U.S. colleges scramble after new Trump order on foreign students

What is your conclusion?
That liberals indoctrinate everywhere but the places you mention have stronger cultural values and are not so easily led astray

nevertheless even there a fair number are affected if they attend higher education

No, they do not indoctrinate everywhere. You have several teachers and former teachers on this message board who have repeatedly tried to overcome the talking points that education bashers repeat ad nauseum. Please tell me how I can indoctrinate someone teaching algebra, or language arts, consumer science, or PE? In history, it would be easy, but our textbooks were based on the editions approved by Texas and we know how liberal that state is!

You repeat the same lies over and over again so much I think you have a strong liberal streak yourself. Why is it so hard for you to learn the truth?

I don't know about schools today because it's been a very long time since I've been in one. However when I was in school, we had a very tenured English teacher that seldom taught any English. His main focus was on social and political issues. Even way back then, he could be considered a leftist by todays standards. We had a math teacher that used to grade us by playing games, not associated with anything math. He was repeatedly accused of sitting young girls in the front row and looking up their skirts while taking tests or studying. His retaliation was to allow students to place their desks anywhere and in any direction they desired. HIs classroom looked like a bomb went off in it.

I'm sure (or in hope) things are different today. But when people talk about events that do happen in public school, I can only reflect to my experiences as a child. I'm sure it happens, but it's here and there, and not most places.....again, I hope.

Please tell me how I can indoctrinate someone teaching algebra, or language arts, consumer science, or PE?
I cant comment on any individual teacher other than the examples who make nationsl headlines from time to time

such as these teachers:

mostly the indoctrination flies under the radar

but the results are easy to spot in the young adults tearing down statues around the country

The higher education puppy mills will lose a huge sum of money if education goes online

in fact the schools could get by with half the staff they have now

imagine a Feminist and Black Studies professor getting canned and having to find a real job

I encourage trump change his approach and support internet teaching
Online courses can be problematic. There is something to be said for live interaction among students and students and faculty. Most schools are attempting blended models. Lot of discussion going on, and regardless, the face of education is going to change.

This virus led the way.

Over half of my property taxes go to support our local public schools. I (nor any of my tenants) ever had kids in the school system, yet we have to pay for it.

Yes, the cost of these schools are high, in the thousands a year for me. But what do those costs include besides teachers? The buildings. The buildings that use heat, air conditioning, maintenance. Then there are busses. You have to pay the drivers, the gasoline, insurance, and so on.

Think how much money taxpayers could save through education online. Close down and sell the schools. No more busses because there is no place to send the kids to. Given the fact that the average educational cost per capita is about 12-15K a year, it would be more cost effective to provide those poorer kids with internet access and a computer.
Fuck social skills right?
Conflict management?
Public speaking?
Group dynamics?
Basic independence?
And all the other skills that come with group interaction and leaving the nest?

Conflict management?
Public speaking?
Group dynamics?
Basic independence?
We see the lib social skills on action as the rioters tear down statues and set police cars on fire

I think the commie public teachers brainwashed them a tad too much

The higher education puppy mills will lose a huge sum of money if education goes online

imagine a Feminist and Black Studies professor getting canned and having to find a real job

Online courses can be problematic. There is something to be said for live interaction among students and students and faculty. Most schools are attempting blended models. Lot of discussion going on, and regardless, the face of education is going to change.

This virus led the way.

Over half of my property taxes go to support our local public schools. I (nor any of my tenants) ever had kids in the school system, yet we have to pay for it.

Yes, the cost of these schools are high, in the thousands a year for me. But what do those costs include besides teachers? The buildings. The buildings that use heat, air conditioning, maintenance. Then there are busses. You have to pay the drivers, the gasoline, insurance, and so on.

Think how much money taxpayers could save through education online. Close down and sell the schools. No more busses because there is no place to send the kids to. Given the fact that the average educational cost per capita is about 12-15K a year, it would be more cost effective to provide those poorer kids with internet access and a computer.
Conflict management?
Public speaking?
Group dynamics?
Basic independence?

