UFO Sightings on the Rise - Pentagon.

I wasn't refuting your post, Donald, I was just merely adding to it, some thoughts. Not much to really comment on.

In fact, I'm very much involved with the UFO community, having read a number of books, and watched hundreds of videos, and so forth. If they are, indeed, visiting earth on a constant basis, it is the story of the century. For all of the issues non believers raise, I have learned compelling counter arguments. But, healthy skepticism, I agree, is a good thing. One should not accept every wild claim without at east a reasonable path of logic and some kind of evidence, hard or circumstantial. A scientist, of course, by virtue of the standards of their profession, they need hard evidence. But, for us armchair philosophers, a strong case and some soft or circumstantial evidence is acceptable in order to form a reasonable opinion.

I have never seen a UFO, nor met an alien. But, the most compelling book on the subject I've ever read was Dr. David Jacob's "Walking Among Us'. I real eye opener. It was that book took me from a curious onlooker to a believer, and it was the details, that I found compelling.
What was it that made you a believer in David Jacob's book?

I too find the discussion interesting but I have to be honest and say that it's not because of the possibility of there being aliens. I need evidence for that.

It's more along the lines of the idea I presented on the pilots pulling a prank by using a phenomenon they likely understood for the purpose of pranking.

Anyway, you could tell me what made you a believer?

What was it that made you a believer in David Jacob's book?
Jacobs is a PHd history profession who dabbles in regression hypnotherapy to help people who ahve been abducted by aliens, all done without charge to anyone, for the purpose of helping people cope with the trauma. He learned how to perform a type of hypnotherapy from Budd Hopkins, who has written a few best sellers and hypnotized many abductees. When I got into UFOs, I thought the abduction side of the subject was really more of crazy talk, and didn't give it much thought, that is, until I read his book. I have sat in on a few regressive hypnotherapy sessions, and they are intense. Here, we have ordinary people, reviving distant memories with excruciating and traumatic detail.

To those who argue hypnosis is not a hard science, nor can it be relied on. Well, if you are in a court of law, and one's liberty depends on hard facts, I would be reluctant to deprive someone of their liberty based on the information garnered from a hypnosis session. But that isn't the standard here. What is notable about the veracity of garnered memory from hypnosis, well, it goes like this: There is always the pitfall of 'confabulation', where people imagine something and believe it is memory. But Confabulation always varies, after repetition. The secret to weed out confabulation, is, in another session, on another day, have the subject recall the same event, and if the memory is confab, it will vary from the first recanting, and, if it is authentic, it will become more clearer, like a fog clearing from a scene.

Mindful of this, Jacobs has been very careful to weed out confabulation from sessions, and being very careful not to inject leading questions to the subject. I've heard all the detractors, and their arguments are adequately addressed by Jacobs in his book.

And then there is the fantastic panoramic detail offered in the book of the many sessions and what he recovered from those sessions, which paints a story unfolding, and it's mind-boggling. It's also scary, which, of course, depends entirely on how one interprets the information learned from his subjects. Aliens never speak to their intentions, they are on a clandestine mission, it seems. (Assuming you accept the premise of their existence as we learn in his book).

What one should not do, is have a preconceived idea of what the book is about

I too find the discussion interesting but I have to be honest and say that it's not because of the possibility of there being aliens. I need evidence for that.

It's more along the lines of the idea I presented on the pilots pulling a prank by using a phenomenon they likely understood for the purpose of pranking.
Such a prank would be disastrous for their career. To me, that makes no sense.

Anyway, you could tell me what made you a believer?

The Book, by Jacobs, and the works of Stanton Friedman, the 7 hour audio-autobiography by Bob Lazar "Dreamland".

And numerous other things, too many to list. There are 10s of thousands of sightings, and this idea that not even one of them is authentic, doesn't make sense, IF only one, is, then that is all one needs to know. Millions of people have had the abductions, and what is really interesting is the fact that the vast majority of them tell a very similar tale. This includes the testimony of people before the popular idea of the 'grey alien', made famous by the book, 'The Communion' was even published.

