United Airlines Says 50% of the Next 5,000 Pilots They Train Will be Black Women or People of Color

Do you think a Airline pilot should be hired because of his or her skill level or because of their color or gender?

Would you be comfortable flying with a pilot hired because of affirmative action?

You have been comfortable flying with some who were hired because of the Good Ole Boy Network.
wrong
blacks are only 13% of the population AND graduate high school less = less qualified for college AND graduate college less = VERY few QUALIFIED for pilots/any high level positions/etc
..AND they have a high percentage of criminals = making that 13% even LESS qualified
Hey look who it is Harmonica! Another [young] black [female] that has something you don't and from Harvard no less! And she's only 23! :cool:
1618014759021.png

I'll never fly with a carrier that picks their pilots based on sex or color. I'll stick with Southwest, until they fuck up.

Do you think a Airline pilot should be hired because of his or her skill level or because of their color or gender?

Would you be comfortable flying with a pilot hired because of affirmative action?
Go fly ignited airlines and become a fire ball in the friendly skies
You should make that comment while waiting in line at the TSA checkpoint.
I only fly SW or Alaska

You fly Alaska? They were the ones with so shoddy maintenance that their plane crashed in the ocean killing all aboard. Well. At least the pilots who were up front were white. Then again everyone who made the decision to cut maintenance was also white.

I guess you feel better flying with White Guys who don’t maintain their planes.
Oh brother...they departed from a Mexican airport so the maintenance was done there.

No. You should have read the link. You would avoid making idiotic statements.

The investigation had then proceeded to examine why scheduled maintenance had failed to adequately lubricate the jackscrew assembly. In interviews with the Alaska Airlines mechanic at SFO who last performed the lubrication it was revealed that the task took about one hour, whereas the aircraft manufacturer estimated the task should take four hours. This and other evidence suggested to the NTSB that "the SFO mechanic who was responsible for lubricating the jackscrew assembly in September 1999 did not adequately perform the task". Laboratory tests indicated that the excessive wear of jackscrew assembly could not have accumulated in just the four-month period between the September 1999 maintenance and the accident flight. Therefore, the NTSB concluded that "more than just the last lubrication was missed or inadequately performed".[1]

The maintenance was “done” at San Francisco as part of the scheduled checks and services.
I read the link----and you should have asked specifically what my husband does for a living----------------(Alaska airlines has been sending out feelers trying to recruit him from his current position)....

He says a broken rod-------or loose nut from shoddy mechanical work that comes off during flight would cause such jams you know like if they stopped over in Mexico known for crappy repairs and then took off. (Assuming that this wasn't done on purpose or someone wasn't stuffing "stuff" to get past customs where it didn't belong with it dislodging during flights--I've heard about some weird shit since he started running this field.)

It was the Jackscrew in the tail assembly. It moved the Horizontal Stabilizers to trim the aircraft’s pitch. The NTSB found that the maintenance was not completed four months previous. And couldn’t say definitely that it had been done in the service before that one.

It wasn’t written up so no mechanic in Mexico would have looked at it. When a plane lands nobody goes out and routinely removes a few dozen screws to check a jack screw in the tail assembly. If they did that for every flight then the cheapest seat on a plane would cost more than first class does now.

Ask your husband about A, B, C, and the other scheduled maintenance inspections.
he says yep that would cause a crash------I didn't see jackscrew mentioned in your link.

I only fly SW or Alaska

You fly Alaska? They were the ones with so shoddy maintenance that their plane crashed in the ocean killing all aboard. Well. At least the pilots who were up front were white. Then again everyone who made the decision to cut maintenance was also white.

This accident occurred over 21 years ago. Any other ancient history you want to discuss?

Planes have been essentially flying themselves for decades now. Pilots have been known to be completely sauced behind the wheel. Historically at least.

Just some context to address the rhetoric I'm seeing peddled thus far.
Wow you truly are a moron.
Actually he's right. The flight crew is basically baby-sitting the controls and are there to take over if anything out of the norm occurs.

