U.S. colleges scramble after new Trump order on foreign students

You are all missing the main point. A huge point. Trump had nothing to do with these schools going to all online classes. They did that all on their own. Since they will not be attending physical classes there is no need for them to be physically present.

We are talking about deporting foreign students.
So please tell us Tipsy. What benefits do Americans get by deporting these foreign students?

They pumped in $41 billions 2018 and 2019 supported by 458,000 jobs to our economy. Trump and supporters like you are destroying this country. Explain to us why you and Trump wants to destroy this country?

Well, it seems entire online classes for immigrants would have got them kicked out anyways because there was a limit on them. Obviously, if all were online, they woukd exceed the limit.
Im trying to find the EO and I cant. Do you have a link?

I expected that only Trump followers will support this kind of stupidity.

Right now this country needs a lot of investments and money needs to help the economy. We are in deep shit because how Trump screwed up this country.

There are millions of foreign students. So let me stick it to your thick skull and the rest of you.

1. Billions of $ are already lost from Trump stupidity even before the Covid-19.
2. Billions $!more will be lost by deporting these foreign students.
3. These students pay premiums on rents of apartments or condos.
4. They spent $ billions on clothings, shoes, iPhones, WiFi, furnitures, entertainments and foods.

All of those will be a lost of American incomes.

So explain to us. WHAT IS THE BENEFITS OF DEPORTING THESE STUDENTS?

This is a good example how Trump screwed this country. This a good example that Trump is so dumb that he has nothing to do with with the good economy.
You lost me a Trump follower.
You are a dumb pos

You can hide and lie how and what you post if it’s a pro Trump. You are a Trump supporter. It doesn’t make any difference.

If I’m dumb. Why not prove it? I don’t simply say hogwash or bullshit to anyone. I always followed it up with my rebuttal..

There are millions of foreign students. So let me stick it to your thick skull and the rest of you.

1. Billions of $ are already lost from Trump stupidity even before the Covid-19.
4. They spent $ billions on clothings, shoes, iPhones, WiFi, furnitures, entertainments and foods.

Oh really......well if that's the case, why don't we let the entire Fn world into the United States? If a few million foreigners can do that, imagine what 7.3 billion people could do with our economy!

Then you wonder why we absolutely need to keep people with your mentality out of power.

Talk a massive and unstable strawman.

How so? The straw man is on your side, not ours.

This is such a reoccurring leftist argument it's almost laughable.

When we talk about how many people are on welfare, the left tells us they are benefitting our economy, as if they would otherwise not eat or buy things without it. When we object to increased national minimum wage, the left tells us how many people will get off of welfare. When we talk about the illegal immigrants, the left tells us how they participate in our economy instead of what it actually costs us taxpayers to have them here. Now we are talking about sending foreigners back home because there is no need for them to be here since they are not physically attending schools--which is why they are granted Visa's in the fist place, and again, how much we will suffer economically without them.

It's really a joke already to us on the right, because every single leftist position, you find some way to lie how it's to our economical benefit.
No, it is your strawman. What does that have to do with foreign students coming here and paying us for an education?

Strawman.

They can't pay us from their country?

Until we can get a hold of this virus problem, I'm not crazy about anybody coming into this country for any reason yet alone students we don't need so they can buy pop-tarts and rent rooms here. We'll do just fine without them, and they will have to figure out another way to get their education if they don't want to go online in their country, or wait until we have some sort of control of this virus.

How in the world you can post something this dumb Ray?

1. We here in US cannot get our act together. We are out of control handling this virus because of very poor leadership by incompetent Trump. Most foreign countries are getting better ( except Brazil ) handling this Covid-19 world wide. But US is going the wrong directions because of Trump. European countries are opening their borders except to Americans going to Europe because of Trump. That’s how bad is our country.

2. What do you mean letting more students coming in? We are talking about foreign students that Trump wants to deport? Not the students coming in. Before Covid-19 universities are loosing $ billions in last 2 years because of Trump.
Look at the date of this link November 2019 months before CV-19 hits US.

Let them lose billions. Who cares? Your article is BS because we have American kids dying to get into some of these colleges. When they start closing because they can't get foreigners in here, then let's talk. Oh, and just who did this evaluation? NAFSA: Association of International Educators, an international association of professional educators. Gee, no bias there I would suspect. And who is reporting this discovery? That's right, the Communist News Network. Such a believable group of people.

