs funding..

Religion is a major issue inour nation.. As the line on most issues can be drawn right down religious lines..

The facts of the matter are this.. This nation was never created with the intent of being a christian nation.. Most of our founding fathers were not christian.. They came here looking for religious freedom.. The very first amendment gives all of us that freedom.. That amendment does something else as well.. It seperates church and state.. A government simply can't govern a people of many religions unless the government is free from all religions..

We are all americans..

Some of us are conservative and some are liberals..

Some of us are christian and some of us are not..

But we are all americans.. It is time we start acting like it..

What say you?
:cool:

This is a concept that I learned when I was itty and bitty.. It also happens to be a concept in our pledge of alligence..

I have been on these boards a couple of months now and I can't say that I see that we are..

Conservatives are hell bent on doing everything they can to hate and stop liberals from doing anything.. There is no sense of team spirit what so ever.. To be fair, some liberals aren't much better..

Gay marriage?? Are not homosexuals americans?? Do they not deserve the same rights and privileges as the rest of us.. They do not have the same rights and privileges as straight people do.. Straight people can marry who they are in love with.. Homosexuals can't.. There is a difference..

Abortion? The bottom line here is that it is currently legal.. Roe V. Wade made it legal and that is the current law of the land.. So to hold a current healthcare bill back because of funding for abortion is stupid.. It is the law, and that is the way it is..

Obama?? What has this person done to any of you to deserve your hatred and disrespect? He is your president and that is the simple truth.. It is your duty as an american to do anything you can to help him and this government to succeed.. If our government succeeds, then we succeed.. Lower taxes isn't the solution for everything.. That isn't to say that raising them is either.. But our government can't run on air.. It needs funding..

Religion is a major issue inour nation.. As the line on most issues can be drawn right down religious lines..

The facts of the matter are this.. This nation was never created with the intent of being a christian nation.. Most of our founding fathers were not christian.. They came here looking for religious freedom.. The very first amendment gives all of us that freedom.. That amendment does something else as well.. It seperates church and state.. A government simply can't govern a people of many religions unless the government is free from all religions..

We are all americans..

What say you?

I say this thread was started by a k00k lefty, who, like any other internet OCD lefty, insists on America being 100% k00k left.:tomato:

LOL, we saw what the left calls "United" during the Bush administration.

but now it's a Democrat. we be all bad who speak out and oppose anything this administration wants to force on us.

who knew:lol:

What say you?

well my only problem with this is, there seems to be divisions bettween the two legged and the four legged Americans here

apparently some are more American than others.....~S~

Basically: Fuck You.

I'm not united with you and never will be.

Basic principal of aikido is that you'll fall because you're out of balance with your environment

Last edited:

And liberals aren't? Oh puleeeze. Thread fail.

We are all americans..

What say you?

I say this thread was started by a k00k lefty, who, like any other internet OCD lefty, insists on America being 100% k00k left.:tomato:

If it's kooky (sic) to advocate for equality, then I guess it's the left that's 'kooky'. If Obama led us into an unjustifiable war, then I'd say he's doing harm to the country. If it's 'kooky' to uphold the law of the land and guarantee reproductive freedom to women, then it's just a lefty, kooky country.

But I believe that all Americans deserve equal rights. I believe that women deserve the right to their own uterus. I believe that we actually elected this president and he is serving legitimately.

I guess concepts like freedom, equality and justice for all is now considered 'kooky lefty'.

What moral ascendancy is left for Conservatives? They have abandoned the notion that freedom extends to all Americans. I guess they feel that property rights trump personal rights.

Wth?
are the people in this country demanding on taking a woman's uterus?

The Dems are out in Lunatic Fringe Neo-Marxists Land, lead by a guy who thinks the Constitution is all wrong and wondering why we don't join them.

We are all americans..

What say you?

Most definitely a 'you must agree with me because I'm right' post. 'I mean, come on, isn't it American to realize there is no other correct position then mine!'
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(Planet Pollyanna here we come!)

We are all americans..

What say you?

Most definitely a 'you must agree with me because I'm right' post. 'I mean, come on, isn't it American to realize there is no other correct position then mine!'
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(Planet Pollyanna here we come!)

kumbaya kumbaya pass the tofu

Among all the other crap I have to say the OP raises a good point. What comes first, the fact that we're all Americans and in it together, or the disagreements over where we should be going?

There are plenty of nasty nutters on both sides. :rolleyes: But I'd love to think most people are rational and able to set all the left/right bullshit aside when it counts like most of us did after 9/11.

Among all the other crap I have to say the OP raises a good point. What comes first, the fact that we're all Americans and in it together, or the disagreements over where we should be going?

