UFO Sightings on the Rise - Pentagon.

Two issues i see with this right away. The first is a term that i cant remember... "spacial recognition" i think? You cant tell how big an object in the sky is without another object next to it to compare. Is it 50 meters round or is it just 5 meters round but its really close to you so you cant tell the difference?

The second issue is the distance it traveled on radar in a split second. What is more likely, an alien from another planet used super high tech thrusters on a space ship, or is the radar on the fritz?
The pilot answered both your concerns. He got close enough to say there were no markings on the UAP and the fact he viewed the UAP up close means the radar on the ship was working.

***snip***

Fravor took his jet in for a closer look and saw the object abruptly turn to mirror his movements, he says.

“As I’m coming down, it starts to come up…. It was aware we were there.”

Fravor says the object was the same size as his F/A-18F fighter jet, but it did not have any markings, wings or exhaust plumes. It was “50 to 100 metres in diameter and close to round,” according to the report.

Fravor says he tried to see how close he could get, but the object disappeared when it got right in front of him. It reappeared on the USS Princeton’s radar a few seconds later, at a distance of nearly 100 kilometres away.

Now of course the pilot might have mental issues but there were two pilots involved and I would hope those we allow to fly our fighter jets are mentally stable and sane.

Two issues i see with this right away. The first is a term that i cant remember... "spacial recognition" i think? You cant tell how big an object in the sky is without another object next to it to compare. Is it 50 meters round or is it just 5 meters round but its really close to you so you cant tell the difference?

The second issue is the distance it traveled on radar in a split second. What is more likely, an alien from another planet used super high tech thrusters on a space ship, or is the radar on the fritz?
And even harder to tell, due to lensing caused by moisture in the air.

The pilot answered both your concerns. He got close enough to say there were no markings on the UAP and the fact he viewed the UAP up close means the radar on the ship was working.

***snip***

Fravor took his jet in for a closer look and saw the object abruptly turn to mirror his movements, he says.

“As I’m coming down, it starts to come up…. It was aware we were there.”

Fravor says the object was the same size as his F/A-18F fighter jet, but it did not have any markings, wings or exhaust plumes. It was “50 to 100 metres in diameter and close to round,” according to the report.

Fravor says he tried to see how close he could get, but the object disappeared when it got right in front of him. It reappeared on the USS Princeton’s radar a few seconds later, at a distance of nearly 100 kilometres away.

Now of course the pilot might have mental issues but there were two pilots involved and I would hope those we allow to fly our fighter jets are mentally stable and sane.
I deem Fravor to be the most credible UFO witness ever. That still doesnt mean that he is right. How would he know how big it is without something familiar (like a car, or a house, a person, a fire hydrant, etc) next to it that he can compare it to? When all you see is empty sky behind the UFO, its impossible to tell (with your eyes) how far away it is, unless you know how big it is beforehand.

"Spatial Awareness" - https://tss.org.uk/downloads/factsheet5.pdf

I already did that. A mundane object, coupled with optical illusion and a fallible human mind.
You may be right.

I personally believe we are being prepped before our government reveals to us that UFOs are real and we may have already had contact with the space aliens that fly them.

Of course I could be wrong.

However the pilot said he got up close to the object and it had no markings on it. He said it was the same size as his fighter. That should eliminate your first concern.

The radar on the fritz theory is possible.

You reminded me that back in the 1960s a guy who had been a Dew Line radar tech in the Air Force told me that one day he watched a return travel across Alaska at unbelievable speed. The radar according to him was working normally.

However the pilot said he got up close to the object and it had no markings on it. He said it was the same size as his fighter. That should eliminate your first concern.
How would he know the difference between a 50 foot wide orb at 1,000 feet and a 500 foot wide orb at 10,000 feet? If he drew a circle around it on his windshield, the circle would be the same size for both objects at those distances. Maybe it was a 1 foot orb 20 feet in front of him, but it would still be the same size in his windshield as the previous two examples.

You have nothing to give you spatial awareness when youre looking in the sky at an object you arent familiar with. If it was a floating Honda Civic he would have a really good idea of how far away it was, but a UFO orb that youve never seen before? Thats impossible to guess.

Last edited:
You may be right.

I personally believe we are being prepped before our government reveals to us that UFOs are real and we may have already had contact with the space aliens that fly them.

Of course I could be wrong.

That would be pretty amazing.

But all the bad evidence and lack of any good evidence all seems to point the other way. As does the clear cultural (and therefore also geographical) bias in the sightings and accounts.

Peole in 1000 BC saw dragons and serpents in the sky.

People in the 5th century saw chariots and winged horses in the sky.

People in the 15th century saw flying wooden ships.

People in the 20th and 21st century see alien craft.

You see the pattern...

That would be pretty amazing.

But all the bad evidence and lack of any good evidence all seems to point the other way. As does the clear cultural (and therefore also geographical) bias in the sightings and accounts.

Peole in 1000 BC saw dragons and serpents in the sky.

People in the 5th century saw chariots and winged horses in the sky.

People in the 15th century saw flying wooden ships.

People in the 20th and 21st century see alien craft.

You see the pattern...
People often try to describe items they do not understand using a comparison to stuff they are familiar with. A spacecraft that emits a flame is a dragon.

Or perhaps the spacecraft Ezekiel witnessed in the Bible.

People often try to describe items they do not understand using a comparison to stuff they are familiar with. A spacecraft that emits a flame is a dragon.

Or perhaps the spacecraft Ezekiel witnessed in the Bible.

Yes. The pentagon puts out a report of a sphere in a cube, and suddenly we get reports of similar sightings.

Only in the US, naturally.

Does anybody believe in these UFO's being extraterrestrials?
Mainstream science isn't convinced and state valid reasons why not.