The vast majority of women and men abductees tell us that they were placed on a medical kind of table, and were examined. Their examination always centered around their nervous systems, spinal examination, etc. never 'heart. lungs' and the sort of things most doctors do. Almost all the mature women and men report aliens removing ova and sperm from them. There is the famous 'Betty and Barney Hill abduction'. In the famous book, Barney never mentioned his getting sperm taken from him. But, in many hypnosis session, we learn that male subjects, and females, too, mention they had ova and sperm taken. Because of this, someone wondered why Barney never mentioned it, in the book. Well, he was confronted about it, years after the book, and after we learned form other subjects about this, and he admitted that he too, had sperm taken, but was too embarrassed to allow it to be included in the book.

For those who assert that abductees are merely regurgitating what has already been published, it's details like this that squash that contention, for me, anyway.

If you want to read something interesting, read that book, 'Walking Among Us". And if you want to listen to a long, but compelling, autobiography, listen to Bob Lazar's reading of his book, an audiobook, 'Dreamland', it's 7 hours long on YouTube.

Jacobs is a PHd history profession who dabbles in regression hypnotherapy to help people who ahve been abducted by aliens, all done without charge to anyone, for the purpose of helping people cope with the trauma. He learned how to perform a type of hypnotherapy from Budd Hopkins, who has written a few best sellers and hypnotized many abductees. When I got into UFOs, I thought the abduction side of the subject was really more of crazy talk, and didn't give it much thought, that is, until I read his book. I have sat in on a few regressive hypnotherapy sessions, and they are intense. Here, we have ordinary people, reviving distant memories with excruciating and traumatic detail.

To those who argue hypnosis is not a hard science, nor can it be relied on. Well, if you are in a court of law, and one's liberty depends on hard facts, I would be reluctant to deprive someone of their liberty based on the information garnered from a hypnosis session. But that isn't the standard here. What is notable about the veracity of garnered memory from hypnosis, well, it goes like this: There is always the pitfall of 'confabulation', where people imagine something and believe it is memory. But Confabulation always varies, after repetition. The secret to weed out confabulation, is, in another session, on another day, have the subject recall the same event, and if the memory is confab, it will vary from the first recanting, and, if it is authentic, it will become more clearer, like a fog clearing from a scene.

Mindful of this, Jacobs has been very careful to weed out confabulation from sessions, and being very careful not to inject leading questions to the subject. I've heard all the detractors, and their arguments are adequately addressed by Jacobs in his book.

And then there is the fantastic panoramic detail offered in the book of the many sessions and what he recovered from those sessions, which paints a story unfolding, and it's mind-boggling. It's also scary, which, of course, depends entirely on how one interprets the information learned from his subjects. Aliens never speak to their intentions, they are on a clandestine mission, it seems. (Assuming you accept the premise of their existence as we learn in his book).

The Book, by Jacobs, and the works of Stanton Friedman, the 7 hour audio-autobiography by Bob Lazar "Dreamland".

And numerous other things, too many to list. There are 10s of thousands of sightings, and this idea that not even one of them is authentic, doesn't make sense, IF only one, is, then that is all one needs to know. Millions of people have had the abductions, and what is really interesting is the fact that the vast majority of them tell a very similar tale. This includes the testimony of people before the popular idea of the 'grey alien', made famous by the book, 'The Communion' was even published.

The vast majority of women and men abductees tell us that they were placed on a medical kind of table, and were examined. Their examination always centered around their nervous systems, spinal examination, etc. never 'heart. lungs' and the sort of things most doctors do. Almost all the mature women and men report aliens removing ova and sperm from them. There is the famous 'Betty and Barney Hill abduction'. In the famous book, Barney never mentioned his getting sperm taken from him. But, in many hypnosis session, we learn that male subjects, and females, too, mention they had ova and sperm taken. Because of this, someone wondered why Barney never mentioned it, in the book. Well, he was confronted about it, years after the book, and after we learned form other subjects about this, and he admitted that he too, had sperm taken, but was too embarrassed to allow it to be included in the book.

