Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
U.S. Training Al-Qaeda-linked Syrian Rebels at Secret Bases
CBS News ^ | June 21, 2013 | David Martin

U.S. training Syrian rebels at secret bases

CBS News
June 21, 2013
U.S. training Syrian rebels at secret bases - CBS News
Since late last year, the CIA has been training small numbers of Syrian rebels at secret bases in Turkey and Jordan, CBS News has confirmed.

The training has included the use of anti-tank and anti-aircraft weapons, which have been provided by Arab countries, and which the rebels say they badly need to counter the firepower of the Syrian army.

So far, you'd have to say the training hasn't succeeded, since in the past several weeks, the tide of battle has turned in favor of the government forces.
The White House announced last week that it would supply military support to the rebels seeking to overthrow Syrian President Bashar Assad. The announcement came after the administration concluded the regime used chemical weapons against the rebels.

Let's get out of the middle east!

Last edited:
Are they training them on how to commit random acts of terrorism? If so, your outrage is warranted. But.....if they are training them in the use of conventional weaponry and warfare, you might just be overreacting. It is not as though al Quaeda has a standing army or any means of transporting one from the Middle East to Middle Tennessee.

Let me repeat my desire that we don't involve ourselves in the affairs of these nations to begin with.......but this matter is nothing to freak out about in and of itself. The US has a pretty long History of training soldiers who are actually hostile to us. It is one of those things that a meddlesome, power-hungry superpower kind of has to do from time to time.

Are they training them on how to commit random acts of terrorism? If so, your outrage is warranted. But.....if they are training them in the use of conventional weaponry and warfare, you might just be overreacting. It is not as though al Quaeda has a standing army or any means of transporting one from the Middle East to Middle Tennessee.

Let me repeat my desire that we don't involve ourselves in the affairs of these nations to begin with.......but this matter is nothing to freak out about in and of itself. The US has a pretty long History of training soldiers who are actually hostile to us. It is one of those things that a meddlesome, power-hungry superpower kind of has to do from time to time.

Are you so loyally blind to the Boy King that you have justified working with AL Qaeda?

september-9-11-attacks-anniversary-ground-zero-world-trade-center-pentagon-flight-93-second-airplane-wtc_39997_600x450.jpg

Now what's to stop them from using these modern weapons to seize a nuclear device in the Middle East and then transporting it over our undefended Mexican border and detonating in some major urban region?

Last edited:

Why do we HAVE to train Al Quaeda ? This has gotta be one of the dumbest things I've heard I a long time

Are you so loyally blind to the Boy King that you have justified working with AL Qaeda?

september-9-11-attacks-anniversary-ground-zero-world-trade-center-pentagon-flight-93-second-airplane-wtc_39997_600x450.jpg

Now what's to stop them from using these modern weapons to seize a nuclear device in the Middle East and then transporting it over our undefended Mexican border and detonating in some major urban region?

What do you mean by Boy King?

Ain't it sad? As long as it's the great obummer arming and training the animals known as AL Qaeda, it's all good.

If you people would check your emotions at the door, you'd be able to reason. And, you'd also be able to grasp the tone of my comments.

Try it.

No, there's no emotions to check, There's absolutely nothing that can justify something so fuckin' stupid as arming and training the same terrorists we've been fighting for over a decade, and will continue to fight for the next decade the way it's going.

Have you asked the commanders on the ground if there is justification? Or...do you imagine that President Obama has developed this idea on his own?

Tools.

Last edited:
By the way......I just read the article at the link. It does not mention al Qaeda at all.

Was the OP making shit up to illicit an emotional response? I think he was.

We are arming the Syrian rebels and they have admitted they are part of al Qaeda. We need to get out and keep our money, tanks, jets, weapons and people.

I know some use the excuse that an enemy of our enemy is a friend, but al Qaeda will use anything they can against us and our allies, so we should tell them to piss up a rope. No good will come of this.

Forum List

Back