Tying Stimulus to Vaccines

For or Against: Should we tie the next round of COVID relief direct payments to getting vaccinated

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello.

Smerconish had a great poll question on his site and I wanted to get our board's input.

Essentially it goes like this. When we have our second round of stimulus tie getting your direct payment from the Government to whether you have taken one of the vaccines. The amount being talked about is $1,500. For a family of four, that is $6,000.

www.Smerconish.com
Sounds like a good idea to me. Otherwise half or more of these bloody tRumplings won't get it.
Well, that's true. Don't know what to do about those fearful of needles.
Tell them to grow up.

Hello.

Smerconish had a great poll question on his site and I wanted to get our board's input.

Essentially it goes like this. When we have our second round of stimulus tie getting your direct payment from the Government to whether you have taken one of the vaccines. The amount being talked about is $1,500. For a family of four, that is $6,000.

www.Smerconish.com

Seems reasonable to me.

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com
Sounds like a good idea to me. Otherwise half or more of these bloody tRumplings won't get it.
So that idiot in New York that said he wants to review the vaccine is somehow as you in your ignorance put it a tRumpling?

Hello.

I doubt that would be Constitutional

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com
So that idiot in New York that said he wants to review the vaccine is somehow as you in your ignorance put it a tRumpling?
Not sure who you are referring to.

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com

Trump has actively lied about COVID before.

Trust, but verify.

If you are basically having to bribe people to take one of vaccines isn't that saying you don't really have any confidence in it and make even more people not want to take it?
This is just the carrot. Next is the stick. Wait and see.

We will have a full-blown shooting war and this will be one of the reasons.

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com
Not sure who you are referring to.
I guess you don’t follow the news. Cuomo Says He Won't Accept the FDA's Approval of a Coronavirus Vaccine

If you are basically having to bribe people to take one of vaccines isn't that saying you don't really have any confidence in it and make even more people not want to take it?
This is just the carrot. Next is the stick. Wait and see.

We will have a full-blown shooting war and this will be one of the reasons.

Or.....you just want to shoot someone. And are looking for your excuse.

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com

Trump has actively lied about COVID before.

Trust, but verify.
Yeah I have learned never trust a leftist

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com
Well that didn’t take long for you people to go full fascist.

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com

I don't think fascist means what you think it means. As you seem to be using it as a generic pejorative. The way a toddler might curse.

How do we prove we had the vaccine filling out an online application? It's a clever incentive, but #1) technically difficult to implement and #2) it will be summer, at least, before everyone can be immunized. Hopefully, they aren't waiting that long for the next stimulus check?

Screw how they are going to prove someone got the vaccine ... Where'd they get the money to write the fools a stimulus check ... :thup:
You live in a world of make believe money, that is tied to nothing more than expanding Governmental control.

You deserve the empty, meaningless shit you get in return for your foolish desires.

Last edited:
How do we prove we had the vaccine filling out an online application? It's a clever incentive, but #1) technically difficult to implement and #2) it will be summer, at least, before everyone can be immunized. Hopefully, they aren't waiting that long for the next stimulus check?

Screw how they are going to prove someone got the vaccine ... Where'd they get the money to write the fools a stimulus check ... :thup:
You live in a world of make believe money, that is tied to nothing more than expanding Governmental control.

Have the healthcare professional administering the vaccine sign off.

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com
If you're too scared of a needle, don't take the stimulus. No one is making you get the shot.

I wish there was a way we could make you, though.

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com
If you're too scared of a needle, don't take the stimulus. No one is making you get the shot.

They'll have 1500 reasons to sack the fuck up.

Good idea, lets see how quick the needle penetrates the tinfoil.
Nice.

My thing is this. Any 2 choice plank pretty much creates 4 scenarios.

You want the check but not the shot
You want the shot but not the check
You want both the shot and the check
You want neither the shot or the check

I think a winning position is this?

If the shot is made available in 1/1/2021 for example.
If you get the shot between 1/1/2021 to 6/1/2021, you get a stimulus check
After that....you can get the shot but no check.

The idea is to get the population inoculated. If it's framed that way...I think it works better. Just either/or is too coercive as far as it goes. My "no" is a soft no.
One week might be too short. Could be a sort of a lottery whether you get your turn within that few days.
Clearly you don't live in the U.S. and haven't been completely schooled about the culture here. . . . :heehee:

. . . a few days. . . . :auiqs.jpg:

That's rich. What do you think this is, Mexico?

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com

Don't Taz Me is right.

Due to HIPA, this would be clearly Unconstitutional, it would violate equal protection laws.

Those who object based on philosophical and religious grounds are not being protected.

Forum List

Back