U.S. To Sue Georgia Over Restrictive Sew State Voting Law

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
Filibustering the For The People Act isn't going to stop preventing the republicans from changing voting laws in their states to prevent people from voting.

I'm very glad to see the DOJ is doing this.

The republicans shouldn't be able to pass laws that disenfranchises millions of people.

The new law will not go into effect. The DOJ will get a judge to stop it from going into effect while the case is ongoing. Hopefully people will come out in droves next year to vote these republicans who hate democracy out of office to replace them with people who do love democracy and our nation.

Filibustering the For The People Act isn't going to stop preventing the republicans from changing voting laws in their states to prevent people from voting.

The republicans shouldn't be able to pass laws that disenfranchises millions of people.

The new law will not go into effect. The DOJ will get a judge to stop it from going into effect while the case is ongoing. Hopefully people will come out in droves next year to vote these republicans who hate democracy out of office to replace them with people who do love democracy and our nation.

My senior community is very concerned about the GOP efforts to stop mail in voting. So many of us no longer have transportation or have walkers and canes and can't stand in line for hours. ..

For the most part these voters find Trump disgusting whether they are conservatives, moderates or liberals.

who is being disenfranchised and how??

Just the first. Again, it's a long way until 2022. Many of these laws passed in states will not stand up. Some will. But most won't.
Either way, the next couple years is the Republican party's Last Stand. They live or die on what happens over the next 18 months.

If they don't dump Trump, they will never make it. I was a Republican for 35 years until Dubya invaded Iraq.

What part of the bill do you disagree with?

LOL he doesn't say what is objectionable about the law..... for example if it is the number of days to vote early then why isn't he suing all the democratic state with less days? If it is the requirement to ask for an absentee ballot why isn't he suing all the democratic states that don't allow you to get one unless you have a very specific limited excuse for it? If it is drop boxes again the state did not have them before the last election and why isn't he suing the democratic states with out them at all?

Let's see, anyone who can't get away to vote because of a job requirement, the disabled, the house bound, the caregivers. Lot's of people.
Add to that, reducing the number of polling place causing people to stand and wait in long lines for hours, reducing the number of drop boxes..curiously, both happening in districts largely populated by people of color.
Let's not even get started about those pesky mail in votes.

I wonder why that is? :)...oh yeah, they helped throw the last guy out. So, of course there must be fraud.

Let's see, anyone who can't get away to vote because of a job requirement, the disabled, the house bound, the caregivers. Lot's of people.
Add to that, reducing the number of polling place causing people to stand and wait in long lines for hours, reducing the number of drop boxes..curiously, both happening in districts largely populated by people of color.

I wonder why that is? :)...oh yeah, they helped throw the last guy out. So, of course there must be fraud.

so what youre saying is black people are to stupid to think ahead and prepare for voting day,,,

I think thats racist

sorry not seeing it,,

And yet places like Delaware have even more restrictive mail in voting rules, remind me when Garland will sue them? Or New York or any other democratic state with more restrictive laws?

And yet places like Delaware have even more restrictive mail in voting rules, remind me when Garland will sue them? Or New York or any other democratic state with more restrictive laws?

My apologies. What # does Delaware rank on a population scale in the US?..and density? How many urban centers with packed populations does it have? I only travel through Delaware. I've never actually spent any time there.
My guess, the rules can stand because based on population, those rules don't result in any disenfranchisement. Gonna guess Garland will ignore Delaware. :)

My apologies. What # does Delaware rank on a population scale in the US?..and density? How many urban centers with packed populations does it have? I only travel through Delaware. I've never actually spent any time there.
My guess, the rules can stand because based on population, those rules don't result in any disenfranchisement. Gonna guess Garland will ignore Delaware. :)
LOL Ohh I see democrats can be hypocrites cause they are not really important? Right? Sorry but if he argues that tactic he will lose and New York has restrictive mail in rules too remind me how small they are again?

LOL Ohh I see democrats can be hypocrites cause they are not really important? Right? Sorry but if he argues that tactic he will lose and New York has restrictive mail in rules too remind me how small they are again?

Hmm. You'll have to point out those restrictions. Even before last year, New York's were pretty...liberal. :)

Why isnt he doing anything about the states that unconstitutionally changed their election laws?
Party over Country

Of course Republicans have never attempted to do that in the first place.

The Democrats on the other hand, not only attempted it, but passed and implemented Jim Crow laws that disenfranchised blacks. The Democrats also opposed the 15th amendment.

NO ONE who has a legal right to vote is being prevented from voting. FULL STOP.

Why isnt he doing anything about the states that unconstitutionally changed their election laws?
Party over Country

Which state did that?
stateS

Why don't I just go ahead and take PA off your list since I know that's where you're going. :)

Forum List

Back