Two Ways to Help Stop Mass Shootings

It is a medical procedure to simply remove an unviable tissue mass....why shouldn't everyone see it......? Right? Just like removing a mole...that is what baby killers tell us...
Oh my gladiolus

I don’t want to see OPEN HEART SURGERY

EEJIT

1) ALL politicians should be barred from accepting donations from the NRA. At the national, state and local level. The reason we cannot get any common sense gun laws put into place is because too many politicians (Democrat and Republican, I hear) are beholden to the NRA.
2) Make it illegal to purchase or own any kind of assault rifle. They are not needed for home protection or hunting. They are only good for killing large numbers of people, really fast.

Our children are being killed in their classrooms. We must act now. They can't vote; they don't have a voice. WE MUST BE THEIR VOICE. PLEASE.
Show me the word need in the bill of rights? How about cutting out money from drug companies?

Hey didn't that Norway shooter have a gun? Are guns legal in Norway?
Yes they are. Did you know that in terms of gun ownership, Norway ranks 10th in the world, with 31 guns per 100 people. "Norway has some of the strictest gun control laws around today. It is only possible to obtain permission to own a weapon by having officially documented a use for the gun with the local police and taken extensive training relevant to the intended use of the weapon. Generally, this falls into two categories: hunting and sports shooting." Gun Ownership in Norway - Life in Norway
Basically Norway has a sensible set of gun laws, a possible model for the USA.
Americans. How many of you give one rat's behind what Vagabond thinks of us? I'll start. I do not.
Clearly YOU do, otherwise you wouldn't post

Of course. He protects us from progressives.
ROFL! Some Germans believed that about Hitler too.
I'm trying to figure out whether the UK denies civilian access to any gun that is useful for self defense, or whether there are a few self-defense guns around the edges that some civilians are allowed to have.
Here, knock yourself out: Take a look at the guns you can legally buy in the UK
Our gun industry is not financing anyone but their shareholders.
Yees, keep telling yourself that, if it helps you sleep at night.
Not at all. We really do have the right to keep and bear arms.
Yes, barbarism to decadence, whilst never knowing civilisation.

Norway has a sensible set of gun laws, a possible model for the USA.
It is only possible to obtain permission to own a weapon by having officially documented a use for the gun with the local police
Not even remotely compatible with the US.

Americans are free. If we want a gun, we go buy a gun, and we never justify ourselves to anyone.

Yees, keep telling yourself that, if it helps you sleep at night.
I don't have trouble sleeping.

Yes, barbarism to decadence, whilst never knowing civilisation.
I do not agree that to achieve civilization, freedom has to be abolished.

Yes they are. Did you know that in terms of gun ownership, Norway ranks 10th in the world, with 31 guns per 100 people. "Norway has some of the strictest gun control laws around today. It is only possible to obtain permission to own a weapon by having officially documented a use for the gun with the local police and taken extensive training relevant to the intended use of the weapon. Generally, this falls into two categories: hunting and sports shooting." Gun Ownership in Norway - Life in Norway

And what keeps the gun owners who pass the absurd regulations from walking into a school, mall, church and shooting people?

Nothing.

And are Muslim, convicted criminals on government watch lists in Norway and Several other counties exempt from those regulations? Cause the Muslim terrorist who shot up Oslo seems to have been able to get several guns including a fully auto-magic rifle?

Are fully automatic weapons allowed to civilians in Norway?

Just wondering….since Sweden is next to Norway….does Sweden just hand out AK-47 military rifles and grenades to criminals? Or do their criminals have to pass some regulations to get the fully automatic rifles and grenades?

Hmmm….Does Brussels, in Belgium, hand out guns? Do their criminals have to go through all sorts of checks before they can have their illegal guns?

/——/ Vaga, move to Norway so you feel safe.

That didn't answer my question, but I finally got curious enough to find out for myself.

It appears that people who join a shooting club count as having a legitimate need for a lever-action rifle.

While I can certainly see how frequent shooting exercises are beneficial, why do you think forcing people to participate in a shooting club before they are allowed to have a gun somehow reduces homicide rates?

The only effect of more shooting practice that I can see is that it will make gun owners better shots. That's not a bad thing, but I really don't see how it reduces homicide rates any.

We already know of course that gun availability doesn't have any impact on homicide rates. But it doesn't look to me like UK gun laws have a basis for even pretending that they curtail homicides.

That didn't answer my question, but I finally got curious enough to find out for myself.

It appears that people who join a shooting club count as having a legitimate need for a lever-action rifle.

While I can certainly see how frequent shooting exercises are beneficial, why do you think forcing people to participate in a shooting club before they are allowed to have a gun somehow reduces homicide rates?

The only effect of more shooting practice that I can see is that it will make gun owners better shots. That's not a bad thing, but I really don't see how it reduces homicide rates any.

We already know of course that gun availability doesn't have any impact on homicide rates. But it doesn't look to me like UK gun laws have a basis for even pretending that they curtail homicides.

He will likely say they have to store their guns at the club……

But since mass shooters actually plan their attacks, nothing stops them from getting to the club, getting and loading their guns, murdering the staff and taking the guns to shoot up a school…..

They have no understanding of human behavior…..

He will likely say they have to store their guns at the club……
They require people to have a gun safe, but I think you can store long guns at home.

Not sure about handguns. But they require handguns to be so large that people may as well just get a long gun.

But since mass shooters actually plan their attacks, nothing stops them from getting to the club, getting and loading their guns, murdering the staff and taking the guns to shoot up a school…..
They have no understanding of human behavior…..
I don't see how any of their laws actually do anything to stop a mass shooter.

They require people to have a gun safe, but I think you can store long guns at home.

Not sure about handguns. But they require handguns to be so large that people may as well just get a long gun.

I don't see how any of their laws actually do anything to stop a mass shooter.

Yep, I always ask them which gun control law physically prevents these gun owners from shooting up schools……they never answer

Only, if you are planning a terrorist attack and the police find out. Otherwise owning the Anarchists Cookbook is quite legal.
Wrong.

Merely possessing the book is enough to get you arrested for "terrorism" in your country

Forum List

Back