You are all missing the main point. A huge point. Trump had nothing to do with these schools going to all online classes. They did that all on their own. Since they will not be attending physical classes there is no need for them to be physically present.

So please tell us Tipsy. What benefits do Americans get by deporting these foreign students?

They pumped in $41 billions 2018 and 2019 supported by 458,000 jobs to our economy. Trump and supporters like you are destroying this country. Explain to us why you and Trump wants to destroy this country?
458,000 jobs that could go to American students. You would have them sitting in a room on the same laptop they would be using in their home country.

Democrats are only interested in replacing the population of Americans. That's IT.

Oh really......well if that's the case, why don't we let the entire Fn world into the United States? If a few million foreigners can do that, imagine what 7.3 billion people could do with our economy!

Then you wonder why we absolutely need to keep people with your mentality out of power.

When we talk about how many people are on welfare, the left tells us they are benefitting our economy, as if they would otherwise not eat or buy things without it. When we object to increased national minimum wage, the left tells us how many people will get off of welfare. When we talk about the illegal immigrants, the left tells us how they participate in our economy instead of what it actually costs us taxpayers to have them here. Now we are talking about sending foreigners back home because there is no need for them to be here since they are not physically attending schools--which is why they are granted Visa's in the fist place, and again, how much we will suffer economically without them.

It's really a joke already to us on the right, because every single leftist position, you find some way to lie how it's to our economical benefit.
No, it is your strawman. What does that have to do with foreign students coming here and paying us for an education?

Strawman.

Until we can get a hold of this virus problem, I'm not crazy about anybody coming into this country for any reason yet alone students we don't need so they can buy pop-tarts and rent rooms here. We'll do just fine without them, and they will have to figure out another way to get their education if they don't want to go online in their country, or wait until we have some sort of control of this virus.
Of course they can, but tech availability is not always there.

That could be the case, but I doubt an entire country is incapable from getting online. Let their government provide that technology. After all, if we are going to provide education for their people, giving them a facility to get online is the least they can do.

I'm sorry, but we can't solve everybody's problems around the world.
You make it sound like they are going to college here for free. Have you considered exactly how much money this would be kicking out of our economy?

Yes, the left has used that straw man repeatedly as I explained to Coyote. If we don't provide illegals with licenses, they will drive without licenses making them more dangerous to the rest of us. If we don't increase the national minimum wage, our welfare will never go down. If we provide socialized healthcare, our businesses would flourish because they would have so much more money to pay their workers. If we get rid of illegals, the price of our tomatoes will skyrocket, and our economy suffer because they buy things too. If we don't provide food stamps, some people will quit eating and hurt our farming industry. If we don't provide free college, people will never get a good paying job and end up on welfare. Yada, yada, yada, yada.

*** In this particular instance, the left doesn't' care about foreign kids coming here to learn, they care about getting them into the country, just like the illegals. Visa overstays are a huge problem when it comes to our immigration situation, and the Democrats know this all too well. So like I said, it's a straw man argument that our economy will suffer without them. We'll be just fine.

*** From your last paragraph. That is totally HOGWASH. An opinion from you as a truck driver? TRUCK DIVER?

1. Foreign students are from rich families that has nothing to do with over stay visas. The over stay visas you are babbling are the tourist. If they graduated with masters what good does it do if they can’t get a job?

2. illegals and student visas are 2 different categories. I’m sure you don’t know the differences.

3. Are you saying that only the left are making money or letting these students comes to America and study? Only the left? Are you really this ignorant?

4. Right now America needs all the money that they can pumps to our economy....... Apparently you are so ignorant that you don’t even know the impact of these millions foreign students to our economy.

Just one of the hundreds where they pump money to our economy. They leases cars. Just imagine how much they spent in leasing cars?

Any link to your claim that student Visa overstays don't happen? My source (The DHS) says student and exchange visitors are the highest percentage of Visa overstays.

The difference between illegals and Visa overstays is that the illegals are people who came here without our permission. The Visa people came here with our permission, but became illegal once their Visa expired. Therefore, at that point, they are all illegal.

Where did I say only the left makes money? Can you provide the quote. I reread everything I wrote before your comment, and I can't seem to find it. I never mentioned anything about money.

And another EO, that makes no sense. Is it because Trump is impotent to affect the opening of public schools under local control? Wants to destroy higher education? Is pissed at Harvard? This new order contradicts previous policy regarding Covid....what a mess.

