Two years and no science around masks?

The simple fact of viruses is how they're transmitted.
Their virulence and viral load are key.

for ex, the general public is sold on our respiratory system being the sole reservoir.

while the truth is, it can exist by degree elsewhere juxtaposed to conducive environs

Consider our fingerprints, amino acids, virus' LOVE acidic environs

~S~

Democrats are hella stupid. Over 70% of them trust the mainstream media. That means most Democrats believe what they see on TV and trust it.

That tool probably drives around with 3 mask on thinking he's safe because the tv told him so.
Actually a lot of Democrats read the news. I`ll take my 2 online newspapers over your QAnon goofiness and FOX news.

You speak fantasies. I exist on realities. If a race

Biologically exist no human races. Black Africans are 100% homo sapiens sapiens - Europeans use partially also genes from the homo Neanderthaliensis. Same do Asians and they also use DNA from the homo Desinova.

has massive teenage pregnancies with no father figures that produce two and half to three generations from those who do the same in two,

The extreme slavery in America destroyed family structures. And Capitalism is perhaps also destroying family structures. Today singles and gangs are more modern.

and they exist on massive taxpayer social programs/private side subsidies will get the the greatest results of poverty.

I don't know what this means. The USA seems not to be very successful in integration politics nor in nation building.

On other issues the world is about conquering.

The world is what?

You seem to be blaming me for it.

I do what?

Well, remember the calculus here: If masks are not 100% effective, they don't work at all. If vaccines are not 100% effective, they don't work at all.

This is the kind of "thinking" that is keeping us in this mess.

Exactly. The problem is not to become infected and not to infect anyone else. And a virus itselve has not any legs. We transport it on our own. That's why I had to laugh a lot when our new chancellor Olaf Scholz said "We have to be faster than the virus". We are only "faster" than the virus when we know what we are doing on what reasons.

By the way: Happy 2022.

osha 1910-1030 is the science

breaking the 'chain of infection' isn't a lofty concept>>>

View attachment 582187

everytime i see someone exit a store, and stuff their week old mask in their pocket, i know they've blown it

~S~

The problem: Also people who are not vulnerable transport the virus. And this point breaks down your whole pseudo-intelligent scheme here because you are able to replace everything with "people". Main point: Everyone has to take care not to become infected and not to infect others.

Surgeons have been wearing masks for generations because they DON’T work? RIIIIGHT!!!
You think surgeons wear masks to prevent respiratory virus transmission? You really believe that? Here is an article from a surgeon to clear up the bullshit you are buying into.

First, let’s be clear. The premise that surgeons wearing masks serves as evidence that “masks must work to prevent viral transmission” is a logical fallacy that I would classify as an argument of false equivalence, or comparing “apples to oranges.”

Although surgeons do wear masks to prevent their respiratory droplets from contaminating the surgical field and the exposed internal tissues of our surgical patients, that is about as far as the analogy extends.

The simple fact of viruses is how they're transmitted.

A virus needs to get from one person's body to another. Some like HIV have to be passed blood to blood. This is why HIV is quite slow at spreading. Ebola is the same. The reason why Ebola isn't that deadly is because it kills 90% of the people it infects and does so quite quickly, 2 to 21 days. This means it doesn't spread easily. HIV/AIDS can take 8-10 years.

The flu is a virus. It's far more common. The CDC estimates that about 8% of the country gets the flu in any one year. (Between 3% and 11%). Clearly this is much higher than the number of people with HIV/AIDS and the number of people with Ebola.

The reason why the flu is more prevalent is because it spreads much easier.

Children are most likely to get the flu.

"The same CID studyexternal icon found that children are most likely to get sick from flu and that people 65 and older are least likely to get sick from influenza. Median incidence values (or attack rate) by age group were 9.3% for children 0-17 years, 8.8% for adults 18-64 years, and 3.9% for adults 65 years and older. This means that children younger than 18 are more than twice as likely to develop a symptomatic flu infection than adults 65 and older."

Child are unhygienic, they cough openly, pick their noses, touch themselves with impunity and interact a lot with their peers.

And the ways the flu passes itself on is mostly through air droplets. i.e., someone sneezes and it then lands in someone else's mouth.

It can also spread when people wipe their nose, put their fingers in their mouth etc, touch something and then someone else touches this.

The coronavirus is pretty similar to the flu in some respects.

The Spanish Flu and the coronavirus are looking pretty similar. Because of actions of governments and the better sanitary conditions the number of deaths is lower. They're from different virus families, but they both spread really quickly, and they both kill a small percentage of people they infect.

The Spanish flu ended up just becoming the flu. The coronavirus might just end up becoming something like the flu. Something people die from, mostly older people, something that attacks more in winter.

The reason it attacks more in winter is more evidence of it being transmitted via coughing.

"wherever there is winter, there is flu"

"
Here are the most popular theories about why the flu strikes in winter:

1) During the winter, people spend more time indoors with the windows sealed, so they are more likely to breathe the same air as someone who has the flu and thus contract the virus (3).

2) Days are shorter during the winter, and lack of sunlight leads to low levels of vitamin D and melatonin, both of which require sunlight for their generation. This compromises our immune systems, which in turn decreases ability to fight the virus (3).