The Lockheed 1011 was auto landing itself back in the '70s

The Lockheed L-1011 TriStar, commonly referred to as the L-1011 (pronounced "El-ten-eleven") or TriStar, is an American medium-to-long-range, wide-body trijet airliner built by the Lockheed Corporation. It was the third wide-body airliner to enter commercial operations, after the Boeing 747 and the McDonnell Douglas DC-10. The airliner has a seating capacity of up to 400 passengers and a range of over 4,000 nautical miles (7,410 km). Its trijet configuration has three Rolls-Royce RB211 engines with one engine under each wing, along with a third engine center-mounted with an S-duct air inlet embedded in the tail and the upper fuselage. The aircraft has an autoland capability, an automated descent control system, and available lower deck galley and lounge facilities.​
The L-1011 TriStar was produced in two fuselage lengths. The original L-1011-1 first flew in November 1970 and entered service with Eastern Air Lines in 1972...​
1618015350821.png

You have been comfortable flying with some who were hired because of the Good Ole Boy Network.
wrong
blacks are only 13% of the population AND graduate high school less = less qualified for college AND graduate college less = VERY few QUALIFIED for pilots/any high level positions/etc
..AND they have a high percentage of criminals = making that 13% even LESS qualified

That was the same thing they said when the Tuskegee airmen were formed. The results say that the Blacks provided significantly better protection for the bombers over other white pilots. Of course racists didn’t learn. Instead they decided those Blacks were somehow different. And the results that showed them superior to their white counterparts. Well those were oddities. Blacks just aren’t as good.

Just because a person looks better on paper does not mean they are a superior choice. Remember the case of Justina Peltier. A 14 year old girl who was tortured for a year until the Doctors could no longer pretend it was psychological. Harvard educated doctors were wrong.

On paper. The White Harvard Educated Doctors were the better choice. In practice. Justina would have received better care from a graduate of the Grenada School of Medicine and VooDoo.
And the truth is that the Tuskegee Airmen were more qualified, not less or as qualified as their white counterparts for the exactly the reasons below:

Airman Coleman Young, later the first African-American mayor of Detroit, told journalist Studs Terkel about the process:​
They made the standards so high, we actually became an elite group. We were screened and super-screened. We were unquestionably the brightest and most physically fit young blacks in the country. We were super-better because of the irrational laws of Jim Crow. You can't bring that many intelligent young people together and train 'em as fighting men and expect them to supinely roll over when you try to fuck over 'em, right? (Laughs.)[12]

wrong
Hey look who it is Harmonica! Another [young] black [female] that has something you don't and from Harvard no less! And she's only 23! :cool:
View attachment 478210

You mean a job?

I only fly SW or Alaska

Oh brother...they departed from a Mexican airport so the maintenance was done there.
Oh my gosh, it was a lack of proper maintenance over time that caused the crash, not the maintenance crew in Mexico who gave it a once over before it took off back to the States.
The news that ground investigators had discovered the jackscrew from the Ethiopian Airlines 737 MAX that crashed Sunday evoked strong memories and comparisons to the 2000 crash of Alaska Airlines Flight 261.​
But there are key differences between the role of the jackscrew in the two fatal crashes.​
In the crash of Flight 261 off the Southern California coast in January 2000, which killed all 88 people on board — 47 from the Puget Sound area — the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) found that the jackscrew on the MD-83 failed because it had not been adequately lubricated, causing the part to fail and send the plane into a dive. The mechanism moves the plane’s horizontal tail, a winglike structure on the tail that helps the plane climb and descend.​
The board also found that the Federal Aviation Administration had allowed Alaska to engage in risky maintenance practices. The plane plunged into the Pacific Ocean, en route from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, to San Francisco and Seattle.​

Mention of jackscrew in Boeing 737 MAX crash evokes memories of Alaska Flight 261, but key differences exist

Last edited:

wrong
View attachment 478210

You mean a job?
Oh I didn't know Harmonica doesn't work. Ask him where he obtained his degree and in what field.

I only fly SW or Alaska

Oh my gosh, it was a lack of proper maintenance over time that caused the crash, not the maintenance crew in Mexico who gave it a once over before it took off back to the States.
The news that ground investigators had discovered the jackscrew from the Ethiopian Airlines 737 MAX that crashed Sunday evoked strong memories and comparisons to the 2000 crash of Alaska Airlines Flight 261.​
But there are key differences between the role of the jackscrew in the two fatal crashes.​
In the crash of Flight 261 off the Southern California coast in January 2000, which killed all 88 people on board — 47 from the Puget Sound area — the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) found that the jackscrew on the MD-83 failed because it had not been adequately lubricated, causing the part to fail and send the plane into a dive. The mechanism moves the plane’s horizontal tail, a winglike structure on the tail that helps the plane climb and descend.​
The board also found that the Federal Aviation Administration had allowed Alaska to engage in risky maintenance practices. The plane plunged into the Pacific Ocean, en route from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, to San Francisco and Seattle.​

Mention of jackscrew in Boeing 737 MAX crash evokes memories of Alaska Flight 261, but key differences exist
Really you assume that----was that plane a regular out of the Mexican airport that it had just left before the crash? Any ideal where it overnighted?

