UN-Privatize Baseball Now. PLEEEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how someone who couldn't run a garden hose pretends to know ANYTHING about running a multi-billion dollar business, and then advocates destroying the entire economic system in which such a business is possible in the first place.

It's like a pyro-maniac pretending to be an expert on building construction while urging everyone to live outside in tents.

:cuckoo:

Funny how someone who couldn't run a garden hose pretends to know ANYTHING about running a multi-billion dollar business, and then advocates destroying the entire economic system in which such a business is possible in the first place. It's like a pyro-maniac pretending to be an expert on building construction while urging everyone to live outside in tents.

NO, it's not anything like that. Now go back to your attic, crazy uncle.:badgrin:

Rays owner: No regrets over trading David Price

Interesting article about the David Price trade. I didn't realize that Price's contract was up and he would be a free agent next year. No wonder they traded him. Otherwise they would have lost considerable value.

"For Sternberg and the Rays, moves like that are of what the small-market franchise has to do to stay competitive, even if it means sending away stars." Knowing your market is an important factor.

""With David it wasn't three, four, five, eight guys and I think people got that and understood that we're still in it to win it," Sternberg said. "It really was the classic one-eye-on-the-present, one-eye-on-the-future kind of deal.""

Interesting article about the David Price trade. I didn't realize that Price's contract was up and he would be a free agent next year. No wonder they traded him. Otherwise they would have lost considerable value.

"For Sternberg and the Rays, moves like that are of what the small-market franchise has to do to stay competitive, even if it means sending away stars." Knowing your market is an important factor.

""With David it wasn't three, four, five, eight guys and I think people got that and understood that we're still in it to win it," Sternberg said. "It really was the classic one-eye-on-the-present, one-eye-on-the-future kind of deal.""

Money-hustler culture context, and nothing but.

So you are saying they should have kept him for one more year and had him leave without gaining anything in a trade?? You consider THAT a good way to run a team?

So you are saying they should have kept him for one more year and had him leave without gaining anything in a trade?? You consider THAT a good way to run a team?

No I'm saying they should have kept him until he RETIRES (maybe 15 years from now)

Last edited:

No I'm saying they should have kept him until he RETIRES (maybe 15 years from now)

So you want to force him to play where YOU want, not where he can make the most money or where he has the best shot at being part of winning a World Series?

It is so good of you to care so deeply about the players. lol

So you want to force him to play where YOU want, not where he can make the most money or where he has the best shot at being part of winning a World Series?

That's true. It is good of me to care about the players like David Price, who absolutely did NOT want to leave the Rays. And with him on the roster, the Rays had as good a chance to win the World Series as any team in baseball, while just before the trade the Rays had the best record in baseball, over the preceding 30 games (going back to June 10).. It's also noteworthy that the Rays beat the Tigers (team Price went to) 3 out of 4, in the last series the two teams played each other.

Also, I'm as just as concerned with the FANS (who you DON'T seem "to care so deeply about") as I am with the players, if not more so, as it should be. :D

And I DELETED your PM to the trash can, without reading it, of course. LOL.

Last edited:

That's true. It is good of me to care about the players like David Price, who absolutely did NOT want to leave the Rays. And with him on the roster, the Rays had as good a chance to win the World Series as any team in baseball, while just before the trade the Rays had the best record in baseball, over the preceding 30 games (going back to June 10).. It's also noteworthy that the Rays beat the Tigers (team Price went to) 3 out of 4, in the last series the two teams played each other.

Also, I'm as just as concerned with the FANS (who you DON'T seem "to care so deeply about") as I am with the players, if not more so, as it should be. :D

No, you are NOT concerned about the players if you think the answer is locking a player in on just one team for his entire career. And Tampa couldn't have afforded Price next year. So he would have been gone anyway.

The fans are fine. I have no problem with the fans. At least not until the become sanctimonious whiners who demand things be their way or the owners (who invested millions of their own money) should lose their team and the players should play for 1/10th of what they currently make. Or the fans who demand things go back to the way they used to be in some marvelous past viewed thru rose-colored glasses.

No, you are NOT concerned about the players if you think the answer is locking a player in on just one team for his entire career. And Tampa couldn't have afforded Price next year. So he would have been gone anyway.