Then what is causing an increase in sightings? Mental health professionals have a theory to explain that too.
Note that the one pictured is the traditional model from the 50's with the viewing window on the top. Or does it look more like a big bird?

All we have are opinions. There are literally millions of people who claim to have been abducted by aliens, taken aboard UFOs, had sperm and ova removed, given some kind of medical examination, implanted with some device in their nose, or other body parts, which some doctors have claimed to have removed and subjected to analysis. There is a lot going on in field, but how much of it is real, fake, or something in between, who knows? It's a real rabbit hole. But, good entertainment if you're into it, and not get hypnotized in to believing it. Read Dr. David Jacob's "Walking Among Us'. I don't know what to make of it, but it was a fascinating read. I'd get real careful though, the UFO conventions have a real cult like feel to them, I've just seen videos, I've never been to one. But, I suppose one day I'll make it over to Alien Con, just for shits and giggles, and photo ops with crazy people, it's all in good fun, and that's just how you should take it.

On the other hand, some real high functioning credible people believe in them. A couple of astronauts, Top Gun pilots, military folks, testified to their experiences, and they were very convincing. I suppose we won't really know until they announce to us that they are here, but given the reportage, if they are here, they are acting very clandestine, as if they don't wnat us to be able to prove their existence, and if that is true, it's really creepy. I mean, what do they want with us? Wanna meet an alien? Light up a doob and watch skinny bob, the grey alien from Zeti Reticuli. The flick will grab you. It really seems like there is a sentient being there, and it's not just CGI. Most CGI is really fake, and you can tell. But this, it really seems like old film, taken in the 40s it's starts with a KGB logo. With most UFO fake, at some point, the creator usually comes forward and admits making it. But, so far, no one knows who Ivan0135, the channel owner, is, nor has he or she ever come forward.

Last edited:
All we have are opinions. There are literally millions of people who claim to have been abducted by aliens, taken aboard UFOs, had sperm and ova removed, given some kind of medical examination, implanted with some device in their nose, or other body parts, which some doctors have claimed to have removed and subjected to analysis. There is a lot going on in field, but how much of it is real, fake, or something in between, who knows? It's a real rabbit hole. But, good entertainment if you're into it, and not get hypnotized in to believing it. Read Dr. David Jacob's "Walking Among Us'. I don't know what to make of it, but it was a fascinating read. I'd get real careful though, the UFO conventions have a real cult like feel to them, I've just seen videos, I've never been to one. But, I suppose one day I'll make it over to Alien Con, just for shits and giggles, and photo ops with crazy people, it's all in good fun, and that's just how you should take it.

On the other hand, some real high functioning credible people believe in them. A couple of astronauts, Top Gun pilots, military folks, testified to their experiences, and they were very convincing. I suppose we won't really know until they announce to us that they are here, but given the reportage, if they are here, they are acting very clandestine, as if they don't wnat us to be able to prove their existence, and if that is true, it's really creepy. I mean, what do they want with us? Wanna meet an alien? Light up a doob and watch skinny bob, the grey alien from Zeti Reticuli. The flick will grab you. It really seems like there is a sentient being there, and it's not just CGI. Most CGI is really fake, and you can tell. But this, it really seems like old film, taken in the 40s it's starts with a KGB logo. With most UFO fake, at some point, the creator usually comes forward and admits making it. But, so far, no one knows who Ivan0135, the channel owner, is, nor has he or she ever come forward.

Thanks for all that. There are too many points to address so I'll just give you my overall impression. It's silly.

If you want to examine any one point in all that, I would be happy to address iit. That's fairer than choosing one myself.

For all we know they may make new models every year to sell to those who travel rough the galaxy.
Ha, true. That would seem to indicate they would also have the technology not to be caught visiting us, though. I mean, we can image the surface of Venus from a satellite orbiting 1000s of miles above the surface.

Ha, true. That would seem to indicate they would also have the technology not to be caught visiting us, though. I mean, we can image the surface of Venus from a satellite orbiting 1000s of miles above the surface.
Sure any advanced technology would have the ability to be invisible if they wished to. We are getting the tech right now.

Space aliens might find playing with our fighter jets as fun. In that case they would want to be visible.

Sure any advanced technology would have the ability to be invisible if they wished to. We are getting the tech right now.

Space aliens might find playing with our fighter jets as fun. In that case they would want to be visible.
The pilots joking about what they were pretending to be seeing is the indication that it was a prank.
In truth they were seeing something that was quite natural. A flock of birds becoming a single solid object on radar?

We still need a few million good pictures being taken on cell phones. Or even one to at least present some hope of theory being even considered?

OH wait! Lately the believers have made them invisible! LOL

Thanks for all that. There are too many points to address so I'll just give you my overall impression. It's silly.

If you want to examine any one point in all that, I would be happy to address iit. That's fairer than choosing one myself.

I wasn't refuting your post, Donald, I was just merely adding to it, some thoughts. Not much to really comment on.

In fact, I'm very much involved with the UFO community, having read a number of books, and watched hundreds of videos, and so forth. If they are, indeed, visiting earth on a constant basis, it is the story of the century. For all of the issues non believers raise, I have learned compelling counter arguments. But, healthy skepticism, I agree, is a good thing. One should not accept every wild claim without at east a reasonable path of logic and some kind of evidence, hard or circumstantial. A scientist, of course, by virtue of the standards of their profession, they need hard evidence. But, for us armchair philosophers, a strong case and some soft or circumstantial evidence is acceptable in order to form a reasonable opinion.

I have never seen a UFO, nor met an alien. But, the most compelling book on the subject I've ever read was Dr. David Jacob's "Walking Among Us'. I real eye opener. It was that book took me from a curious onlooker to a believer, and it was the details, that I found compelling.

Forum List

Back