Well........we have kids who are home schooled, and they do just fine. A close friend and former coworker of mine had his wife home school their kids. He worked two jobs so she could, but it was successful. Two are in college today, probably learning those skills and interactions with other students you mentioned. They made the decision of home schooling when one of their children came home from school with lice. On top of other problems, that was the last straw.

One of my tenants home schools their children as well. Wonderful kids. It's seldom you see the 15 year old outside without a book in her hands, even in the middle of summer when they're on break. I must admit they are a little coy, but that could just be me, because I'm the landlord, and perhaps a little afraid of me. As for human interaction, they are very social on the weekend. Religious people that dress up every Sunday to attend church, and their church has social functions they always participate in as a family.

Please tell me how I can indoctrinate someone teaching algebra, or language arts, consumer science, or PE?
I cant comment on any individual teacher other than the examples who make nationsl headlines from time to time

such as these teachers:

mostly the indoctrination flies under the radar

but the results are easy to spot in the young adults tearing down statues around the country

Plus even anecdotal situations are still a piece of the puzzle.

We know colleges are heavily left, we know Hollywood is nearly all left, we know all the major social media is left, we know all non-cable network news is left, we know most of the major newspaper companies are left, now sports and music are going left, although they've always been, but more vocal about it today. Just about everything is left except AM radio and one news outlet on cable, and they complain because we have that.

Leftism is not just about one source or what age the indoctrination takes place. When you're surrounded by it from every direction, that's where the problem is.

This virus led the way.

Conflict management?
Public speaking?
Group dynamics?
Basic independence?

Well........we have kids who are home schooled, and they do just fine. A close friend and former coworker of mine had his wife home school their kids. He worked two jobs so she could, but it was successful. Two are in college today, probably learning those skills and interactions with other students you mentioned. They made the decision of home schooling when one of their children came home from school with lice. On top of other problems, that was the last straw.

One of my tenants home schools their children as well. Wonderful kids. It's seldom you see the 15 year old outside without a book in her hands, even in the middle of summer when they're on break. I must admit they are a little coy, but that could just be me, because I'm the landlord, and perhaps a little afraid of me. As for human interaction, they are very social on the weekend. Religious people that dress up every Sunday to attend church, and their church has social functions they always participate in as a family.
Liberals are embracing not opening the schools because trump wants them open

and here is where I disagree with trump

shut the public schools down because they are just cesspools of liberal propaganda brainwashing

the fire half the teachers and administrators

This virus led the way.

Conflict management?
Public speaking?
Group dynamics?
Basic independence?

shut the public schools down because they are just cesspools of liberal propaganda brainwashing

I guarantee you not one teacher will lose a paycheck whether they work or not. I haven't heard a position by the teachers union over this. When this started, I expected them to fully reject the idea given the fact that classrooms have limited size, but the internet doesn't. You need one teacher for each classroom of 20 or 25 students, but on the internet, a teacher can teach hundreds of people all at the same time and of course, that would mean we would need many less teachers.

There is another danger for teachers too. If this does work out and people like it, some mothers may decide to look into home schooling when this is all over. Much of home schooling is done over the internet anyhow.

Time will tell I guess. We are in a changing world.

This virus led the way.

Conflict management?
Public speaking?
Group dynamics?
Basic independence?

I guarantee you not one teacher will lose a paycheck whether they work or not. I haven't heard a position by the teachers union over this. When this started, I expected them to fully reject the idea given the fact that classrooms have limited size, but the internet doesn't. You need one teacher for each classroom of 20 or 25 students, but on the internet, a teacher can teach hundreds of people all at the same time and of course, that would mean we would need many less teachers.

There is another danger for teachers too. If this does work out and people like it, some mothers may decide to look into home schooling when this is all over. Much of home schooling is done over the internet anyhow.