For those who assert that abductees are merely regurgitating what has already been published, it's details like this that squash that contention, for me, anyway.

If you want to read something interesting, read that book, 'Walking Among Us". And if you want to listen to a long, but compelling, autobiography, listen to Bob Lazar's reading of his book, an audiobook, 'Dreamland', it's 7 hours long on YouTube.
Or save yourself some time and money and demand evidence. Then wait.

A loooooong time.

The pilots joking about what they were pretending to be seeing is the indication that it was a prank.
In truth they were seeing something that was quite natural. A flock of birds becoming a single solid object on radar?

We still need a few million good pictures being taken on cell phones. Or even one to at least present some hope of theory being even considered?

OH wait! Lately the believers have made them invisible! LOL
I remember one time a ufo on radar was described as a cloud of mosquitoes.

Who knows?

One day I might read that a flock of birds or a cloud of mosquitoes shot down a fighter jet.

No, they reported what they saw on their radar but didn't claim they were extraterrestrials. A flock of birds can appear as a single object and the motion is explained with the parallax effect.

I've seen a cargo ship zoom right across my small craft radar 8 mile wide screen in 5 seconds. How was that possible? I won't tell you because the rankest amateur would already know.
There are 10s of thousands of sightings, and this idea that not even one of them is authentic, doesn't make sense,
Before cell phones there were photos of UFO's in the hundreds but none passed muster by showing clear detail. And no real extraterrestrial beings have been photographed that were credible after close examination.

What doesn't make sense is that there aren't hundreds of thousands (millions) of photos available now that nearly everybody has a camera.

I think that fact was the death blow to the suspicion that there are extraterrestrials visiting earth. And modern science still makes it highly unlikely, approaching impossible.

UFO's will still be photographed in small numbers and that's not disputed. The 'U' being the key.

All that is just my opinion for what it's worth Rumpole

What is common to JW believers and believers in extraterrestrials?

It's their need to believe.

And that's being kind and polite about it.

I think we'll also find something in common too, with the more irrational members of this forum. For example, those who still need to believe in the stolen election.

In fairness, there are a few exceptions. But digging a little deeper will eliminate a lot of the exceptions.

No, they reported what they saw on their radar but didn't claim they were extraterrestrials. A flock of birds can appear as a single object and the motion is explained with the parallax effect.

I've seen a cargo ship zoom right across my small craft radar 8 mile wide screen in 5 seconds. How was that possible? I won't tell you because the rankest amateur would already know.
I don't believe I discussed radar issues?
Before cell phones there were photos of UFO's in the hundreds but none passed muster by showing clear detail. And no real extraterrestrial beings have been photographed that were credible after close examination.
Now were on a subject with which I have some expertise, having worked as a free lance professional photographer for much of my life, on the issue of photography.
1. Before cell phones with cameras, few people carried point and shoot cameras around with them as they do now with the advent of the cell phone, let alone pro or semi pro gear.
2. Fewer still, would be someone carrying gear capable of professional caliber photography, particularly given that to do the job right, you would need two cameras, one with a telephoto range of say, 100-500mm, and another at 600mm, maybe 800mm, and such lenses are too costly for average folks, even to rent because one would have to spend weeks waiting for a potential shot.
3 It appears to be true that most of the sightings are at night, thus the greater odds of getting a shot are in low light, and before the advent of High ISO speed digital gear, film of the film era were limited to 1600 and 3200 speed film (black and white for outdoors, color film at these speeds was white balanced for tungsten lighting), which were grainy as all heck, nice for black and white art shots, but terrible for forensic shots, requiring slow shutter speeds which in turn require a professional and expensive tripod, such as a Manfrotto