Many U.S. colleges were scrambling on Tuesday to modify plans for the fall semester in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic a day after the Trump administration issued an order that could force tens of thousands of foreign students to leave the country if their schools hold all classes online.
The announcement blindsided academic institutions grappling with the logistical challenges of safely resuming classes, particularly after the federal government had granted exceptions to the rules limiting online learning for foreign students when colleges and universities in March rushed to shutter campuses and move to online classes as the pandemic forced lockdowns.

There are more than a million foreign students at U.S. colleges and universities, and many schools depend on revenue from foreign students, who often pay full tuition.
The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency said institutions moving entirely to online learning must submit plans to the agency by July 15. Schools that will use only in-person learning, shortened or delayed classes, or a blend of in-person and online learning must submit plans by Aug. 1.
With the examples of higher education now being antifa running around destroying shit, you may want another example.
Oh brother. What stupid comparison. Examples of higher education: businessmen, scientists, teachers public and private, doctors, etc etc. But the only thing you think of is a small group of thugs given disproportio ate attention by the rightwing.
They are tearing down anything and everything they don't like
They threaten others and defending yourself gets you arrested.
Pelosi says "oh people do what they do"

And none of this bothers you. Just a small group of thugs...

Bullshit.

Everything Trump touches turns to shit. We have three years of evidence of this as President, and decades as a businessman in NYC to further validate this, but his cult remains oblivious, wearing blinders to his history of ineptitude. You knew he would target education with his choice of DeVoss, and now he is going after how these colleges are profitable.

Trump University anyone?

Yes, everything Trump touches turns to shit. Our economy turned to shit before the worldwide virus, our record low unemployment for every minority group in the US turned to shit before the virus, our border turned to shit and still is, our consumer confidence in June turned to shit, our stock market turned to shit in spite of a pandemic never seen before by most any living human on the planet, and our trade agreements turned to shit.

Let's all hope and pray for more shit in our future.

If your economy wasn't shit before the virus, why have the working men and women of America twice voted for "hope and change" and "make America great again". Clearly the PEOPLE think there is something seriously wrong with the way they're being left out of the wealth and the prosperity they are working to create.

From this article. I've bolded the most relevant portions:

With a GDP per capita of $53,632 and an unemployment rate of 4.4%, the U.S. economy appears healthy. But the benefits of a strong economy are not evenly enjoyed by all Americans. Of the 325.1 million Americans, an estimated 17.8% live below the poverty line. U.S. taxes and transfers do a relatively poor job of leveling out the economic playing field. While most nations' Gini coefficients decline by more than 30% after taxes and transfers, the U.S. Gini coefficient declines by only about 23%.

What good is a system that gives 80% of the wealth of the nation to only 10% of the people. Even worse, they're the most UNPRODUCTIVE citizens you've got. Only 37% of the wealthiest Americans actually work. That means that 63% of the wealthiest Americans are living off the labour of the other 90%.

What good is a job that doesn't pay enough money to live on? Only 69% of American private sector jobs include health insurance and yet Americans are dependent on employer based health insurance for coverage.

The US economy has been in trouble since 1980, and the Republicans changed the economic policy of the US government from the New Deal which benefitted ALL Americans, to "Reaganomics", which has transferred 80% of the wealth of the nation, to the top 10%.

It is time to balance the playing field, and have the wealthy pay fair wages, and higher taxes.

Strawman.

Of course they can, but tech availability is not always there.

That could be the case, but I doubt an entire country is incapable from getting online. Let their government provide that technology. After all, if we are going to provide education for their people, giving them a facility to get online is the least they can do.

I'm sorry, but we can't solve everybody's problems around the world.
You make it sound like they are going to college here for free. Have you considered exactly how much money this would be kicking out of our economy?

Yes, the left has used that straw man repeatedly as I explained to Coyote. If we don't provide illegals with licenses, they will drive without licenses making them more dangerous to the rest of us. If we don't increase the national minimum wage, our welfare will never go down. If we provide socialized healthcare, our businesses would flourish because they would have so much more money to pay their workers. If we get rid of illegals, the price of our tomatoes will skyrocket, and our economy suffer because they buy things too. If we don't provide food stamps, some people will quit eating and hurt our farming industry. If we don't provide free college, people will never get a good paying job and end up on welfare. Yada, yada, yada, yada.

