Two Ways to Help Stop Mass Shootings

Where do black market guns come from? Do they just appear out of thin air?

Or are they stolen from the stashes of good, honest law-abiding gun owners?

This is why I think part of the problem IS the number of guns. Increasing gun ownership rates means, statistically, that you are increasing the PROBABILITY of those guns winding up in the wrong hands. Flood the market with more guns than people and you increase the chances of guns being stolen or diverted to "evil purposes".

Life is in no small way a probability game. We rely on probabilities all over the place. You currently can't purchase more than a couple boxes of Sudafed because they want to limit the PROBABILITY of Sudafed being diverted to meth production.

Why can't we use the same logic with guns? You can have sudafed but only so much and you are regulated. You can have guns but only so many and you are regulated.

Why is this such a horrible thing to consider?

Because you are putting your trust in the single entity that can abuse that trust.

1) ALL politicians should be barred from accepting donations from the NRA. At the national, state and local level. The reason we cannot get any common sense gun laws put into place is because too many politicians (Democrat and Republican, I hear) are beholden to the NRA.
2) Make it illegal to purchase or own any kind of assault rifle. They are not needed for home protection or hunting. They are only good for killing large numbers of people, really fast.

Our children are being killed in their classrooms. We must act now. They can't vote; they don't have a voice. WE MUST BE THEIR VOICE. PLEASE.
You need to define 'assault rifle'.......Most gun deaths are by handguns not long rifles. The NRA is not a huge lobby.

It NEEDS to fly. How many more kids must die before we do something?
Your solution will do exactly nothing. The problem is with the shooter, not the gun. Relative morality is the real cause. Failing to properly indict, perps, letting them off with little or no punishment, confusing children as to their born gender, etc. We also need to repeal the 'gun free schools' act. If there were armed staff in that school this incident could at least have a chance to have been stopped quickly. Teach gun safety to children so they know what a gun is and what a gun can do instead of learning about guns through movies and rap music.

Last edited:
Especially if the schools have enough money to buy hardened locks and doors without windows that are bulletproof.

I wonder if Lakeside Teacher Supply store carries those. We could make the individual teachers buy their own hardened door so it doesn't increase the cost to the tax payers!!!

This actually sounds like a GREAT IDEA!

Then when we ARM the teachers we can make them buy their own guns!

This problem will essentially SOLVE ITSELF!!!
Your mockery is disgraceful. Ms. Turquoise's emotional disposition makes me glad she is not a member of congress.

Your mockery is disgraceful. Ms. Turquoise's emotional disposition makes me glad she is not a member of congress.
In this incident, the locked door was propped open by a teacher. No 'hardened' door will work if it is unlocked.

Your mockery is disgraceful.

Is it really worse than 20 kids so mangled by AR-15 rounds that some of the had to be ID'd by DNA because they were so ripped up that they couldn't be identified visually?

My apologies.

Ms. Turquoise's emotional disposition makes me glad she is not a member of congress.

Yeah....I hear ya.

Lista-The-Tears-of-Brett-Kavanaugh.jpg

Your solution will do exactly nothing. The problem is with the shooter, not the gun.

Would you please stop saying that! It makes it sound like America will work harder on making healthcare (especially mental healthcare) a priority when we won't.

All this pearl clutching about "people" as if America gives a flip about people.

Relative morality is the real cause.

America is among the leading most religious countries in the Developed world. What more do we need to do?

Failing to properly indict, perps, letting them off with little or no punishment,

America has the most prisoners of any country on earth. How many more do we need to lock up? Everyone?

We also need to repeal the 'gun free schools' act.

More guns in schools! Yeah!

If there were armed staff in that school this incident could at least have a chance to have been stopped quickly.

Yeah, that makes sense. The police who are TRAINED FOR SHOOTING SITUATIONS stayed safe, so I'm sure an armed 3rd grade teacher or a janitor would be MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE.

You need to define 'assault rifle'.......Most gun deaths are by handguns not long rifles. The NRA is not a huge lobby.

Don't denigrate them. They do a pretty good job. In 2021 they nearly doubled their lobbying money up to $4.9 million. That's not nothing.

They are doing a GREAT job. And every time we see a pile of dead kids we KNOW that the NRA will be the FIRST to tell us that this is completely unrelated to guns and if any legislator so much as even THINKS about backing gun legislation they will pull that money from them.

The NRA is doing their job right. It's just sad that one side-effect is a bunch of dead kids, but hey, if you wanna make an omelet you have to obliterate an egg to the point that it can no longer be visually identified.

