UFO Sightings on the Rise - Pentagon.

There is only one plausible explanation for the increased appearance of unknown objects in the sky ...

artworks-000570145883-6zi2wv-t500x500.jpg

Who says(proves) they are a million years in advance of humans?
Given growth of human knowledge and technology of past century and a half, "They" might only need to be a few decades to couple of centuries beyond us.
ok fine Stryder, so they traveled billions of lightyears for what? Starbucks coffee ?

alien-starbucks-paint-by-numbers.jpg

~S~

It's a common personality disorder in humans to try and answer the unknown with nonsense we just make up. Personally, I just don't have time for UFO bullshit. There are universal problems with such theories, such as identification, communication and a little thing called physics..
Still curious enough to waste a few minutes on wondering why the AF are making up the stories? Could it be directed at an enemy that is more receptive to the notion that there are extraterrestrials?

Takes a body of evidence to produce enough proof for a conviction.
Because that's the best they can do. The use of "proof" is colloquial.

Unfortunately for you, it's a terrible comparison. No, this won't be decided by a jury of 12 non experts.

Speaks for itself. Suggest read the full article linked.

We Have a Real UFO Problem. And It’s Not Balloons​

On a clear, sunny day in April 2014, two F/A-18s took off for an air combat training mission off the coast of Virginia. The jets, part of my Navy fighter squadron, climbed to an altitude of 12,000 and steered towards Warning Area W-72, an exclusive block of airspace ten miles east of Virginia Beach. All traffic into the training area goes through a single GPS point at a set altitude — almost like a doorway into a massive room where military jets can operate without running into other aircraft. Just at the moment the two jets crossed the threshold, one of the pilots saw a dark gray cube inside of a clear sphere — motionless against the wind, fixed directly at the entry point. The jets, only 100 feet apart, zipped past the object on either side. The pilots had come so dangerously close to something they couldn’t identify that they terminated the training mission immediately and returned to base.

“I almost hit one of those damn things!” the flight leader, still shaken by the incident, told us shortly after in the pilots’ ready room. We all knew exactly what he meant. “Those damn things” had been plaguing us for the previous eight months.

I joined the U.S. Navy in 2009 and underwent years of rigorous training as a pilot. Specifically, we are trained to be expert observers in identifying aircraft with our sensors and our own eyes. It’s our job to know what’s in our operating area. That’s why, in 2014, after upgrades were made to our radar system, our squadron made a startling discovery: There were unknown objects in our airspace.

Initially, the objects were showing up on our newly upgraded radars and we assumed they were “ghosts in the machine,” or software glitches. But then we began to correlate the radar tracks with multiple surveillance systems, including infrared sensors that detected heat signatures. Then came the hair-raising near misses that required us to take evasive action.

These were no mere balloons. The unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP) accelerated at speeds up to Mach 1, the speed of sound. They could hold their position, appearing motionless, despite Category 4 hurricane-force winds of 120 knots. They did not have any visible means of lift, control surfaces or propulsion — in other words nothing that resembled normal aircraft with wings, flaps or engines. And they outlasted our fighter jets, operating continuously throughout the day. I am a formally trained engineer, but the technology they demonstrated defied my understanding.

After that near-miss, we had no choice but to submit a safety report, hoping that something could be done before it was too late. But there was no official acknowledgement of what we experienced and no further mechanism to report the sightings — even as other aircrew flying along the East coast quietly began sharing similar experiences. Our only option was to cancel or move our training, as the UAP continued to maneuver in our vicinity unchecked.

Nearly a decade later we still don't know what they were.

When I retired from the Navy in 2019, I was the first active-duty pilot to come forward publicly and testify to Congress. In the years since, there has been some notable coverage of the encounters and Congress has taken some action to force the military and intelligence agencies to do much more to get to the bottom of these mysteries.

But there has not been anything near the level of public and official attention that has been paid to the recent shoot downs of a Chinese spy balloon and the three other unknown objects that were likely research balloons.

And that’s a problem.

Advanced objects demonstrating cutting-edge technology that we cannot explain are routinely flying over our military bases or entering restricted airspace.

“UAP events continue to occur in restricted or sensitive airspace, highlighting possible concerns for safety of flight or adversary collection activity,” the Director of National Intelligence reported last month, citing 247 new reports over the last 17 months. “Some UAP appeared to remain stationary in winds aloft, move against the wind, maneuver abruptly, or move at considerable speed, without discernible means of propulsion.”
I bet they are wrong, and it's mostly balloons.

I especially chuckle at the parts where pilots describe these objects " changing directions and whizzing by them"...

... i.e., exactly what a balloon floating on the air currents would appear to do, to a pilot in a jet traveling in one direction at hundreds of miles per hour.

ok fine Stryder, so they traveled billions of lightyears for what? Starbucks coffee ?

~S~
Understand your position but it is based on earth centric thinking .
Consider Hyper Space, for example , as distinct from the Materium which we are locked into, and suddenly many other narratives are possible .

Once you stretch your thinking to consider alternatives to "our" space and time you can drop the desperate need to attribute our types of motive and explanation to other entities who might exist in many different dimensions to the four we inhabit .