*** In this particular instance, the left doesn't' care about foreign kids coming here to learn, they care about getting them into the country, just like the illegals. Visa overstays are a huge problem when it comes to our immigration situation, and the Democrats know this all too well. So like I said, it's a straw man argument that our economy will suffer without them. We'll be just fine.

*** From your last paragraph. That is totally HOGWASH. An opinion from you as a truck driver? TRUCK DIVER?

1. Foreign students are from rich families that has nothing to do with over stay visas. The over stay visas you are babbling are the tourist. If they graduated with masters what good does it do if they can’t get a job?

2. illegals and student visas are 2 different categories. I’m sure you don’t know the differences.

3. Are you saying that only the left are making money or letting these students comes to America and study? Only the left? Are you really this ignorant?

4. Right now America needs all the money that they can pumps to our economy....... Apparently you are so ignorant that you don’t even know the impact of these millions foreign students to our economy.

Just one of the hundreds where they pump money to our economy. They leases cars. Just imagine how much they spent in leasing cars?

Any link to your claim that student Visa overstays don't happen? My source (The DHS) says student and exchange visitors are the highest percentage of Visa overstays.

The difference between illegals and Visa overstays is that the illegals are people who came here without our permission. The Visa people came here with our permission, but became illegal once their Visa expired. Therefore, at that point, they are all illegal.

Where did I say only the left makes money? Can you provide the quote. I reread everything I wrote before your comment, and I can't seem to find it. I never mentioned anything about money.

Well at least the student visa overstays aren't people who are broke, uneducated, and without resources. They have the very best education that money can buy, and they paid cash for it. They're smart, motivated, well connected, and wealthy. And these are people that the USA has absolutely no fiscal investment in at all since they paid full freight for their own education.

Well, it seems entire online classes for immigrants would have got them kicked out anyways because there was a limit on them. Obviously, if all were online, they woukd exceed the limit.

Try looking at this another way, Harley. What is the point of expelling the foreign students? What does it benefit the USA if these students sent are home? Is there a valid reason for this or is this just another random act of cruelty by this administration.

What this does is harm these for-profit universities and the American economy. These students are paying top dollar to come to American universities, plus room, board, and living expenses, adding to the local economies. Their tuition helps subsidize scholarships for American students, and provides jobs for the restaurants, bars, and service industry that caters to the students.
If they are all online, they can do it from home

If your economy wasn't shit before the virus, why have the working men and women of America twice voted for "hope and change" and "make America great again". Clearly the PEOPLE think there is something seriously wrong with the way they're being left out of the wealth and the prosperity they are working to create.

Who's left out? Virtually any American can get an advanced education. Virtually any American can start their own business. Any American can make investments in the stock market, in the commodities market, in real estate, in the bond market.........

The people who are left out left themselves out. Nobody is going to be knocking at your door offering you a 250K a year job inspecting parts or stocking shelves. If you are a blue-collar worker, you're never going to get rich that way, and likely not self-reliant either. You have to do more--much more.

What good is a system that gives 80% of the wealth of the nation to only 10% of the people. Even worse, they're the most UNPRODUCTIVE citizens you've got. Only 37% of the wealthiest Americans actually work. That means that 63% of the wealthiest Americans are living off the labour of the other 90%.

What good is a job that doesn't pay enough money to live on? Only 69% of American private sector jobs include health insurance and yet Americans are dependent on employer based health insurance for coverage.

The US economy has been in trouble since 1980, and the Republicans changed the economic policy of the US government from the New Deal which benefitted ALL Americans, to "Reaganomics", which has transferred 80% of the wealth of the nation, to the top 10%.

It is time to balance the playing field, and have the wealthy pay fair wages, and higher taxes.

Nobody gives anybody anything, except to people on welfare. People who make a lot of money earn that money just like you and I did. They may have not done it with a shovel or a mop, but that doesn't mean they didn't work for it.

I've seen companies ran into the ground by the owner passing away, and giving the company to his silver spoon children. They didn't know how to run the operation because when the old man was trying to teach them, they were playing with their iPhone and not paying attention. Anybody that thinks a company runs by itself with no leadership is ignorant about businesses. Even more so when people think that only blue-collar people do all the work.

You claim that 69% of people rely on their employers healthcare coverage? What happened to Commie Care? You know, anybody that likes their doctor can keep their doctor? Do you know what the first letter of the ACA stands for? You see, we mistakenly elected a guy who claimed to have the solutions to all our healthcare problems. What happened!!!!! If Obama Care was so affordable and great, why are employers still providing all this coverage?