Don't denigrate them. They do a pretty good job. In 2021 they nearly doubled their lobbying money up to $4.9 million. That's not nothing.

They are doing a GREAT job. And every time we see a pile of dead kids we KNOW that the NRA will be the FIRST to tell us that this is completely unrelated to guns and if any legislator so much as even THINKS about backing gun legislation they will pull that money from them.

The NRA is doing their job right. It's just sad that one side-effect is a bunch of dead kids, but hey, if you wanna make an omelet you have to obliterate an egg to the point that it can no longer be visually identified.
The NRA didn’t murder those kids any more than Craftsman murdered anyone with a hammer. 4.9 Million IS nothing when it comes to lobbying.

The NRA didn’t murder those kids any more than Craftsman murdered anyone with a hammer.

That's ANOTHER thing I hate seeing on the news. All those mass killings in schools by hammer wielding nutjobs. I really think we have TOO MANY HAMMERS. And to think that hammers are made SPECIFICALLY TO HARM OR KILL...it's just irresponsible to sell them in the stores.

But, it's also why there are so few mass hammer killings in other countries. They have a lot more strictures on hammer purchases.

4.9 Million IS nothing when it comes to lobbying.

Apparently the congresspeople feel differently. Otherwise it wouldn't matter what their "gun score" is given by the NRA.

I understand that essentially the AR-15 isn't much more than less intimidating looking semi-automatics on the market including some hunting rifles. It's just tricked out to look more "cool" and "military" but not functionally different.

As such I kind of see the point that banning "assault rifles" isn't necessarily going to move the needle since similar firepower can be purchased in less exciting "packaging".

But that means the REAL answer might be a lot less pleasant to consider.

If I were in the NRA I'd DEFINITELY push for an "assault weapons ban" if only so it would distract from the larger problem and not really impact the ability of gun loving Americans from getting a good armory set up. Kind of like how they treat "mental illness". Talk about it so people won't pay attention to the larger issue. Only problem with the "mental healthcare gambit" is that it might mean they would have to pay something extra for their guns to support actual mental healthcare improvement.

But you get the point.
The point is that you, like all other leftists, either can't or won't define a phrase that y'all use pretty frequently, but you still expect folks to believe that you use it authoritatively.

Can I just say these two sentences together are beautiful. You call the poster "dumb" but ensure that they know it's in a "nice" way and then you refer to them as a "dumb shit".

I would REALLY hate to see what you say to people you are NOT being nice to!

"...in a nice way".

No...you wouldn't.......

Especially if the schools have enough money to buy hardened locks and doors without windows that are bulletproof.

I wonder if Lakeside Teacher Supply store carries those. We could make the individual teachers buy their own hardened door so it doesn't increase the cost to the tax payers!!!

This actually sounds like a GREAT IDEA!

Then when we ARM the teachers we can make them buy their own guns!

This problem will essentially SOLVE ITSELF!!!

Dipshit......they have billions in unused Covid money that they are using to build Juice Bars and staff those Juice Bars.....they can now use that money for swipe card entries, metal doors, and smash proof windows.......

That's ANOTHER thing I hate seeing on the news. All those mass killings in schools by hammer wielding nutjobs. I really think we have TOO MANY HAMMERS. And to think that hammers are made SPECIFICALLY TO HARM OR KILL...it's just irresponsible to sell them in the stores.

But, it's also why there are so few mass hammer killings in other countries. They have a lot more strictures on hammer purchases.

Apparently the congresspeople feel differently. Otherwise it wouldn't matter what their "gun score" is given by the NRA.
If you get bashed in the head with a hammer you will die as surely as getting shot. I ask you again, would you punish the hammer manufacturers, construction lobbies and hammer sellers? I think we should ban all congresspeople from receiving armed security then let them vote on firearm restrictions.

And do you think that modern day Norway, UK, Sweden, Japan are all vicious dictator states? They don't have this level of mass shootings so OBVIOUSLY they must be.

I feel sorry for them not having dead kids all the time to help then understand what TRUE FREEDOM looks like.
We don't trust folks who want us unarmed.

Your solution will do exactly nothing. The problem is with the shooter, not the gun. Relative morality is the real cause. Failing to properly indict, perps, letting them off with little or no punishment, confusing children as to their born gender, etc. We also need to repeal the 'gun free schools' act. If there were armed staff in that school this incident could at least have a chance to have been stopped quickly. Teach gun safety to children so they know what a gun is and what a gun can do instead of learning about guns through movies and rap music.
There was an armed security guard at that grocery store in Buffalo, New York. He was murdered too.

Forum List

Back