Tyre Nichols body cam footage

So with the exception of fighting with the suspect, I don't understand what people are to expect from our officers when they get an unruly suspect.

Simple. Don’t beat him to death.

Agreed. This is why a lot of folks on the left, want to leave these sorts of confrontations up to units composed of social workers, or units that have more special training.

I somehow have this impression, that Ray would just like to have a law passed, where anyone found out in public, that is suspected of being too high to be rational, and a danger to themselves and society, be immediately, and w/o prejudice, summarily executed without a trial, on the spot.

I didn't see the whole video, but come on. Five against one? They could have restrained him.

There is an article out there about this unit; they're cleaning up a really bad neighborhood, and have been very successful at it. That is the reason they're being sniveled about now; all the gangbangers' relatives are crying about the hit to their dope money and stealing were taking most likely. We'll be hearing a lot more about 'poor lil Tyrone' as the weeks go by.

Last edited:
If anything, they need more funding along with more accountability.
79365t.jpg

Scorpion-led operations promoted on the police department’s Facebook page provide a glimpse into its work: arrests that begin with traffic stops, escalate into more serious confrontations and end with arrests of people for drugs and guns. The unit also busted an alleged stolen car chop shop after having tracked a stolen car, searched the scene of a burglary and found drugs and guns, and it took a suspected carjacker into custody.
snip
Such units did not have enough senior staff members training the new officers, he said, adding that that was concerning to him.
snip
“Rookies were getting put on specialized units where they had no business being,” he said.
snip
“The way they move in unmarked cars, looking like regular guys, bumping to rap music, they got on hoodies, they’re really looking the part, like they’re a part of the community, but they’re police,” Franklin said. “Then someone maybe slips up, smokes weed or doesn’t have their seat belt on or a headlight is out, and they jump out and stop them and want to go through their car.”

Only after the officers got out of their cars would people see “SCORPION” on the backs of their vests.

Last edited:
How many watched it all the way through?
I did not watch the video

Why bother?

Clearly this another case of the Black Brain Disease triggering an overreaction by police

Sorry for you that you can't claim racism for a twofer

Scorpion-led operations promoted on the police department’s Facebook page provide a glimpse into its work: arrests that begin with traffic stops, escalate into more serious confrontations and end with arrests of people for drugs and guns. The unit also busted an alleged stolen car chop shop after having tracked a stolen car, searched the scene of a burglary and found drugs and guns, and it took a suspected carjacker into custody.
snip
Such units did not have enough senior staff members training the new officers, he said, adding that that was concerning to him.
snip
“Rookies were getting put on specialized units where they had no business being,” he said.
snip
“The way they move in unmarked cars, looking like regular guys, bumping to rap music, they got on hoodies, they’re really looking the part, like they’re a part of the community, but they’re police,” Franklin said. “Then someone maybe slips up, smokes weed or doesn’t have their seat belt on or a headlight is out, and they jump out and stop them and want to go through their car.”

Only after the officers got out of their cars would people see “SCORPION” on the backs of their vests.
The black guy was stupid to resist arrest

There is an article out there about this unit; they're cleaning up a really bad neighborhood, and have been very successful at it. That is the reason they're being sniveled about now; all the gangbangers' relatives are crying about the hit to their dope money and stealing were taking most likely. We'll be hearing a lot more about 'poor lil Tyrone' as the weeks go by.

The officers supervisor said he could find no justification for the officers pulling Nichols over in the first place. Too many times the police pull people over looking for trouble.

This isn't the first person they beat. The people know this. They run because they don't want beat next.

In Baltimore Freddie Grey wasn't wanted. He just saw the cops and knew he wanted nothing to do with them and took off. They assumed a crime and Freddie Grey ended up dead in the back of a police wagon.

Since that time we have learned how utterly corrupt the entire Baltimore police department was and sadly, still is.

You didn't have to commit a crime to get a beating. If you didn't, the police would plant a crime on you.

More video emerges of suspected drug planting by Baltimore police

Baltimore Police officer found guilty of fabricating evidence in case where his own body camera captured the act

How is it racist when I'm sticking up for all the black officers except one?
You wouldn't be sticking up for them if Nichols would have been a white man.
It seemed that way in the video. The officers were struggling to force his arms behind his back and couldn't do it.
Yea the guy weighed about 180lbs and 5 officers couldn't handcuff him. Man go on somewhere with that bullshit.

Agreed. This is an obvious solution yet it’s never done.

Well. Jobs like cops, teachers, social workers are very important to society. Yet we pay them like crap. So mostly, as society breaks down and these professions get even more difficult to sustain, you're not going to get great candidates.

A spiral downward, IOW

Well. Jobs like cops, teachers, social workers are very important to society. Yet we pay them like crap. So mostly, as society breaks down and these professions get even more difficult to sustain, you're not going to get great candidates.

A spiral downward, IOW
When has these professions ever paid some of these folks what they are worth?

You wouldn't be sticking up for them if Nichols would have been a white man.

Yea the guy weighed about 180lbs and 5 officers couldn't handcuff him. Man go on somewhere with that bullshit.

145. He has Crohn's. I was once super skinny with it too. It sucks, it really does. When you weigh that little you feel like crap.

When has these professions ever paid some of these folks what they are worth?

Never.

But before society lost their minds, it was worth it. You weren't dealing with insane people and their insane expectations. (In my profession, teaching, the kids are great for the most part. The adults are insane.)

So that's the straw that breaks the camel's back. I will do your job of public service for little pay if I feel it's doing some good. When the populace is so batcrap crazy, it's not doing any good....why do it?

That's where we are in 2023

Forum List

Back