Reagan was one President, who presided with a Democrat led Congress all the way. The President has limited powers on what he can do or change. The next President and Congress can reverse everything a previous President and Congress did. When Republicans had total leadership, they reversed much of the damage Hussein did to our country. How many policies of Reagan did Bill Clinton reverse? How many policies of Reagan did Hussein reverse.

What a person earns is their sole responsibility, not the employers. The employer only pays what stated labor is worth. If you want to earn more money, then do work that pays better money. Take up a trade, learn a career, take a chance and go to trade school. Heck, my former profession is still begging people to work that they can't find in this country, and even then, what kind of money you make is based on how good of a job you do and who you sign up with.

Strawman.

1. We here in US cannot get our act together. We are out of control handling this virus because of very poor leadership by incompetent Trump. Most foreign countries are getting better ( except Brazil ) handling this Covid-19 world wide. But US is going the wrong directions because of Trump. European countries are opening their borders except to Americans going to Europe because of Trump. That’s how bad is our country.

2. What do you mean letting more students coming in? We are talking about foreign students that Trump wants to deport? Not the students coming in. Before Covid-19 universities are loosing $ billions in last 2 years because of Trump.

Let them lose billions. Who cares? Your article is BS because we have American kids dying to get into some of these colleges. When they start closing because they can't get foreigners in here, then let's talk. Oh, and just who did this evaluation? NAFSA: Association of International Educators, an international association of professional educators. Gee, no bias there I would suspect. And who is reporting this discovery? That's right, the Communist News Network. Such a believable group of people.

From you. Let them lose billions? Are you really this stupid and ignorant?

1. We are talking about Americans businesses that relied heavily on foreign students. You and Trump destroyed this country big time and I pray to god that people like you and Trump will suffer the consequences after November 3 election. You are a loser.

2. From you...... We have American kids dying kids to get into these colleges. Since when a universities or colleges are overcrowded that they refused American kids? That is if they qualify. Millions of American kids are taking worthless courses. You are a loser.

3. NAFSA just because it’s against Trump it’s a communist. Anything against Trump is fake news. That’s pure BULLSHIT. Trump played golf the other day at the same time your lousy traitor Dude blamed Obama for playing more golf. CNN broadcast the news of his lies and stupidity. Then this TRAITOR president attacked CNN as fake news. That is so silly and dumb. You are a loser.

458,000 jobs that could go to American students. You would have them sitting in a room on the same laptop they would be using in their home country.

Democrats are only interested in replacing the population of Americans. That's IT.

The 458,000 jobs are Americans. The only way you get that 458,000 jobs because of $ invested by these foreign students. Just imagine how many millions of these foreign students renting apartments, condos or houses or leasing cars..... . You are CLUELESS and LOSER. .

The 458,000 jobs are Americans. The only way you get that 458,000 jobs because of $ invested by these foreign students. Just imagine how many millions of these foreign students renting apartments, condos or houses or leasing cars..... . You are CLUELESS and LOSER. .
You really think all those foreign students are rich? No they are in on campus student housing working as baristas in the local coffee shop

Rif

Strawman.

Right this seconds millions and millions of Americans that are struggling to pay the rents and millions of jobs loses and businesses that closes because of Trump ineptness.

According to our previous debate you manage some rental properties. If you have these tenants that can’t pay rents at the same time you have these foreign students that are paying rents. And you are going to deport these students just because a stupid and liar president told you?

You really think all those foreign students are rich? No they are in on campus student housing working as baristas in the local coffee shop

What is wrong with that? You are forgetting they rent apartments, condos, houses. Pay for furnitures, tv, kitchen Utensils, WiFi, lease cars, gas, foods, IPhone, clothings, shoes, make ups, fashionable handbags etc etc etc etc.. Like I previously said you are clueless.

You are destroying American lives. Why are you anti Americans?

Rif

Strawman.

Right this seconds millions and millions of Americans that are struggling to pay the rents and millions of jobs loses and businesses that closes because of Trump ineptness.

According to our previous debate you manage some rental properties. If you have these tenants that can’t pay rents at the same time you have these foreign students that are paying rents. And you are going to deport these students just because a stupid and liar president told you?

Landlords don't deport people.

Strawman.

From you. Let them lose billions? Are you really this stupid and ignorant?

1. We are talking about Americans businesses that relied heavily on foreign students. You and Trump destroyed this country big time and I pray to god that people like you and Trump will suffer the consequences after November 3 election. You are a loser.

