Union thugs

That was the problem. They were hiring scabs. EGT broke the agreement.

Hey..if the police don't want to enforce an agreement..ILWU has every right to strike.

And protest.

Actually..maybe the government should sit this out. Free market and all ya know.

Pretty sure the longshoremen can settle this. :lol:
What they are not allowed to is take 6 members hostage for 2 hours, cut the train track to derail and dump the product, wreck a company truck and smashed windows..

This was pretty mild compared to what goes on in the rest of the industrialized world when you fuck with Unions.

Hey listen..if Republicans want to continue on this path..there's going to be trouble.

Unions are there to protect people's wages, benefits and safety.
Another implied threat, Sallow? I repeat, we are going to bust your damn unions, ALL of them, every last stinking corrupt, violent, cowardly, threatening one of them, one by one. You want to go to war with those scum by your side; Then bring it, you mouthy, blowhard, Bolshevik cowards! No one's afraid of you or your goon squads. I want to see some union thug heads cracked! Let's see how tough your union goons are, when they don't outnumber the opposition; they fight in packs, like the street animals they are.

P.S. So the cops beat you for "getting drunk and shooting off your mouth"? Funny; that is exactly what I did to the last guy who got drunk and shot his mouth off to me in a bar; that's the usual response to that down here. Of course, he DID make the mistake of taking a swing at me first...stay out of the South; I don't think you'd do so well here.

Last edited:
:clap2:

Fuckin a-right!

But, but, but the tea party and their violent rhetoric! :rolleyes:

That union guy was a faggot anyway, he might have actually done something, but he didn't have 10 of his pussy ass "brothers" backing him up.......

They were on private property..and he was kicking them off.

Dunno..what's the problem here.

:lol:

Translation - The union faggot got butthurt from the media attempting to expose his douchebaggery.... :thup:

And what is to be expected when a major political party goes after the income and jobs of others? Are you ignorant of American History & the violence on both sides during the emergence of the labor movement?

Self defined conservatives and the pols who hope to earn an advantage by going after the working men and women of this country need to (lol, as if they can) think about the consequences before they act (or vote). You ain't seen nothing yet (and, btw, I was a manager in a law enforecment agency before I retired, so don't lump me in as a new iteration of a Wobblie).

I am fully aware of this history with the unions such as the teamsters which is why Hoffa's comments the other day bothered me so much
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f65xilSDyso]James Hoffa 'Let's Take These Son of a Bitches Out Video' RightFace.us - YouTube[/ame]

Ah, you were bothered, poor baby. You and the other members of the echo chamber following Hannity's rant about Hoffa's comment blistered the web with your feigned outrage. You're nothing but a parrot P_P, go get a cracker (plenty of 'em in the South).

Psst... Your racism is showing.

You dont know me >.I grew up blue collar in Western PA , my grandfather was a coal miner , my brother in law was a coal miner. I know about unions. There was a time and place for them this time has passed. PERIOD. They are crossing the line way to many times!!!!
To say the time for unions has passed makes absolutely no sense. Unions are the bedrock of the middle class. Without them American workers will be at the mercy of the emerging corporatocracy.

This Washington ILA/EGT confrontation is the latest manifestation of the class warfare which has been incrementally waged since Ronald Reagan, the union-busting puppet from General Electric, was elected President. The only question now is, which side are you on?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N43Cm6ra0hY]Which Side Are You On -- Pete Seeger - YouTube[/ame]

You know which side I am on-the side of the law-abiding American citizens your union bosses and their union hooligans are threatening with violence, and even civil war, for exercising their right to speak out against the excesses, corruption, and attempted extortion of your party of choice and its union allies and comrades in crime. I am on their side, not that of union goons and corrupt politicians and would-be revolutionaries who threaten violence, commit assaults, lie through their teeth, flagrantly disobey local, state and federal laws, violate the direct orders of a United States District Court, and otherwise act like terrorists in issuing threats and ultimatums against both lawful businesses and their political opponents. I will not suffer my nation to be threatened with the prospect of the rule of the mob in the streets. I will not suffer my nation to be threatened with criminal violence, and I will not suffer my nation's governance to be threatened by those who advocate the assassination of lawfully elected public officials. This is not some goddamned banana republic, and I am not about to let any enemy of the constitution, of whatever stripe, turn her into one! This is America, we don't do that here, and I swore to defend her constitution against such enemies, whether foreign or domestic! I intend to keep that oath! Is that sufficiently clear?