3) The influenza virus may survive better in colder, drier climates, and therefore be able to infect more people"

"Palese found that the virus was transmitted better at low temperatures and low humidity than at high temperatures and high humidity (see Figure 1)."

You can look at figure one for the nice picture view.

"A paper from the 1960s may provide an alternate explanation. The study tested the survival time of different viruses (i.e. the amount of time the virus remains viable and capable of causing disease) at contrasting temperatures and levels of humidity. The results from the study suggest that influenza actually survives longer at low humidity and low temperatures."

The coronavirus works in the same way. Much higher figures in colder weather.
Again, no science about the efficacy of masks for Covid. Can you guys read?

So the geniuses have been able to fast track a treatment that hijacks the body's protein system to create foreign spike proteins that ostensibly force the immune system to fight Covid, but after two years they haven't been able to present any science around the simple problem presented below - do masks work?

View attachment 582165
Really?
No, not really…. You’re stuck in a media bubble of ignorance and lies… come out of the cloud and join reality please. Thank you

Burgermeister

Without masks someone gets infected within some few minutes from someone else who is about 3 meters far (risk ~100%).

In a normal situation (sitting around a table) the risk to get Corona within 20 minutes is only about 10% in case of a normal clinical masks. It is 4% in case of FFP2-masks if the mask fits not very well - and the risk is only 0.1% if the mask is perfectly close.

=> Masks help a lot!!!
Your statements don't mean anything.

I doubt there's any science that you would bother to accept.

It's like "There's so much evidence the Earth is round, there's time zones, there's day night cycles, there's no edge of the world etc etc" you "The Earth's flat"
^^ Coming from someone who pretends a man is a woman just because that man says so. You just can’t make this shit up.

So the geniuses have been able to fast track a treatment that hijacks the body's protein system to create foreign spike proteins that ostensibly force the immune system to fight Covid, but after two years they haven't been able to present any science around the simple problem presented below - do masks work?

View attachment 582165
Really?

There is science around masks. For some reason it's been totally ignored though.

Masks don't stop a virus. I was a pca during my 2 years getting my RN degree and I worked in a hospital while in nursing school and we were taught masks were for droplet precautions. They stop sneezing, coughing, etc. The only ways to stop a virus is to wear a tyvek suit or a sealed face mask with a merv 20 or a HEPA filter, or to wear a positive pressure suit with air pushed into it from a separate atmosphere.

We even had form fitted HEPA masks you could wear but we had to be fitted for and the test was a smell test because if you could smell through it then it wasn't sealed because if you smell something microscopic particles were getting through and if they did so would a virus.

Even where I work now as a building engineer, I am the back up guy for the amonia based cooling system we have and I have to go the hospital every 2 years with my rebreather to have it certified and fitted Incase of a emergency I have to go in to a amoina leak and they tell me the same thing, if you smell something it's because microscopic parties the size of a virus are passing through.

Also a virus passes through mucus membranes so if your eyes are exposed you can get covid, it can go in through your nose. Even if you touch something someone with covid coughed near earlier then rub your eye or pick your nose guess what, you got covid.

These are all common knowledge known by millions of people but no one really says anything. Anyone who was even a nurses aid knows this stuff as it's part of training for dealing with patients.

If the entire world wore a mask 24 hours a day, we would all still get covid.

First off there are the laws of physics that demonstrate the effectiveness of masks...but flat earthers don't like that fact either.

Then there's the fact that having concern about others is extremely out of fashion at the moment. (Masks don't protect you, they protect others from you).

So...the science is there. Just no one wants to accept the truth.

And because people can not engage in other worthwhile persuits...they have declined into being emotional vampires on social media. Trying to elicit emotions of random people by claiming the absurd as truth and creating emotionally exhausted people. Which contributes to the insanity of the world.

First off there are the laws of physics that demonstrate the effectiveness of masks...but flat earthers don't like that fact either.

Then there's the fact that having concern about others is extremely out of fashion at the moment. (Masks don't protect you, they protect others from you).

So...the science is there. Just no one wants to accept the truth.

And because people can not engage in other worthwhile persuits...they have declined into being emotional vampires on social media. Trying to elicit emotions of random people by claiming the absurd as truth and creating emotionally exhausted people. Which contributes to the insanity of the world.
More meaningless statements.

More meaningless statements.
They are meaningless to you alone.
But then again you like a flat earth and gender confusion. I can't fix that...nor your desire to feed off others emotional response to absurdity.

That provides absolutely no science about the efficacy of masks for Covid.
Can I suggest you untwist your pantyhose.

If you hunt out the different manufacturers of masks, they provide data sheets on those masks. Often sighting particle size they filter to etc.. Then the likes of the EU have a directive on the quality of these masks so it looks like they know what they're on about.

As for science? All you will get are various studies trying to say how good or crap they are, and whichever side of the fence you sit on, cherry pick the study that supports your agenda.

The data sheets do not mention viruses because viruses are much smaller than the particles the masks are designed to stop. You would need a full head helmet supplied by an outside air source or bottle.

So the only "science" out there is, masks offer some benefit. There's no clear cut figure to this "some" because the different studies purport different figures.

Put it this way, if masks work, why the lockdowns?

If you find any "science", could you let us all know.

Forum List

Back