The fans are fine. I have no problem with the fans. At least not until the become sanctimonious whiners who demand things be their way or the owners (who invested millions of their own money) should lose their team and the players should play for 1/10th of what they currently make. Or the fans who demand things go back to the way they used to be in some marvelous past viewed thru rose-colored glasses.

100% IRRELEVANT!!! :D:D:D

Absolutely relevant.

I notice you weren't complaining when Tampa got Fernando Rodney, and he saved 24 games out of 25, and won a few awards.

You also didn't complain about Matt Joyce. He turned out to be an All Star.

I bet you weren't complaining when Rafael Soriano was pitching and winning for Tampa.

In other words, you are fine with GETTING good players from other teams, but whine when your team's owner trades a good player before he loses him to free agency.

But I guess this is all money-hustler content too, huh?

News flash for you. They call it professional baseball for a reason. They play for money. The teams exist to make money. When the profits stop the team folds.

Absolutely relevant.

I notice you weren't complaining when Tampa got Fernando Rodney, and he saved 24 games out of 25, and won a few awards.

I bet you weren't complaining when Rafael Soriano was pitching and winning for Tampa.

In other words, you are fine with GETTING good players from other teams, but whine when your team's owner trades a good player before he loses him to free agency.

News flash for you. They call it professional baseball for a reason. They play for money. The teams exist to make money. When the profits stop the team folds.

And all of that is why it all needs to be socialized by County govts. You are making MY case, and doing a pretty good job of it. :D

Absolutely relevant.

And all of that is why it all needs to be socialized by County govts. You are making MY case, and doing a pretty good job of it. :D

No. I am making the case that it is a professional sport and it is doing exactly as it should do.

I am also making the point that you like it when good players come TO Tampa, but throw a fit when they are traded away.

MLB is fine. If you don't like it then watch something else.

Absolutely relevant.

No. I am making the case that it is a professional sport and it is doing exactly as it should do.

I am also making the point that you like it when good players come TO Tampa, but throw a fit when they are traded away.

MLB is a train wreck. It is a basket case no matter what direction players are moving, out or in. I am much more concerned with the status of MLB than I am with the RAys and whether they win or not. If I was as you said, then I would not be an ex-Rays fan now, when the Rays are winning games (this week). But I AM an EX-Rays fan, because I'm an EX-MLB fan. :D

MLB is a train wreck. It is a basket case no matter what direction players are moving, out or in. I am much more concerned with the status of MLB than I am with the RAys and whether they win or not. If I was as you said, then I would not be an ex-Rays fan now, when the Rays are winning games (this week). But I AM an EX-Rays fan, because I'm an EX-MLB fan. :D

Well, if you are an EX-fan, then what the team does is none of your business.

You don't like the way things changed, so you quit watching. That is the end of the story.

Your fantasy of socialized sports is nonsense.

You don't like the way things changed, so you quit watching. That is the end of the story.

1. Anything involving the public in my county and the Tampa Bay area is my business.

2. I quit watching now, but if what I proposed became law, I would watch again (under the proper circumstances).

3. My suggestion of socialized sports is common sense and necessary.

Strike 1. Strike 2. Strike 3. You're out. NEXT BATTER! :D

1. Anything involving the public in my county and the Tampa Bay area is my business.

2. I quit watching now, but if what I proposed became law, I would watch again (under the proper circumstances).

1. It is a privately owned business providing entertainment for spectators. If you don't watch or own stock, it is not your business.

2. You quit watching. End of discussion. What you propose is ridiculous and will not become law.

3. You suggestion would ruin sports forever. Unnecessary.

And that one is goooone!!!! Homerun!!!!

1. It is a privately owned business providing entertainment for spectators. If you don't watch or own stock, it is not your business.

2. You quit watching. End of discussion. What you propose is ridiculous and will not become law.

3. You suggestion would ruin sports forever. Unnecessary.

And that one is goooone!!!! Homerun!!!!

As the Rock of WWE fame would say > "IT DOESN'T MATTER" what it IS, what matters is what is should and needs to be. And being a public spectacle on TV, it is EVERYBODY'S business.

I will watch MLB again when it is LIBERATED from the clutches of the money-hustler greed freaks.

Sports is ruined NOW. It is necessary to liberate it, and make it a fan-friendly operation instead of the train wreck it is now. :D NEXT BATTER!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back