None of which excuses you defending people who offer up death threats and assaults, you senile Bolshevik. You don't need to know her background, my background, or anyone else's background to tell us whether you support those tactics (which you do) and your fallacious reasons for doing so. Just as good as your reasons for supporting treason during the Vietnam War. Non-violent my ass; you and your hippie Bolshevik friends were and are as violent as you want to be, when it suits you. Won't fight for your country, but will threaten fight, and assault your fellow Americans, all in the name of "workers' rights"? Exactly the same lying, hypocritical, self-serving conduct I have seen from the Left for the last forty years. "Good, gentle, compassionate, peace-loving liberals", all of you? Is that still the party line, Comrade Kommissar? Well, I suppose if you are going to tell lies, you might as well make them really BIG ones! Damn, if you people start a civil war, I hope I meet you on the battlefield!
You need to have your prescription adjusted.

None of which excuses you defending people who offer up death threats and assaults, you senile Bolshevik. You don't need to know her background, my background, or anyone else's background to tell us whether you support those tactics (which you do) and your fallacious reasons for doing so. Just as good as your reasons for supporting treason during the Vietnam War. Non-violent my ass; you and your hippie Bolshevik friends were and are as violent as you want to be, when it suits you. Won't fight for your country, but will threaten fight, and assault your fellow Americans, all in the name of "workers' rights"? Exactly the same lying, hypocritical, self-serving conduct I have seen from the Left for the last forty years. "Good, gentle, compassionate, peace-loving liberals", all of you? Is that still the party line, Comrade Kommissar? Well, I suppose if you are going to tell lies, you might as well make them really BIG ones! Damn, if you people start a civil war, I hope I meet you on the battlefield!

No, the assholes that lie about the tea party being violent, but condone this shit need to adjust theirs.....

At least he's willing to come out and give an opinion on criminals who hold others hostage and destroy property.

Of course, your refusal to do so says a great deal about you. And it's not complimentary.

And what is to be expected when a major political party goes after the income and jobs of others? Are you ignorant of American History & the violence on both sides during the emergence of the labor movement?

Self defined conservatives and the pols who hope to earn an advantage by going after the working men and women of this country need to (lol, as if they can) think about the consequences before they act (or vote). You ain't seen nothing yet (and, btw, I was a manager in a law enforecment agency before I retired, so don't lump me in as a new iteration of a Wobblie).
What political party? The company hired others and the thugs got mad. You are the ignorant one.

Ah, duh, the Republican Party is attacking unions, try to keep up, junior. It has become one of their 'causes' along with ending Social Security, Medicare, Medicade, Unemployment compensaton, health care reform, the EPA, FDA and any an all regulations designed to protect consumers.
Uh, EXCUSE ME, BUT, Moonbeam Brown is seriously considering going after the unions, ala Walker here in Cali.......What's your excuse going to be when it does happen?

And it will happen....It has too.

Last edited:
I realize he is the exception, but I have to say I will not stand behind a union that resorts to violence to get its way. I realize that you are a union supporter and I respect that. I am not against the unions so much as I am against the corrupt individuals that run the unions. IMHO they are no different that the politicians and lobbyists in Washington.

I've read a couple of your "justifications" of union violence in this thread. I'm sorry, I don't buy it. Especially when the people they attack are other members of the middle class.

Immie
Did you see the movie, Hoffa? If so, do you believe Jimmy Hoffa could have brought the Teamsters Union to prevail over the brutal goon oppression waged against his early membership without meeting violence with violence?

When I was a boy growing up in South Brooklyn I knew an old Italian fellow who lost the sight in one eye from a beating he got from a gang of company-hired goons while walking a picket line outside the Railway Express truck yard in Long Island City. He said that was not uncommon and I've read quite a bit that confirms everything he told us.

I am not a violent person by nature. But I know and I accept that there are times when violence is unavoidable. I know that sometimes the best way to fight fire is with fire. I know that Jimmy Hoffa made a pact with the devil out of sheer necessity. But if he hadn't done that my son-in-law, along with millions of other truckers would still be working for coolie wages and living like peasants. And I know the same can be said for longshoremen and many other union members.