Since the introduction of High ISO digital cameras, including higher ISO cell phones, night shooting is better than it used to be, but cell phones really aren't designed for sports photography, the kind of rig one would use for sports would be similar for using or shooting UFOs. Fast FPS, accurate center weighted metering. telephotos with the focal lengths one would use for shooting birds, 200-500mm in my estimation. On top of that, I'd want another camera fit with an 600mm maybe 800mm lens, fixed focal length. Could use a crop factor body, such as the Canon 7d, to extend the reach (but with 50megabyte sensors, the crop factor sensors are obsolete now unless you are shooting with an older, smaller res camera). Such lenses can easily exceed $10k. At night, a cell phone's shutter is going to drop below the user's steady hand holding capability, and the shots are going to be blurry. This would be much less of a problem with a pro rig on a steady tripod.

Very few people have the kind of rig necessary to get such shots, that greatly narrows the field of opportunity for good shots.

Still, I watched a video of a guy who had quite the set up, several video cameras, several DSLRs with different focal lengths, and he got a lot of shots, but he still was unable to get a close up, a well defined shot.

The answer to this dilemma can be garnered from the abductees, who explain their own plight in trying to photograph aliens with video cameras installed in their bedroom so they thought they could capture them in the act of being abducted. No such luck, as I will explain, below.

Now, of course, you are going to have to suspend disbelief if you want to follow the logic I'm about to present, and even if you don't believe it, it IS a valid point IF it were true. And it goes like this:

Aliens know all about us, They know all of our languages, they know a lot about our culture and technologies. They have been studying us for thousands of years, if not longer. And they know where our cameras are, and can disable them from a distance. As far as the distance goes, if you are within the range of a light beam, so to speak, they can disable any electronic device. And they do, when abducting humans because they are operating clandestinely. They intentionally prevent us from garnering hard evidence. At a greater distance, they are not able to shut off electronic devices, and that is why all we have are at a distance shots, which , even with pro cameras, they are not very satisfying.

This is the point, when you, folks in general, and when such learned men as Neil deGrasse Tyson, when he often complains with, 'for a couple of decades now, there are billions of cellphones about, all with cameras, and how come there isn't even one solid, up close, clear shot? It defies logic" he says. That logic makes sense, until you understand the aforementioned factor.

And, of course, the operative phrase is, and is always: 'Believe It or Not!".

To learn more about this, I do recommend you read Dr. David Jacob's 'Walking Among Us' (and his other book "The Threat") and once through with those, books by Budd Hopkins (famous artist, and abduction hypnotherapist who taught Jacobs) and Dr. John Mack, the famous Harvard fellow psychiatrist, on this subject of abductions.

What doesn't make sense is that there aren't hundreds of thousands (millions) of photos available now that nearly everybody has a camera.

I think that fact was the death blow to the suspicion that there are extraterrestrials visiting earth. And modern science still makes it highly unlikely, approaching impossible.

UFO's will still be photographed in small numbers and that's not disputed. The 'U' being the key.

All that is just my opinion for what it's worth Rumpole

See above. Keep an open mind, and the garbage filter enabled.

And since I own the right type of gear for this type of shooting, I'm thinking of making a trip out to the desert, some time, or perhaps near a field of nuke silos, where they are often seen hovering. However, that might strike the ire of the military, so, maybe not :) What I plan to do is bring a totally mechanical rig, no batteries or electronics, so the aliens can't disable the camera, and use high speed film. Since most photographers are not aware of the alien agenda, their electronic disabling capability, few have thought of this. However, they might be on to me and shoot an infrared beam at me, or some kind of been to mess up the emulsion in the film. Still, worth a try. Just in case, I'll bring infrared film and a second camera body.

Last edited:
Translation:

"We're going to be playing with of our black-op toys soon but we want you to think we are as clueless as the public as to the origin of these odd sightings."

I don't believe I discussed radar issues?