Where do you get the stupid idea that teachers only teach? Somebody has to make up the instruction, produce it on-line, and grade the results. You cannot do that while teaching and you cannot do it for hundreds of kids. You think that teachers just stand in front of the class and teach, when that actually is about 10% of the time.

This virus led the way.

Conflict management?
Public speaking?
Group dynamics?
Basic independence?

Where do you get the stupid idea that teachers only teach? Somebody has to make up the instruction, produce it on-line, and grade the results. You cannot do that while teaching and you cannot do it for hundreds of kids. You think that teachers just stand in front of the class and teach, when that actually is about 10% of the time.

I don't know what happens in classrooms today because I've never had kids, and of course, no grandkids. When I was in school, teachers teaching was about 80% of their job. Yes, they have to create the tests and curriculum and so forth, but in many cases it repeated year after year.

What I do know something about is home schooling. I have a lifelong friend home school his kids. He had to work two jobs to pull that off and support a family of five. He told me it was mostly internet. Same with my tenants who do the same. She has meetings here to update other home schooling parents on the latest trends, technology, and upcoming technology. It's a help that her husband is an IT guy.

We live in a changing world.

You think that teachers just stand in front of the class and teach, when that actually is about 10% of the time.
I dont know the exact numbers but one teacher for every 20-25 students is not required for distance learning

what will be difficult for the education monopoly is providing 1 to 3 free meals a day to the kiddies

and there are the school sports that could lead a few lucky kids to be rickshaw drivers or millionaire basketball players for an exclusive chinese audience

so in classroom learning is vital to the lib educators

can you say “Long Live The Memory Of Our Beloved Chairman Mao and President Xi?”

dont worry

even if they cant write their name in English they will learn to say that in Mandarin

There are too many foreign students in the USA. Trump should crack down on student visas from hostile countries like China.

And the foreign students who are here should not be able to take STEM classes. STEM classes should be reserved for American students.

Why?

Higher Ed is a product, and we have a lot of international students who want it.
Americans should have first shot at STATE sponsored schools.

Private institutions can burn in hell for all I care.

You think that teachers just stand in front of the class and teach, when that actually is about 10% of the time.
I dont know the exact numbers but one teacher for every 20-25 students is not required for distance learning

what will be difficult for the education monopoly is providing 1 to 3 free meals a day to the kiddies

and there are the school sports that could lead a few lucky kids to be rickshaw drivers or millionaire basketball players for an exclusive chinese audience

so in classroom learning is vital to the lib educators

can you say “Long Live The Memory Of Our Beloved Chairman Mao and President Xi?”

dont worry

even if they cant write their name in English they will learn to say that in Mandarin

Ever taught class for 7 hours. got home. planned the next days lesson and the spend 3 hours grading homework? That was a typical day for me, and for 5 years, I went to class 3-4 hours each night taking college classes.

And another EO, that makes no sense. Is it because Trump is impotent to affect the opening of public schools under local control? Wants to destroy higher education? Is pissed at Harvard? This new order contradicts previous policy regarding Covid....what a mess.

Many U.S. colleges were scrambling on Tuesday to modify plans for the fall semester in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic a day after the Trump administration issued an order that could force tens of thousands of foreign students to leave the country if their schools hold all classes online.
The announcement blindsided academic institutions grappling with the logistical challenges of safely resuming classes, particularly after the federal government had granted exceptions to the rules limiting online learning for foreign students when colleges and universities in March rushed to shutter campuses and move to online classes as the pandemic forced lockdowns.

There are more than a million foreign students at U.S. colleges and universities, and many schools depend on revenue from foreign students, who often pay full tuition.
The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency said institutions moving entirely to online learning must submit plans to the agency by July 15. Schools that will use only in-person learning, shortened or delayed classes, or a blend of in-person and online learning must submit plans by Aug. 1.

This is Trump appealing to his racist base. That is all we need to know,

Well.......a court in Boston stopped Trump from kicking these people out that shouldn't be here in the first place. So it seems they had to rescind it for right now.

Forum List

Back