What we're talking about here is class warfare -- which can get pretty damn brutal. I don't like it but I understand it. The people who become involved in it at the base-level are not refined, well educated and gentle-natured. They are rough-hewn individuals who drive trucks, load and unload ships, work on high iron and bull-work construction jobs. When they are positioned by manipulative management-level forces in opposition to each other, violence is inevitable. They are fighting for the bread on their tables.

I realize he is the exception, but I have to say I will not stand behind a union that resorts to violence to get its way. I realize that you are a union supporter and I respect that. I am not against the unions so much as I am against the corrupt individuals that run the unions. IMHO they are no different that the politicians and lobbyists in Washington.

I've read a couple of your "justifications" of union violence in this thread. I'm sorry, I don't buy it. Especially when the people they attack are other members of the middle class.

Immie
Did you see the movie, Hoffa? If so, do you believe Jimmy Hoffa could have brought the Teamsters Union to prevail over the brutal goon oppression waged against his early membership without meeting violence with violence?

When I was a boy growing up in South Brooklyn I knew an old Italian fellow who lost the sight in one eye from a beating he got from a gang of company-hired goons while walking a picket line outside the Railway Express truck yard in Long Island City. He said that was not uncommon and I've read quite a bit that confirms everything he told us.

I am not a violent person by nature. But I know and I accept that there are times when violence is unavoidable. I know that sometimes the best way to fight fire is with fire. I know that Jimmy Hoffa made a pact with the devil out of sheer necessity. But if he hadn't done that my son-in-law, along with millions of other truckers would still be working for coolie wages and living like peasants. And I know the same can be said for longshoremen and many other union members.

What we're talking about here is class warfare -- which can get pretty damn brutal. I don't like it but I understand it. The people who become involved in it at the base-level are not refined, well educated and gentle-natured. They are rough-hewn individuals who drive trucks, load and unload ships, work on high iron and bull-work construction jobs. When they are positioned by manipulative management-level forces in opposition to each other, violence is inevitable. They are fighting for the bread on their tables.
leninsmile4pv.jpg

Immie

Let us never forget, that it was YOU who called for the repub's in Wisconsin to be dragged from their homes and tortured.:eusa_whistle:

[...]

Just thought you might like to consider it is likely that it's unions who are most likely to hurt union members, not anybody else.
No it is not likely. What is most likely to hurt union members is the elimination of union protection and benefits.

What that article reveals is some unions have become corrupted. That's true. But what do you believe should be done about it? Eliminate all unions? There are articles that reveal corruption in many police departments, too. Should we eliminate police departments?

I believe government should do all it can to root out and eliminate the corruption in unions -- and in all federal, state and local government agencies.

But throwing out the baby with the bathwater is plainly stupid.

Last edited:

Immie

Using the past of sixty or seventy years ago, an environment which no longer exists, as a justification for modern thuggery? You knew an old man sixty years ago, whose stories of violence long past supposedly justify violence today, when management hires lawyers, instead of hooligans? Don't you condescend to lecture me on the necessity of violence; I am an American combat veteran, and proud of it! Violence was my profession, and I am intimately familiar with a level of it which is beyond anything you have experienced. I despise it, in a way you cannot understand. I exercised it, not for selfish motives, but for the sake of a solemn oath to protect this nation's constitution. For that oath, I have faced death. For that oath, I have seen men give their very lives, blown to pieces, shot, bayonetted, and tortured to death when captured. For that oath, I have killed America's enemies face to face and hand to hand. For that oath, I have given orders which sent men to their death. For that oath, I have lived with the nightmares and memories of what I have seen, and had to do. For that oath, I have endured the scorn and jeers of Americans like you, without retaliation.

You and people like you have damned me for that, while excusing the selfish violence of "rough-hewn men" against their government and their fellow Americans, in defiance of law, and the constitution I fought to preserve. I am a warrior, forged in the heat of battle, not some street fight; tempered with the discipline of duty and honor, not lawlessness. Long ago I laid down my rifle and my ruck, and put my uniform away; but my oath remains; and with it my love for this nation; they do not expire, until Old Glory drapes my coffin. I hope I have fought my last battle, but I have seen freedom lost; I have seen a country turned into a slaughterhouse; and I will NEVER stand idly by while ANYONE attempts to do that here in America, whether for "bread", ideology, or political power. I am not alone; there are many more like me, who will fight a domestic enemy with the same determination and dedication we fought a foreign one; who will never shrink from our duty; however difficult or unpleasant. Those who would tear up our constitution, who would turn this nation into a den of thieves and thugs, who would replace the rule of law with the rule of the rabble in the street, will have to go through us to do it. That is REAL "necessary violence", and ANYONE who contemplates initiating it because he can't get his way, had better think long and hard before attempting it. You do your worst; we will do our best!