"Their" travel could be the equivalent of a weekend excursion by us , or lab masters checking on their test subjects etc etc
And in our terms might take almost no time at all .

alien-starbucks-paint-by-numbers.jpg

~S~
I saw this one. It turned out to be a human in an alien disguise. The drawing looks just it.

Anyway, one UFO I know of was the Lockheed Wing as I worked there. You prolly saw the film of that as a triangular shape with lights. Some of the UFOs are secret military developments that the government doesn't want you to know about. I only heard about it as I worked in the office. We'd play a game of where it was being kept. Someone asked where it was that day and we all pointed to a different building.

Today, I would guess some of them are modern drones. We think of them being used for weather and communications, but some of them are really fast. We have that pill shaped one that flies close to the water.

Last edited:

Does anybody believe in these UFO's being extraterrestrials?
Mainstream science isn't convinced and state valid reasons why not.

Then what is causing an increase in sightings? Mental health professionals have a theory to explain that too.
Note that the one pictured is the traditional model from the 50's with the viewing window on the top. Or does it look more like a big bird?
In my opinion there are three possibIlities.

1) They are extraterrestrials whose technology is very advanced when compared to ours.

2) They are humans from the future or the far past that not only have advanced tech but have learned how to time travel.

3) They are aliens from another dimension.

I have never seen something that I would say positively was a UFO or UAP. However I have known people who had and were not the type of people who tell stories. So far I have not met anyone who said they were abducted or had a close personal contact with an alien.

In my opinion there are three possibIlities.

1) They are extraterrestrials whose technology is very advanced when compared to ours.

2) They are humans from the future or the far past that not only have advanced tech but have learned how to time travel.

3) They are aliens from another dimension.

I have never seen something that I would say positively was a UFO or UAP. However I have known people who had and were not the type of people who tell stories. So far I have not met anyone who said they were abducted or had a close personal contact with an alien.
You forgot the two most likely explanations:

1) They are mundane objects made with existing technology

2) they are exaggerated products of the fallible human mind.

You forgot the two most likely explanations:

1) They are mundane objects made with existing technology

2) they are exaggerated products of the fallible human mind.
The descriptions by the navy plots chasing the UAP basically eliminate mundane objects using existing technology.

Hopefully the minds of our navy pilots rarely experience fallibility but that is a slight possibility.

They absolutely do not. Not a single one of them. Total nonsense.
So perhaps you can explain what the pilot described.

***snip***

Fravor took his jet in for a closer look and saw the object abruptly turn to mirror his movements, he says.

“As I’m coming down, it starts to come up…. It was aware we were there.”

Fravor says the object was the same size as his F/A-18F fighter jet, but it did not have any markings, wings or exhaust plumes. It was “50 to 100 metres in diameter and close to round,” according to the report.

Fravor says he tried to see how close he could get, but the object disappeared when it got right in front of him. It reappeared on the USS Princeton’s radar a few seconds later, at a distance of nearly 100 kilometres away.

“There’s something out there that was better than our airplane,” Fravor said. “I don’t know who’s building it, who’s got the technology, who’s got the brains.”

Does anybody believe in these UFO's being extraterrestrials?
Mainstream science isn't convinced and state valid reasons why not.

Then what is causing an increase in sightings? Mental health professionals have a theory to explain that too.
Note that the one pictured is the traditional model from the 50's with the viewing window on the top. Or does it look more like a big bird?
Yet now that everyone in the world is carrying a camera, there are LESS pictures being taken by UFO's than there were before the invention of cell phones. :dunno:

Yet now that everyone in the world is carrying a camera, there are LESS pictures being taken by UFO's than there were before the invention of cell phones. :dunno:
You and god must have meant 'of' UFO's.

So perhaps you can explain what the pilot described.

***snip***

Fravor took his jet in for a closer look and saw the object abruptly turn to mirror his movements, he says.

“As I’m coming down, it starts to come up…. It was aware we were there.”

Fravor says the object was the same size as his F/A-18F fighter jet, but it did not have any markings, wings or exhaust plumes. It was “50 to 100 metres in diameter and close to round,” according to the report.

Fravor says he tried to see how close he could get, but the object disappeared when it got right in front of him. It reappeared on the USS Princeton’s radar a few seconds later, at a distance of nearly 100 kilometres away.

“There’s something out there that was better than our airplane,” Fravor said. “I don’t know who’s building it, who’s got the technology, who’s got the brains.”
Two issues i see with this right away. The first is a term that i cant remember... "spacial recognition" i think? You cant tell how big an object in the sky is without another object next to it to compare. Is it 50 meters round or is it just 5 meters round but its really close to you so you cant tell the difference?

The second issue is the distance it traveled on radar in a split second. What is more likely, an alien from another planet used super high tech thrusters on a space ship, or is the radar on the fritz?

Evidence is unassailable but if you do not DYOR you will never know -- just chug along happy with your existing mind set .

How many recovery missions do you think there have been , excluding China and Russia?

Have you ever wondered how a not over bright US suddenly jumped exponentially in technological terms after the crashes in the forties and then later from the fifties .
Coincidence ?
Possibly .
Our advancement in technology came after we stole all of Hitlers best scientists in both nuclear engineering and rocketry. That happened in the 40s.

Coincidence? Probably not.

Forum List

Back