Now were on a subject with which I have some expertise, having worked as a free lance professional photographer for much of my life, on the issue of photography.
1. Before cell phones with cameras, few people carried point and shoot cameras around with them as they do now with the advent of the cell phone, let alone pro or semi pro gear.
2. Fewer still, would be someone carrying gear capable of professional caliber photography, particularly given that to do the job right, you would need two cameras, one with a telephoto range of say, 100-500mm, and another at 600mm, maybe 800mm, and such lenses are too costly for average folks, even to rent because one would have to spend weeks waiting for a potential shot.
3 It appears to be true that most of the sightings are at night, thus the greater odds of getting a shot are in low light, and before the advent of High ISO speed digital gear, film of the film era were limited to 1600 and 3200 speed film (black and white for outdoors, color film at these speeds was white balanced for tungsten lighting), which were grainy has all heck, nice for black and white art shots, but terrible for forensic shots, requiring slow shutter speeds which in turn require a professional and expensive tripod, such as a Manfrotto

Since the introduction of High ISO digital cameras, including higher ISO cell phones, night shooting is better than it used to be, but cell phones really aren't designed for sports photography, the kind of rig one would use for sports would be similar for using or shooting UFOs. Fast FPS, accurate center weighted metering. telephotos with the focal lengths one would use for shooting birds, 200-500mm in my estimation. On top of that, I'd want another camera fit with an 600mm maybe 800mm lens, fixed focal length. Could use a crop factor body, such as the Canon 7d, to extend the reach (but with 50megabyte sensors, the crop factor sensors are obsolete now unless you are shooting with an older, smaller res camera). Such lenses can easily exceed $10k. At night, a cell phone's shutter is going to drop below the user's steady hand holding capability, and the shots are going to be blurry. This would be much less of a problem with a pro rig on a steady tripod.

Very few people have the kind of rig necessary to get such shots, that greatly narrows the field of opportunity for good shots.

Still, I watched a video of a guy who had quite the set up, several video cameras, several DSLRs with different focal lengths, and he got a lot of shots, but he still was unable to get a close up, a well defined shot.

The answer to this dilemma can be garnered from the abductees, who explain their own plight in trying to photograph aliens with video cameras installed in their bedroom so they thought they could capture them in the act of being abducted. No such luck, as I will explain, below.

Now, of course, you are going to have to suspend disbelief if you want to follow the logic I'm about to present, and even if you don't believe it, it IS a valid point IF it were true. And it goes like this:

Aliens know all about us, They know all of our languages, they know a lot about our culture and technologies. They have been studying us for thousands of years, if not longer. And they know where our cameras are, and can disable them from a distance. As far as the distance goes, if you are within the range of a light beam, so to speak, they can disable any electronic device. And they do, when abducting humans because they are operating clandestinely. They intentionally prevent us from garnering hard evidence. At a greater distance, they are not able to shut off electronic devices, and that is why all we have are at a distance shots, which , even with pro cameras, they are not very satisfying.

This is the point, when you, folks in general, and when such learned men as Neil deGrasse Tyson, when he often complains with, 'for a couple of decades now, there are billions of cellphones about, all with cameras, and how come there isn't even one solid, up close, clear shot? It defies logic" he says. That logic makes sense, until you understand the aforementioned factor.

And, of course, the operative phrase is, and is always: 'Believe It or Not!".

To learn more about this, I do recommend you read Dr. David Jacob's 'Walking Among Us' (and his other book "The Threat") and once through with those, books by Budd Hopkins (famous artist, and abduction hypnotherapist who taught Jacobs) and Dr. John Mack, the famous Harvard fellow psychiatrist, on this subject of abductions.

See above.

And since I own the right type of gear for this type of shooting, I'm thinking of making a trip out to the desert, some time, or perhaps near a field of nuke silos, where they are often seen hovering. However, that might strike the ire of the military, so, maybe not :) What I plan to do is bring a totally mechanical rig, no batteries or electronics, so the aliens can't disable the camera, and use high speed film. Since most photographers are not aware of the alien agenda, their electronic disabling capability, few have thought of this.
Claiming that nobody would be close enough with a cell phone camera and claiming the image wouldn't be of high enough quality, is you grasping at straws. In fact, many cell phones produce better well focused images now than did my 35mm camera was capable of 30 years ago.