2. From you...... We have American kids dying kids to get into these colleges. Since when a universities or colleges are overcrowded that they refused American kids? That is if they qualify. Millions of American kids are taking worthless courses. You are a loser.

3. NAFSA just because it’s against Trump it’s a communist. Anything against Trump is fake news. That’s pure BULLSHIT. Trump played golf the other day at the same time your lousy traitor Dude blamed Obama for playing more golf. CNN broadcast the news of his lies and stupidity. Then this TRAITOR president attacked CNN as fake news. That is so silly and dumb. You are a loser.

Gee, couldn't you use the word "loser" a few more times? Like I've always said, you people on the left have the mentality of children. Plus your comprehension skills are lacking. I didn't say the NAFSA was Communist, I called the reporting station Communist. I know what CNN says. Laura Ingraham uses their clips on her show every single night, and usually over a half-dozen per episode.

Do you understand how colleges became so expensive? It's an economic theory called supply and demand. Back in the 70's when I was in high school, perhaps out of a class of 30, maybe 5 to 8 students went to college, and even though expensive, still affordable, plus in most cases, the person wouldn't have to make loan re-payments into his or her mid 30's or later.

My nephew is in his early 30's. He got a Masters. He had a job waiting for him at graduation, in fact, worked it part time while attending school. Both his parents took out loans for that education on top of the loans he took. He got married, divorced, and moved back in with his mother for the sole purpose of paying those loans off to continue his life.

The point is that colleges can charge what they do because they have a long list, and the elite colleges? A mile long. Bottom line is that no college is going to suffer over this. Plus the fact our President didn't force colleges to go virtual, they did so themselves. In fact, our President is trying to encourage them TO open.

A bit dated, but it's from the far left NYT, and because it's six years old, they won't ask for any money or membership.

Oops, sorry about that, I thought I put the link in there: https://www.usnews.com/news/top-new...ble-after-new-trump-order-on-foreign-students

Yes, there is a limit and the rules are clear on that, but exceptions, like many being made in other areas, can be made for the epidemic. What harm does that do?

These foreign students have a large contingent of spies embedded in them. No in-class instruction? No need to be here.

And another EO, that makes no sense. Is it because Trump is impotent to affect the opening of public schools under local control? Wants to destroy higher education? Is pissed at Harvard? This new order contradicts previous policy regarding Covid....what a mess.

Many U.S. colleges were scrambling on Tuesday to modify plans for the fall semester in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic a day after the Trump administration issued an order that could force tens of thousands of foreign students to leave the country if their schools hold all classes online.
The announcement blindsided academic institutions grappling with the logistical challenges of safely resuming classes, particularly after the federal government had granted exceptions to the rules limiting online learning for foreign students when colleges and universities in March rushed to shutter campuses and move to online classes as the pandemic forced lockdowns.

There are more than a million foreign students at U.S. colleges and universities, and many schools depend on revenue from foreign students, who often pay full tuition.
The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency said institutions moving entirely to online learning must submit plans to the agency by July 15. Schools that will use only in-person learning, shortened or delayed classes, or a blend of in-person and online learning must submit plans by Aug. 1.
You have not disclosed one problem in this OP, none

The higher education puppy mills will lose a huge sum of money if education goes online

in fact the schools could get by with half the staff they have now

imagine a Feminist and Black Studies professor getting canned and having to find a real job

I encourage trump change his approach and support internet teaching
Online courses can be problematic. There is something to be said for live interaction among students and students and faculty. Most schools are attempting blended models. Lot of discussion going on, and regardless, the face of education is going to change.

This virus led the way.

Over half of my property taxes go to support our local public schools. I (nor any of my tenants) ever had kids in the school system, yet we have to pay for it.

Yes, the cost of these schools are high, in the thousands a year for me. But what do those costs include besides teachers? The buildings. The buildings that use heat, air conditioning, maintenance. Then there are busses. You have to pay the drivers, the gasoline, insurance, and so on.

Think how much money taxpayers could save through education online. Close down and sell the schools. No more busses because there is no place to send the kids to. Given the fact that the average educational cost per capita is about 12-15K a year, it would be more cost effective to provide those poorer kids with internet access and a computer.

Buses do not use gasoline and haven't for decades.

On-line learning does not work for all kids. It is a poor excuse for actual instruction.

Forum List

Back