United Airlines Says 50% of the Next 5,000 Pilots They Train Will be Black Women or People of Color

Reaction score
Do you think a Airline pilot should be hired because of his or her skill level or because of their color or gender?

Would you be comfortable flying with a pilot hired because of affirmative action?

You have been comfortable flying with some who were hired because of the Good Ole Boy Network.

Turtlesoup

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I am not comfortable with any pilot.

I am far more comfortable with a pilot who is a pilot based on ability instead of affirmative action color or sex........Lots of would be crashes have been avoided because the pilot was a good pilot period not because they were the right color or sex. Current pilot crop have well above average iqs-----lowering this standard will get people killed.

Last edited:

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Do you think a Airline pilot should be hired because of his or her skill level or because of their color or gender?

Would you be comfortable flying with a pilot hired because of affirmative action?

You have been comfortable flying with some who were hired because of the Good Ole Boy Network.
The drunk good ol' boy system.

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score

I am far comfortable with a pilot who is a pilot based on ability instead of affirmative action color or sex........
Most of the time I never noticed who the pilot was I just got on and bitched about the seats getting smaller or people were getting much fatter..

Darkwind

Platinum Member
Reaction score

I am far comfortable with a pilot who is a pilot based on ability instead of affirmative action color or sex........
Most of the time I never noticed who the pilot was I just got on and bitched about the seats getting smaller or people were getting much fatter..
Yeah. Think about what you just said.

You never had to worry about who the pilot was.

Because you knew that the person behind the yoke was competent.

Now you'll have to start worrying if you're going to need that flight insurance or not.

MarcATL

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Planes have been essentially flying themselves for decades now. Pilots have been known to be completely sauced behind the wheel. Historically at least.

Just some context to address the rhetoric I'm seeing peddled thus far.

OP
TheGreenHornet

TheGreenHornet

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Planes have been essentially flying themselves for decades now. Pilots have been known to be completely sauced behind the wheel. Historically at least.

You do realize that not only white people drink...anyhow you are off topic....this thread is not about drinking and flying.

DGS49

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess the question is, Are the criteria currently used to evaluate applicants for pilot positions relevant to the skills required to drive a plane? Is there any reason why an uneducated person cannot be taught to do it as well as someone with a degree in aeronautical engineering?

Anyone reading this know what those criteria are?

San Souci

Diamond Member
Reaction score

So Black Junkies would make better Pilots? Flying themselves? Who LANDS them ,Dickwad?

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List