Of interest:
1. Aliens are disabling cell phone cameras now?
2. Aliens are making themselves invisible now?

Hence, the lack of hundreds of thousands of photos explained.

Your beliefs are fixed in your head and my lack of same are too. I've satisfied my interest now.

Claiming that nobody would be close enough with a cell phone camera and claiming the image wouldn't be of high enough quality, is you grasping at straws. In fact, many cell phones produce better well focused images now than did my 35mm camera was capable of 30 years ago.
For portraits, cell phones are impressive compared to the old point and shoots. Cell phones are still inadequate at distances especially in low light, because in low light, where most sightings are made, shutter speeds drop below a hand held ability to steady the phone for a sharp enough shot. who walks around with a tripod looking for UFOs?
Of interest:
1. Aliens are disabling cell phone cameras now?
2. Aliens are making themselves invisible now?
Yes to both, and have been for a number of decades, IF you believe abductees testimonies under regressive hypnotherapy.
Hence, the lack of hundreds of thousands of photos explained.

Your beliefs are fixed in your head and my lack of same are too. I've satisfied my interest now.

Whatever.

Haha . . No. And this report just reinforces that.

Apparently this is how the Earth looks to aliens:

View attachment 747268
The US has been urged to disclose evidence of UFOs after a whistleblower former intelligence official said the government has possession of “intact and partially intact” alien vehicles.

The former intelligence official David Grusch, who led analysis of unexplained anomalous phenomena (UAP) within a US Department of Defense agency, has alleged that the US has craft of non-human origin.

All that makes good sense IMO, except the last line which seems to suggest that you are of the opinion that some of the sightings are actual extraterrestrials. Did I get that right on your opinion? Or did I read too much into it?

The object of the OP was to determine how many believe, one way or another, with also accepting that some would believe that some are terrestrials too.
Another possibility is these UAPs are from the future. Imagine being a historian with the ability to time travel. If so we may live in a parallel universe.

Well, this should be front page news, but apparently it's no big deal.

A former intelligence official turned whistleblower has given Congress and the Intelligence Community Inspector General extensive classified information about deeply covert programs that he says possess retrieved intact and partially intact craft of non-human origin.

The information, he says, has been illegally withheld from Congress, and he filed a complaint alleging that he suffered illegal retaliation for his confidential disclosures, reported here for the first time.

Other intelligence officials, both active and retired, with knowledge of these programs through their work in various agencies, have independently provided similar, corroborating information, both on and off the record.

The whistleblower, David Charles Grusch, 36, a decorated former combat officer in Afghanistan, is a veteran of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) and the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO). He served as the reconnaissance office’s representative to the Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force from 2019-2021. From late 2021 to July 2022, he was the NGA’s co-lead for UAP analysis and its representative to the task force.

The task force was established to investigate what were once called “unidentified flying objects,” or UFOs, and are now officially called “unidentified anomalous phenomena,” or UAP. The task force was led by the Department of the Navy under the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence and Security. It has since been reorganized and expanded into the All-Domain Anomaly Resolution Office to include investigations of objects operating underwater.

Grusch said the recoveries of partial fragments through and up to intact vehicles have been made for decades through the present day by the government, its allies, and defense contractors. Analysis has determined that the objects retrieved are “of exotic origin (non-human intelligence, whether extraterrestrial or unknown origin) based on the vehicle morphologies and material science testing and the possession of unique atomic arrangements and radiological signatures,” he said.

And so to conclude this thread on a positive note: The pro side on extraterrestrials visiting earth are not showing much commitment and that's surprising!

DeGrasse Tyson:

very short utube and right to the point!

Hey I watched the video. I was a Raelian for 10 years. Now I'm back in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Aliens could avoid a careful picture of themselves and there's no reason to say they are not a threat. In the movie V they said that we have to suppose Aliens could be a threat because those Aliens are powerful enough to wipe us out if they came here.

Forum List

Back