Uh-oh, Michele!

Ask her how many states there are in the USA

Ohhh, good one!!

"Throughout our history, the words of the Declaration have inspired immigrants from around the world to set sail to our shores. These immigrants have helped transform 13 small colonies into a great and growing nation of more than 300 people." --George W. Bush, Charlottesville, Va., July 4, 2008

"Your eminence, you're looking good." --George W. Bush to Pope Benedict XVI, using the title for Catholic cardinals, rather than addressing him as "your holiness," Rome, June 13, 2008

"Amigo! Amigo!" --George W. Bush, calling out to Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi in Spanish at the G-8 Summit, Rusutsu, Japan, July 10, 2008

Wanna trade verbal faux pas made by presidents? None of them is hugely important to grownups, you know.

Why should her district receive the benefits, while she continues to run her mouth about how horrible it all is, and she's for smaller government, and the stimulus was completely worthless?

Why don't you pick up the phone, stupid, call her and ask. Here - (202) 225-2331

Tell us how it went.

Looks like this thread has ruffled a few feathers. :eusa_whistle:

No feathers ruffled, but it did tickle a few funny bones.

and this here was my favorite post..good grief.

Why should her district receive the benefits, while she continues to run her mouth about how horrible it all is, and she's for smaller government, and the stimulus was completely worthless?

You are speaking bad of us.

LMAO

TRY SOMETHING FORMIDABLE

Learnt a new big word did ya?

hobby_horse.gif

Formidable

Oh my, the Huffukington Post.

What a pantload.

If there was any truth to this horseshit, it would be scrolling 24/7 on MSNBC.

Pesky facts are such an annoyance, eh?

MSNBC actually brought that little contradiction up months ago.

Wonder why Hufuckington Post is just carrying it now.

Slow news day?

Maybe because Bachmann continues to Huff 'n Puff with Fucking hypocrisy. She should just shut up. Her handlers are slipping.

LMAO

TRY SOMETHING FORMIDABLE

hobby_horse.gif

Formidable

Laughable coming from you.

Everything's a joke when I see ridiculous people posting ridiculous things. There's hardly any point in making a point. The hobby horse was a clue for you that showing off your "heavy metal artillery" comes across like some little boy who's trying to act all tough.

hobby_horse.gif

Formidable

Laughable coming from you.

Everything's a joke when I see ridiculous people posting ridiculous things. There's hardly any point in making a point. The hobby horse was a clue for you that showing off your "heavy metal artillery" comes across like some little boy who's trying to act all tough.

Estrogen Deprivation Eventually Undermines Brain Receptors And Stroke Protection

Seek medical help, your condition has become life threatening.

WOW, now they are calling for people to SHUT UP...

They figured they had something BIG with this information, and when it doesn't get all the peoples panties in a bunch they throw a hissy fit.:lol::lol:

LMAO

TRY SOMETHING FORMIDABLE

hobby_horse.gif

Formidable

lol, best use of an emoticon i've seen this week. i saw that too. i was like wait... "formidable"?

inigo.jpg

i do no think it means what you think it means?

anyway, in terms of how bachmann can do things so flagrantly hypocritical, someone, i can't remember who, linked to this article earlier today.

"Why Conservatives Can't Govern" by Alan Wolfe

i haven't finished it yet, but this bit struck me in terms of ideology vs. governance.

Contemporary conservatism is first and foremost about shrinking the size and reach of the federal government. This mission, let us be clear, is an ideological one. It does not emerge out of an attempt to solve real-world problems, such as managing increasing deficits or finding revenue to pay for entitlements built into the structure of federal legislation. It stems, rather, from the libertarian conviction, repeated endlessly by George W. Bush, that the money government collects in order to carry out its business properly belongs to the people themselves. One thought, and one thought only, guided Bush and his Republican allies since they assumed power in the wake of Bush vs. Gore: taxes must be cut, and the more they are cut--especially in ways benefiting the rich--the better.

But like all politicians, conservatives, once in office, find themselves under constant pressure from constituents to use government to improve their lives. This puts conservatives in the awkward position of managing government agencies whose missions--indeed, whose very existence--they believe to be illegitimate. Contemporary conservatism is a walking contradiction. Unable to shrink government but unwilling to improve it, conservatives attempt to split the difference, expanding government for political gain, but always in ways that validate their disregard for the very thing they are expanding. The end result is not just bigger government, but more incompetent government.
basically, conservatives believe in small government as an a priori belief but once they get into office this abstract belief comes up against the real-world problems of governance and administration. they have to address these problems in a way that doesn't disprove their belief in small government, which means they basically use big government to benefit themselves and get votes by bribing their constituencies with federal largesse.

on the other hand, i'm continually amazed at how everyday cons can accommodate the cognitive dissonance of their politicians flagrantly accepting aid from programs they claim the country would be better without. so i'm not sure conservative politicians even need to pretend to believe in small government in their actions. they can just talk about small government and then do whatever they like once they get into office. what are their supporters going to do, stick to their principles and demand that they actually act on small government principles or risk being called hypocrites? apparently, that will just never happen.

Last edited:
Pesky facts are such an annoyance, eh?

MSNBC actually brought that little contradiction up months ago.

Wonder why Hufuckington Post is just carrying it now.

Slow news day?

Maybe because Bachmann continues to Huff 'n Puff with Fucking hypocrisy. She should just shut up. Her handlers are slipping.

Nice to see she ruffles your feathers and polls higher numbers nationally than Obama.

Thanks for your input.

WOW, now they are calling for people to SHUT UP...

They figured they had something BIG with this information, and when it doesn't get all the peoples panties in a bunch they throw a hissy fit.:lol::lol:

Clearly a bitchfest.

That vetting everybody insisted on for the President is going to come back and start biting people in the ass. Michele is just the first of it.

The internet is the great equalizer.

Michele Bachmann Repeatedly Sought Stimulus, EPA, Other Government Funds

WASHINGTON -- Few candidates in the Republican presidential primary field have decried the federal government with as much gusto as Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.). The three-term congresswoman has belittled the stimulus package, deemed the Obama administration both corrupt and "gangster," and lamented the "orgy" of spending she sees happening in Washington.

The contempt has served her well, helping her craft the type of fiscally conservative, anti-government message that has catapulted her into frontrunner status for the Iowa Caucus and, more immediately, Saturday's crucial Ames Straw Poll.

But it's simply not supported by the Minnesota Republican's actual record.

A Freedom of Information Act request filed by The Huffington Post with three separate federal agencies reveals that on at least 16 separate occasions, Bachmann petitioned the federal government for direct financial help or aid. A large chunk of those requests were for funds set aside through President Obama's stimulus program, which Bachmann once labeled "fantasy economics." Bachmann made two more of those requests to the Environmental Protection Agency, an institution that she has suggested she would eliminate if she were in the White House.

Darn, honey. Did you really think nobody would find out??

I'm just glad that the $787 billion kept the unemployment rate below 8%.
Obama should mention that in a campaign commercial.

Forum List

Back