There are plenty of nasty nutters on both sides. :rolleyes: But I'd love to think most people are rational and able to set all the left/right bullshit aside when it counts like most of us did after 9/11.

So what do you call it when virtually every Democrat wants to negate the Constitution by voting for ObamaCare. Must mean that the entire Dem Party is made almost exclusively of "nasty nutters"

I agree the OP makes a couple of good points but look at it again. Now imagine it was written from a right wing perspective. What would your response be then?

So what do you call it when virtually every Democrat wants to negate the Constitution by voting for ObamaCare. Must mean that the entire Dem Party is made almost exclusively of "nasty nutters"

What do you call it when frothing hacks build straw men in an attempt to demonize an entire third of the country? Half, if you count left-leaning independents. Nope, no nastiness here. They aren't real Americans anyway, right? :rolleyes:

I agree the OP makes a couple of good points but look at it again. Now imagine it was written from a right wing perspective. What would your response be then?

Same thing. Among all the crap there's a valid point.

What do you call it when frothing hacks build straw men in an attempt to demonize an entire third of the country? Half, if you count left-leaning independents. Nope, no nastiness here. They aren't real Americans anyway, right? :rolleyes:

Like I said in the first place: fuck you.

Even if Obama wasn't a fucking moron and a Marxist, you're still not getting my health care proxy, not now, not ever. And if you don't like me and my attitude that's just double too fucking bad.

We are all americans..

What say you?

Yes you are correct, it is all because of Conservatives. All of Americas ills are a result of Conservative mantra while the Liberal/Progressives are responsible for everything good in America and the world!

Fucking idiot.

Like I said in the first place: fuck you.

Even if Obama wasn't a fucking moron and a Marxist, you're still not getting my health care proxy, not now, not ever. And if you don't like me and my attitude that's just double too fucking bad.

Thanks for providing such an excellent example of the other end of the hackified nutter fringe. Much obliged. :clap2:

Team spirit? Are you kidding? Why would Conservatives assist Progressives who are attempting to install a socialist system? :eusa_eh:
Congress isn't a Kindergarten class where everyone 'takes turns'. Legislation is supposed to be hard. Fettering citizens with new laws should be a serious business featuring vigorous debate and genuine consensus.

These are 10th Amendment issues. You take the referee off the field when the U.S. Constitution is abused. What happens next is division and tumult. And THAT is the crux of all the irreconcilable differences we have now. It is why there can be no agreement. The rulebook has been tossed out. There is no final arbiter of what is right and what is wrong. And without that Higher Authority which resolves differences in opinion, the only arbiter left is 'right of might'.

Social issues and social spending are supposed to fall under the providence of the States. And twisting our Constitution like a taffy pull at the county fair was fun and games for both parties... until now, when the bottom has dropped out. It was the glue which bound us together.

Obama?? What has this person done to any of you to deserve your hatred and disrespect? He is your president and that is the simple truth.. It is your duty as an american to do anything you can to help him and this government to succeed.. If our government succeeds, then we succeed..

No. It's not the "simple truth". Obama is YOUR president, not mine, not in any way that means anything. And that's was HIS decision. It was HIS job to set the tone of bipartisanship. He's not a legislator anymore. The Executive Branch has a different function, one that doesn't tolerate partisanship well, one that demands a certain level of impartiality.

Obama has selected partisanship from the first. He chose to represent you and not me. So... now, he lives with his choice. It's his own "hatred and disrespect", reflected back to him, that he's experiencing.

Lower taxes isn't the solution for everything.. That isn't to say that raising them is either.. But our government can't run on air.. It needs funding..

It's got funding. But it's so wasteful and so corrupt that the funding is never enough. It always want more. Right this moment, our Congress is spending money hand over fist that we don't have, that's damaging our financial standing in the world. When do we draw the line? When do we say enough is enough? :eusa_eh:
This Congress shouldn't get one more thin dime until they prove they can be responsible with their spending and stop using OUR MONEY to promote their own political careers.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." What that means is that the government can't interfere with religion. It doesn't mean that religion can't interfere with government. IOW, the government can't tell you what religion to practice or limit your ability to practice it. That's all it says.

The "wall of separation between the church and the state" was a phrase coined by Jefferson in 1802 as he assured a Baptist congregation that the government couldn't bother them.
http://www.allabouthistory.org/separation-of-church-and-state.htm

We are all americans..

What say you?

Why should Americans give a rat's ass about France? You want this country to be France? You want a centralized socialist system in place of the federalism and constitutionally guaranteed liberty we were founded upon? Then don't be all shocked and dismayed that there's division in this country in the form of Americans who don't want to be Frenchmen.

The referee is off the field. The U.S. Constitution was the only glue which bound us together. Without it, there is NO UNITY, nothing we can agree upon that is above the opinion and will of either of us.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back