Two Ways to Help Stop Mass Shootings

For the umpteenth time we do have gun laws.

Tell me which federal gun laws are not "common sense"

The problem is that the government and cops do not enforce the gun laws we already have
/---/ I think it's the courts and attorney generals more than the police who don't enforce the gun laws.

because at this moment in time across the planet, an assault rifle is a rifle that resembles a military assault rifle but is designed to allow only semiautomatic fire.
That is incorrect. When progressives forge fraudulent definitions, that does not alter the real world.

Wandering around shops with loaded guns. Dumb.
Hardly.

Not securing guns at home when not in use. Dumb.
OK.

Giving guns to people with the mentality to shoot others under the fallacy of self defence. Dumb.
Self defense is neither dumb nor a fallacy.

Any government that denies the right to self defense is an illegitimate government, and it is OK do disregard all its laws.

Guns in public is dumb. If they're not a cause of crime, leave them at home.
No. We have the right to defend ourselves.

The mentally ill tend to be the victims of crime as opposed to being the cause, which has already been covered in past posts/threads.
Actually a lot of mass shooters have had some serious mental issues.

Not all of them. That grocery store shooter guy was merely a racist moron. But a significant number of them are.

As you've confirmed there's no need to have guns in the street.
Americans are free people. We don't have to have any need. If we choose to carry a gun, we do it. And we don't need anyone's permission to do so.

Once the 2nd is scrapped in the future, the better
That is never going to happen.

So I'll repeat myself, in 20, 30, 40 years time, or even longer, the gradual steps and changes in US gun regs inches forward to the scrapping of the 2nd.
That will never happen. Americans will always value freedom.

Wandering around shops with loaded guns. Dumb.

Not securing guns at home when not in use. Dumb.

Giving guns to people with the mentality to shoot others under the fallacy of self defence. Dumb.

Hang on....I'm just going over this yet again, that has been mentioned on here for over a year.
Banning and confiscating guns for peaceable law abiding citizens who do none of the things you mentioned. Dumb.

Once the 2nd is scrapped in the future, the better
Never going to happen. Besides, you aren't even an American citizen. So unless you were an alien legally in the U.S. not admitted into the U.S. under a nonimmigrant visa and met one of the exceptions as provided in 18 U.S.C. 922(y)(2), such as possession of a valid hunting license or permit, you could not legally purchase a gun. And even then the gun you purchased would have to be for the purpose of sport. In other words, the 2nd Amendment is dead to you so you get your wish.

Knowledge retention around here is crap, I don't normally find it an issue on UK forums.

So I'll repeat myself, in 20, 30, 40 years time, or even longer, the gradual steps and changes in US gun regs inches forward to the scrapping of the 2nd. Liklies not in your lifetime so it has no effect on you, you need not worry.
Never going to happen. You are a linear thinker in a cyclical universe.

You guys can't agree on the 2nd's wording
What's wrong with the wording of the 2nd Amendment?
you can't agree on what your guns are called
Sure we can. I have revolvers, semi-automatic pistols some of which are double action, some are single action and some are decockers. I have over and under shotguns, a single shot shotgun, a pump shotgun and a semi-automatic shotgun. I have bolt action rifles and semi-automatic rifles.

Where exactly is your confusion? Because I'm not confused in the slightest.
Is there anything about guns America is sure on
You mean besides the right to keep and bear arms is a constitutional right? Yes, lot's of other things as well. I submit the confusion is intentionally created by people who wish to ban and confiscate guns for the express purpose of removing a constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

Blimey, I remember in the Obama days when your media kept reporting cop back shooting.

I'm just in the process in creating a Bookmark folder on Thunderbird to tag US news sources to keep track on relevant US news stories as you think I'm naive to the gun nut bullshit.
Sound bites are misleading. You make it sound like a war zone in America. That hasn't been my experience.

That is incorrect. When progressives forge fraudulent definitions, that does not alter the real world.

Hardly.

OK.

Self defense is neither dumb nor a fallacy.

Any government that denies the right to self defense is an illegitimate government, and it is OK do disregard all its laws.

No. We have the right to defend ourselves.

Actually a lot of mass shooters have had some serious mental issues.

Not all of them. That grocery store shooter guy was merely a racist moron. But a significant number of them are.

Americans are free people. We don't have to have any need. If we choose to carry a gun, we do it. And we don't need anyone's permission to do so.

That is never going to happen.

That will never happen. Americans will always value freedom.

The Buffalo store shooter was a leftist authoritarian, eco extremist…..who was also a racist….

racism is part of leftism.

How many automatic fire weapons are legally owned in the US?
As far as post-WWII guns go....

Assault rifles:

About 20,000 M-16s (many with parts kits to convert them to a 9mm submachine gun, providing their owner with two guns in one).

About 4,000 FN-FNCs.

Submachine guns:

About 25,000 MAC-10 variants (20,000 of them MAC-11/9MMs).

About 6,000 Uzi variants. 4,050 of them Group Industries Uzis (that are very nice because the legally-irreplaceable parts are deliberately made of very high grade tempered steel). 3318 of those becoming Vector Uzis after Group Industries went bankrupt (which are nicer yet because they were completed with parts taken from actual Israel-built Uzis).

General purpose machine guns:

About 1,000 M-60s.

H&K:

About 12,000 H&K guns.

Of these, about 7,200 are sears that can be freely swapped between a HK21 general purpose machine gun, HK33 assault rifle, MP5 submachine gun, and MP5K machine pistol, giving the owner an entire spectrum of weapon types with a single legally-registered sear, provided they own one of each type to drop the sear into. Most people who own such a sear do collect a range of weapon types to swap between.

I don't have a breakdown for the rest of the H&K guns, but I assume that most are probably MP5 submachine guns.

Forum List

Back