U.S Flags at Olympics Symbolize the 'Rise of White Supremacy'

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019
An ESPN sportswriter has declared on live TV that seeing the American flag being waved at the Tokyo Olympics symbolizes the "rise of white supremacy."

Speaking during an appearance on CBS on Monday, Bill Rhoden said people waving Old Glory at the Games in Japan reminds him of the January 6 riots at the U.S. Capitol.

He said seeing the flag being waved in such a way causes him to ask himself "what America am I living in?"

"My favorite part of the Olympics was always going to the stadium for the opening ceremonies,"
Rhoden said.

"I love the opening ceremonies, the march of countries.

"Then I just realized, you know, man, particularly after these last four years, I had it wrong."
"And also, this whole idea — I keep thinking back on the Capitol riots, and I saw a lot of, you know, US flags.

"So now when I see the flag and the flag raised, what — what America am I living in?"

Rhoden spoke of the American basketball team losing 83-76 to France on Sunday, halting its chance at winning the gold medal, and called it a humbling experience for the team.

What are all of these companies going to when the money stops coming in?

An ESPN sportswriter has declared on live TV that seeing the American flag being waved at the Tokyo Olympics symbolizes the "rise of white supremacy."

Speaking during an appearance on CBS on Monday, Bill Rhoden said people waving Old Glory at the Games in Japan reminds him of the January 6 riots at the U.S. Capitol.

He said seeing the flag being waved in such a way causes him to ask himself "what America am I living in?"

"My favorite part of the Olympics was always going to the stadium for the opening ceremonies,"
Rhoden said.

"Then I just realized, you know, man, particularly after these last four years, I had it wrong."
"And also, this whole idea — I keep thinking back on the Capitol riots, and I saw a lot of, you know, US flags.

"So now when I see the flag and the flag raised, what — what America am I living in?"

Rhoden spoke of the American basketball team losing 83-76 to France on Sunday, halting its chance at winning the gold medal, and called it a humbling experience for the team.

He sounds like a politically warped kind of a Fk. ESPN would be better without him.

Rhoden said.

democrats were burning the flag and calling it a symbol of white supremacy long before jan 6th .

I don't know which is worse -- that these nut jobs keep getting more and more idiotic with their extremism or that all the rank and file democrats here will just go along with it as it becomes their new woke normal.

It's like watching a massive group psychosis unfolding right before my eyes.

Bill Rhoden is a special kind of idiot to say something that stupid. I wonder if that asshole broke down and cried too. He may be upset because he's still missing the ultimate racist, Obama. Rhoden is a freaking joke.

He sounds like a politically warped kind of a Fk. ESPN would be better without him.
With former broadcasters like Rhodden, Jamele Hill and Keith Olbermann as alumni
ESPN has assumed the roll of the CNN of sports broadcasters.

Btw, the flag also represents the downfall of fascism and communism, the end of slavery and
the start of civil rights laws and freedom to people around the world that risk their lives to get here.

An honest decent person would have noted all of that but William Rhoden is not that person.

Last edited:
With former broadcasters like Rhodden, Jamele Hill and Keith Olbermann as alumni
ESPN has assumed the roll of the CNN of sports broadcasters.
Is Olbermann back on the sports beat, now that we are past election year? What a waste of airtime.

Is Olbermann back on the sports beat, now that we are past election year? What a waste of airtime.
Olbermann has trouble hanging onto a job so it's hard to say where he is right now.
Or if he is, available for viewing at all.

In 2020 he resigned, again, from ESPN to start his own pod cast.

It would be interesting to see what is his audience is like and how many people follow him.

Edit: I investigated Olbermann's You Tube channel and he has an amazingly paltry 29,000 subscribers
(when many You Tubers are in the hundreds of thousands of subscribers).
And his own channel guide says his channel doesn't have any content! So I don't know if
that's a literal description of his channel or he just isn't good at updating potential viewers.

So..looks like he's doing great! :icon_rolleyes:

Last edited:
Probably sounds corny, but I love this country. And imo our flag is gorgeous.

Fuck these 'woke' pieces of garbage. Hate America? Then show some courage, and leave.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back