U.S. To Sue Georgia Over Restrictive Sew State Voting Law

Filibustering the For The People Act isn't going to stop preventing the republicans from changing voting laws in their states to prevent people from voting.

I'm very glad to see the DOJ is doing this.

The republicans shouldn't be able to pass laws that disenfranchises millions of people.

The new law will not go into effect. The DOJ will get a judge to stop it from going into effect while the case is ongoing. Hopefully people will come out in droves next year to vote these republicans who hate democracy out of office to replace them with people who do love democracy and our nation.

There is a simple truth about the Trump Cult Party...They are unable to field candidates who can win fair elections, so they have to try and steal them by eliminating as many opposition voters as they can get away with. They have been doing it forever and aren't about to stop. Bigly!!!

Filibustering the For The People Act isn't going to stop preventing the republicans from changing voting laws in their states to prevent people from voting.

The republicans shouldn't be able to pass laws that disenfranchises millions of people.

The new law will not go into effect. The DOJ will get a judge to stop it from going into effect while the case is ongoing. Hopefully people will come out in droves next year to vote these republicans who hate democracy out of office to replace them with people who do love democracy and our nation.

Dummy. The Fed can't tell any State what to do on voting. Each state is different.

More bull shit.

who is being disenfranchised and how??

Let's see, anyone who can't get away to vote because of a job requirement, the disabled, the house bound, the caregivers. Lot's of people.
Add to that, reducing the number of polling place causing people to stand and wait in long lines for hours, reducing the number of drop boxes..curiously, both happening in districts largely populated by people of color.
Let's not even get started about those pesky mail in votes.

I wonder why that is? :)...oh yeah, they helped throw the last guy out. So, of course there must be fraud.
And yet places like Delaware have even more restrictive mail in voting rules, remind me when Garland will sue them? Or New York or any other democratic state with more restrictive laws?

My apologies. What # does Delaware rank on a population scale in the US?..and density? How many urban centers with packed populations does it have? I only travel through Delaware. I've never actually spent any time there.
My guess, the rules can stand because based on population, those rules don't result in any disenfranchisement. Gonna guess Garland will ignore Delaware. :)
Delaware is the 6th most densely populated state. The top 7 are East coast Dem shitholes.

Here are the 10 states with the highest population density:
  1. New Jersey (1,207 people per square mile)
  2. Rhode Island (1,027 people per square mile)
  3. Massachusetts (886 people per square mile)
  4. Connecticut (734 people per square mile)
  5. Maryland (625 people per square mile)
  6. Delaware (508 people per square mile)
  7. New York (410 people per square mile)
  8. Florida (409 people per square mile)
  9. Ohio (287 people per square mile)
  10. Pennsylvania (286 people per square mile)

Isn't it insulting for Black people to constantly be portrayed by elitist democrats as victims of some voting conspiracy or another? What is it about Georgia's voting that has the Biden administration up in arms?

How do their voting requirements effect blacks differently than everyone else?

Pennsylvania, Georgia Michigan and North Carolina there was another,
There were many states. Jack is just a Jackass

As I routinely tell another poster. Put up and we can discuss.
Just typing it...is your opinion only. And you know all about opinions. :)
Its not opinion. Some people are literate. :dunno:

There is a simple truth about the Trump Cult Party...They are unable to field candidates who can win fair elections, so they have to try and steal them by eliminating as many opposition voters as they can get away with. They have been doing it forever and aren't about to stop. Bigly!!!
Steal how? What is in their voting laws that helps republicans?

dems claim ID discriminates that making people actually ask for a ballot discriminates for example.

dems claim ID discriminates that making people actually ask for a ballot discriminates for example.
Ohhh, so they are worried because they know republicans are responsible people who have ID's, while democrats are a bunch of fucktards who cant handle the most basic things in life? Thats embarrassing.

Let's see, anyone who can't get away to vote because of a job requirement, the disabled, the house bound, the caregivers. Lot's of people.
Add to that, reducing the number of polling place causing people to stand and wait in long lines for hours, reducing the number of drop boxes..curiously, both happening in districts largely populated by people of color.

I wonder why that is? :)...oh yeah, they helped throw the last guy out. So, of course there must be fraud.
And yet places like Delaware have even more restrictive mail in voting rules, remind me when Garland will sue them? Or New York or any other democratic state with more restrictive laws?

SCOTUS might have to set this bogus bullshit straight.

I'm sorry, this ruling was about ONE judge's opinion about a ruling of a SOS accepting signatures on those ballots. Not challenging the state constitutionality of mail in voting or the reasons the state did so.
Ultimately, this will probably be appealed.

And my by recollection, the Michigan legislature expanded that mail-in voting in a bipartisan fashion. :)

I'm sorry, this ruling was about ONE judge's opinion about a ruling of a SOS accepting signatures on those ballots. Not challenging the state constitutionality of mail in voting or the reasons the state did so.

And my by recollection, the Michigan legislature expanded that mail-in voting in a bipartisan fashion. :)
Second sentence
The Michigan Secretary of State thus usurped the constitutional role delegated to the state legislatures
Can you see it now?

Democrats need to start preparing to fight the new restrictive laws in all 50 state by informing their constituents how to best comply with the measures in each state. The only way to stop the Neo-GOP's fascist agenda is to retake the States Governments by voting in the off year elections in mass as if the presidential election was at stake.

Last edited:

My apologies. What # does Delaware rank on a population scale in the US?..and density? How many urban centers with packed populations does it have? I only travel through Delaware. I've never actually spent any time there.
My guess, the rules can stand because based on population, those rules don't result in any disenfranchisement. Gonna guess Garland will ignore Delaware. :)

Ummmm, it's called EQUAL PROTECTION UNDER THE LAW.

You should read up on the laws of this land, clearly the fascist country you're from doesn't give a crap about individual Rights.

But this country does.

I think you are correct. She clarified a rule by setting statewide guidelines on how to verify signatures, she did not illegally or unconstitutionally change the election law. The Judge said she had to go through the rule making process and reverted the guideline back to the ambiguous or ill defined wording of the original Bill. The clarification she made didn't change a single vote.

My senior community is very concerned about the GOP efforts to stop mail in voting. So many of us no longer have transportation or have walkers and canes and can't stand in line for hours. ..

For the most part these voters find Trump disgusting whether they are conservatives, moderates or liberals.

It is called an absentee ballot, dumbass!

Second sentence
The Michigan Secretary of State thus usurped the constitutional role delegated to the state legislatures
Can you see it now?

Over ballot signatures. I see it. Has nothing to do with the constitutionality of mail-in voting.

Forum List

Back