Last edited:
One more thing, Bolsheviks:
When uneducated Neanderthals who start fights and act like thugs live up North, are union members, and vote democrat, I notice you liberals call them "rough-hewn men". When they live in the South, raise a little hell, don't belong to the union, and vote republican or Tea Party, you call them "crackers", "rednecks, and "trailer park trash". Matter of fact, you call conservative Southerners with postgraduate degrees "crackers", "rednecks" and "trailer park trash", too! Bigoted much, you "sweet, compassionate, tolerant, do-gooder liberals"? Incidentally, for your edification, we have had paved roads and interstate highways down here for a long time, we have had indoor plumbing for the last 75 years or so, we don't live in manufactured housing, many of us not only have a college education, we have postgraduate or professional degrees; why, some of us can even read! Imagine THAT!

I would not advise you to come down here from New York and talk like that; you just might get your Yankee ass whipped (after we finish laughing at you, of course!), or at the least, get your foul mouth washed out with a bar of soap (I have done that to a few of your sorry species of bigot-seemed to improve their attitude). I also find it amusing (in a sick way) that you fools actually believe that a semi-skilled or unskilled worker with a dullard's brain and a dropout's education should get a a postgraduate professional's pay. Down here, we have this quaint idea that you get paid what your labor is actually worth! And you elitists actually think you are "intellectuals" in spite of that arrant nonsense! You have the brains of a goat, and the manners of a pig, if you ask me, with all the charm of a skunk to boot!

Immie

No, I have not seen the movie.

Yes, you and the union bosses are waging a war against other members of the middle class of America. Your violence doesn't affect the big wigs in the corporate offices of America. It affects your neighbors. People who live right down the road from you maybe even right next door. When you resort to violence, then you become a common thug, a pawn to be used by the Jimmy Hoffa's of this world.

Immie

Immie

Using the past of sixty or seventy years ago, an environment which no longer exists, as a justification for modern thuggery? You knew an old man sixty years ago, whose stories of violence long past supposedly justify violence today, when management hires lawyers, instead of hooligans? Don't you condescend to lecture me on the necessity of violence; I am an American combat veteran, and proud of it! Violence was my profession, and I am intimately familiar with a level of it which is beyond anything you have experienced. I despise it, in a way you cannot understand. I exercised it, not for selfish motives, but for the sake of a solemn oath to protect this nation's constitution. For that oath, I have faced death. For that oath, I have seen men give their very lives, blown to pieces, shot, bayonetted, and tortured to death when captured. For that oath, I have killed America's enemies face to face and hand to hand. For that oath, I have given orders which sent men to their death. For that oath, I have lived with the nightmares and memories of what I have seen, and had to do. For that oath, I have endured the scorn and jeers of Americans like you, without retaliation.

You and people like you have damned me for that, while excusing the selfish violence of "rough-hewn men" against their government and their fellow Americans, in defiance of law, and the constitution I fought to preserve. I am a warrior, forged in the heat of battle, not some street fight; tempered with the discipline of duty and honor, not lawlessness. Long ago I laid down my rifle and my ruck, and put my uniform away; but my oath remains; and with it my love for this nation; they do not expire, until Old Glory drapes my coffin. I hope I have fought my last battle, but I have seen freedom lost; I have seen a country turned into a slaughterhouse; and I will NEVER stand idly by while ANYONE attempts to do that here in America, whether for "bread", ideology, or political power. I am not alone; there are many more like me, who will fight a domestic enemy with the same determination and dedication we fought a foreign one; who will never shrink from our duty; however difficult or unpleasant. Those who would tear up our constitution, who would turn this nation into a den of thieves and thugs, who would replace the rule of law with the rule of the rabble in the street, will have to go through us to do it. That is REAL "necessary violence", and ANYONE who contemplates initiating it because he can't get his way, had better think long and hard before attempting it. You do your worst; we will do our best!
:clap2:

I wish I were that eloquent. I would have just told him, "Shut your stupid thug-loving mouth, you damned Commie bastard!"