I'll never fly with a carrier that picks their pilots based on sex or color. I'll stick with Southwest, until they fuck up.

OK. Who are you going to fly with now?

The NTSB found significant pilot error and poor training from the airline on the aircraft type. Poor training. Poor training policy and practice at Southwest. I guess that is how they keep prices low. They don’t bother giving the pilots mandatory training.

Now the pilot was named Bruce R. Southerland. I admit I don’t know if he is black or white or green. I honestly don’t care.

I only fly SW or Alaska

Really you assume that----was that plane a regular out of the Mexican airport that it had just left before the crash? Any ideal where it overnighted?
I didn't assume anything, I followed the case and read the NTSB and associated reports.

wrong
View attachment 478210

You mean a job?
Oh I didn't know Harmonica doesn't work. Ask him where he obtained his degree and in what field.
better than yours--IF you got one

wrong

That was the same thing they said when the Tuskegee airmen were formed. The results say that the Blacks provided significantly better protection for the bombers over other white pilots. Of course racists didn’t learn. Instead they decided those Blacks were somehow different. And the results that showed them superior to their white counterparts. Well those were oddities. Blacks just aren’t as good.

Just because a person looks better on paper does not mean they are a superior choice. Remember the case of Justina Peltier. A 14 year old girl who was tortured for a year until the Doctors could no longer pretend it was psychological. Harvard educated doctors were wrong.

On paper. The White Harvard Educated Doctors were the better choice. In practice. Justina would have received better care from a graduate of the Grenada School of Medicine and VooDoo.
And the truth is that the Tuskegee Airmen were more qualified, not less or as qualified as their white counterparts for the exactly the reasons below:

Airman Coleman Young, later the first African-American mayor of Detroit, told journalist Studs Terkel about the process:​
They made the standards so high, we actually became an elite group. We were screened and super-screened. We were unquestionably the brightest and most physically fit young blacks in the country. We were super-better because of the irrational laws of Jim Crow. You can't bring that many intelligent young people together and train 'em as fighting men and expect them to supinely roll over when you try to fuck over 'em, right? (Laughs.)[12]
only HIS OPINION

wrong

I read a report a few years ago by an Army Air Corp veteran that said they actually were shitty pilots but the Libtards in the filthy government (like Slick Willy) put out the narrative that they were outstanding. Another Liberal lie.

I wonder if United Airlines will serve Colt Malt Liquor as a beverage on the flights with the Negro pilots? You know, for the sake of cultural diversity.

wrong

I read a report a few years ago by an Army Air Corp veteran that said they actually were shitty pilots but the Libtards in the filthy government (like Slick Willy) put out the narrative that they were outstanding. Another Liberal lie.
thank you--yes, there are many liberal lies....

wrong

So it was just propaganda that they lost fewer bombers than other escort groups? The gun camera footage was photoshopped to show them shooting down two ME 262 jet airplanes.

OK. Who are you going to fly with now?

The NTSB found significant pilot error and poor training from the airline on the aircraft type. Poor training. Poor training policy and practice at Southwest. I guess that is how they keep prices low. They don’t bother giving the pilots mandatory training.

Now the pilot was named Bruce R. Southerland. I admit I don’t know if he is black or white or green. I honestly don’t care.
1. your reply does nothing to refute/etc the post --YOU would fly with an airline that picks people based on SKIN color???????!!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAh
2. most crashes are pilot error/etc--NOT airline training ....they are caused by a problem/error that grows into a web of errors ..I've looked at MANY air crashes --it's not bad training from the AIRLINE--duh
..the 737 Max crashes are a perfect example
...the BIGGEST air crash in history was because one of France's BEST pilots was:
in hurry,
radio, weather, SMALL airport problems
and initiated by terrorists
--look at that list of problems I just posted
..same with the Potomac crash
etc etc etc etc
DON'T try to argue this with me--like on your HATE police threads, I will destroy you
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Forum List

Back