Tyson versus Paul

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
I hardly know what to think.
Paul looks to be pretty ferocious but he's facing one of the most dangerous beasts to ever put on a pair of gloves. Even at 57 he's a dangerous man.

Jo

Last edited:
57 Year olds shouldn't be fighting. Win or lose, it's his life, but even if he wins, it will take a toll on him unless its a one or two round K.O
Kamehameha was in his fifties when he rolled over the two ton stone.

Both of my sons box and they both say Paul is going to win.

You should educate him on the politics and corruption of boxing.

I saw Tyson in his 30s get lose easily to guys who were not even ranked probably top 15 or 20. I don't know if this Paul guy can box, but if he is in good shape for his age, he should win this at least by decision.

Very few 57 years old will have the stamina to last a full 10 round boxing match against a guy half his age. Foreman was unique in that he had heavy mitts and large mass at an older age. THe later the rounds roll though, his chances decrease exponentially. THAT is when it can get dangerous for a man his age.

Paul cant take the shots Tyson can still throw .. if the fight is real and not predetermined Paul may have trouble .. Tyson is an expert at cutting off the ring and is an up close inside fighter .. Pauls only chance is to stay away if the fight is real ... if he tries to clinch or get in close to Tyson he's going to get hurt .. at 58 Tyson will beat Paul in 4 rounds or less .. Paul has only fought one real boxer [Fury] who's not known as a power puncher and lost ... he has never faced anyone with the power of Tyson ..

Paul cant take the shots Tyson can still throw .. if the fight is real and not predetermined Paul may have trouble .. Tyson is an expert at cutting off the ring and is an up close inside fighter .. Pauls only chance is to stay away if the fight is real ... if he tries to clinch or get in close to Tyson he's going to get hurt .. at 58 Tyson will beat Paul in 4 rounds or less .. Paul has only fought one real boxer [Fury] who's not known as a power puncher and lost ... he has never faced anyone with the power of Tyson ..

I'm rooting for Tyson but Tyson no longer has the power of Tyson.

I'm rooting for Tyson but Tyson no longer has the power of Tyson.
he's got enough for Paul ... Paul keeps claiming he's a serious fighter and wants to be a champion ... however he would be quickly destroyed by most decent pro boxers in his weight class .

It's a no win for Paul.

By the time they climb into the ring, Tyson will be 58.

So, Paul either beats a man 31 years his senior, or Paul loses to a man 31 years his senior.

Pulling for Tyson, but yeah. Hes going to get real tired real quick. He better end it quick or fight the smartest fight of his life.

Before betting on these types of event check the rematch clauses .
Three lots of profit are better than one if the promoters and fighters play their cards right .

I hardly know what to think.
Paul looks to be pretty ferocious but he's facing one of the most dangerous beasts to ever put on a pair of gloves. Even at 57 he's a dangerous man.

Jo

Fact is that Paul is not a credible professional fighter. He's a social media creation.

He's never even competed at a high level of amateur boxing, and he has never even faced a noteworthy professional fringe title contender, let alone a former professional world champion.

All of his total of 10 prior boxing matches except for 1, have been against similar so called "fighters".

One against a former UFC competitor and another against a former NBA player, and the one opponent that he faced who actually had some genuine ring experience resulted in Paul losing.

While it is absolutely a fact, that Tyson is of a highly advanced age to be stepping into a ring for a professional fight, he has still likely retained one asset that was the hallmark of his storied championship level career, and that is his punching power.

As fighters age, typically the first attributes that they lose are stamina, mobility and speed, however even a slower, less mobile Tyson is likely more dangerous than anyone that Paul has ever faced, and the reason is that the LAST thing that an old fighter loses is his punching power.

Since the fight is going to feature 2 minute rounds versus 3 minute rounds, that could weigh in Tysons favor, as far as endurance.

If Tyson lands even one of his trademark power punches on Paul, it could become very interesting to see how Paul reacts to being hit by someone who was actually a REAL fighter, and knocked out 79% of all of his opponents.

JMO

Last edited:

Forum List

Back