Port of Longview, Washington about 400 longshoreman storm gates of port and hold security guards hostage . They also cut brake lines to trains and scuffled with police. Socialists at work, just because they did not like the company hiring others to do the job. Typical.

An idiotic premise – as conservatives like to say: the inappropriate acts of a few are not representative of the many.

One more thing, Bolsheviks:
When uneducated Neanderthals who start fights and act like thugs live up North, are union members, and vote democrat, I notice you liberals call them "rough-hewn men". When they live in the South, raise a little hell, don't belong to the union, and vote republican or Tea Party, you call them "crackers", "rednecks, and "trailer park trash". Matter of fact, you call conservative Southerners with postgraduate degrees "crackers", "rednecks" and "trailer park trash", too! Bigoted much, you "sweet, compassionate, tolerant, do-gooder liberals"? Incidentally, for your edification, we have had paved roads and interstate highways down here for a long time, we have had indoor plumbing for the last 75 years or so, we don't live in manufactured housing, many of us not only have a college education, we have postgraduate or professional degrees; why, some of us can even read! Imagine THAT!

I would not advise you to come down here from New York and talk like that; you just might get your Yankee ass whipped (after we finish laughing at you, of course!), or at the least, get your foul mouth washed out with a bar of soap (I have done that to a few of your sorry species of bigot-seemed to improve their attitude). I also find it amusing (in a sick way) that you fools actually believe that a semi-skilled or unskilled worker with a dullard's brain and a dropout's education should get a a postgraduate professional's pay. Down here, we have this quaint idea that you get paid what your labor is actually worth! And you elitists actually think you are "intellectuals" in spite of that arrant nonsense! You have the brains of a goat, and the manners of a pig, if you ask me, with all the charm of a skunk to boot!

:clap2::clap2:

Good catch. I'm so used to liberals' insulting condescension that I didn't even notice that spin.

Then I suggest that you do see the movie. Or, better, read The Rise of Jimmy Hoffa. Because you really don't know what you're talking about.

Yes, you and the union bosses are waging a war against other members of the middle class of America. Your violence doesn't affect the big wigs in the corporate offices of America. It affects your neighbors. People who live right down the road from you maybe even right next door.[...]
How does that work? Can you provide a specific example? Do you consider scabs who are willing to put you out of a job by working for less the same as ordinary "neighbors" who live next door?

While I respect your apparent intelligence you seem to be rather ignorant about this topic and are guided by what seems to be a personally timid nature.

Again, I suggest you educate yourself on the history and purpose of unions. And if you don't want to spend the time reading, here is a list of movies you can rent from NetFlix. All are entertaining and very educational.

Harlan County USA
The Molly McGuires
On The Waterfront
The Organizer
Native Land
Norma Rae
Matewan
Hoffa

Then I suggest that you do see the movie. Or, better, read The Rise of Jimmy Hoffa. Because you really don't know what you're talking about.

Yes, you and the union bosses are waging a war against other members of the middle class of America. Your violence doesn't affect the big wigs in the corporate offices of America. It affects your neighbors. People who live right down the road from you maybe even right next door.[...]
How does that work? Can you provide a specific example? Do you consider scabs who are willing to put you out of a job by working for less the same as ordinary "neighbors" who live next door?

While I respect your apparent intelligence you seem to be rather ignorant about this topic and are guided by what seems to be a personally timid nature.

Again, I suggest you educate yourself on the history and purpose of unions. And if you don't want to spend the time reading, here is a list of movies you can rent from NetFlix. All are entertaining and very educational.

Harlan County USA
The Molly McGuires
On The Waterfront
The Organizer
Native Land
Norma Rae
Matewan
Hoffa

I will never support violence especially the violence you are supporting against your own brothers and sisters.

By the way, most of those scabs you speak of are out of work lower - middle class Americans who are simply trying to feed themselves while you go on demanding a larger share of company profits than you deserve.

Edit: Most of you do not have a clue what it costs to run a business and how much you actually cost your employers, yet you demand more to the point of driving your employers out of business entirely.

Immie

Last edited:

Forum List

Back