U-Haul's Top 5 and bottom 5

AMart

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2020
Growth states are calculated by the net gain of one-way U-Haul trucks entering a state versus leaving that state in a calendar year. Migration trends data is compiled from more than 2 million one-way U-Haul truck customer transactions that occur annually.
2020: STATES RANKED BY MIGRATION GROWTH
* Previous year’s rankings in parentheses

1.Tennessee (12)
2.Texas (2)
3.Florida (1)
4.Ohio (7)
5.Arizona (20)

Bottom 5

46.Maryland (45)
47.Massachusetts (47)
48.New Jersey (44)
49.Illinois (50)
50.California (49)

Tell me a time in human history when migration has not occurred..
That is because a good percentage are being forced to by the harsh tax levels. Unfortunately as we all know, the people moving in by to high of a percentage vote in the same stuff that caused them to leave. They live for the now. Instead of posterity.

Incorrect. Regardless, the U-haul data is quite telling to those of us who understand such things in context.
Only the poor people without much to haul, use U-Haul and do all of the work themselves. Then there's Penske-Ryder, for the other half of the downtrodden.

I agree that more people are moving out of CA, than are moving there ATT. But U-Haul data in, or out of context, is meaningless for proving that point.

Only the poor people without much to haul, use U-Haul and do all of the work themselves. Then there's Penske-Ryder, for the other half of the downtrodden.

I agree that more people are moving out of CA, than are moving there ATT. But U-Haul data in, or out of context, is meaningless for proving that point.
The data exists and is indicative of a trend, nothing more, nothing less.

Opinion: As Elon Musk and Oracle Depart, Is California Losing Its Business Mojo?

"We may have reached a tipping point in which the disadvantages of doing business in California outweigh the advantages. We should remember what happened to Detroit, which was the Silicon Valley of its day a century ago, but took its prosperity for granted and paid a heavy financial and social price for its complacency."

“Anyone who doesn’t believe that this latest departure isn’t a threat to California’s economy is a business climate denier,”

Opinion: As Elon Musk and Oracle Depart, Is California Losing Its Business Mojo? - Times of San Diego

Tell me a time in human history when migration has not occurred..

Wow, way to miss the point, man! Does it bother you that Americans are desperate to get out of places run by people like you?
There are no people like me running places. That is yer fantasy trying to say that people moving is a bad thing...Did you bitch when it has happened before?

Incorrect. Regardless, the U-haul data is quite telling to those of us who understand such things in context.

Do you know what it costs to hire movers, especially to another state? Younger people still move themselves but older people are likely to sell everything where they live and buy everything new for the new home.

Forum List

Back