Twitter Fact Checks trump's Tweets. Labels Two As Misleading

trump went off on a tirade against mail in voting again. This time on Twitter. He posted a bunch of lies.

Twitter labeled them as misleading. They should come out and say it's a lie because what he tweeted is a lie.

Twitter? Really? They are NOTORIOUSLY anti-Trump, and should NEVER be taken seriously concerning anything political. Come on, Dana you're smarter than this (I think).

Hold on, so after reading what you wrote then it is safe to say whatever Trump writes on Twitter should never be taken seriously, right?

Look, Trump spew nonsense on their daily and he go fact checked on a few of his tweets by the platform he uses, and now he is upset, and in my opinion he should grow the fuck up!

Prove his comments to be factual with accurate proof and not just spew his opinion and claim it should be consider as Holy as the words in the Bible...
/——-/ “Prove his comments to be factual with accurate proof and not just spew his opinion”

Of course you live by that standard here on USMB.

Hold the fuck on and you are telling me that the President of the United States of America should not be forced to prove his comments to be true just because of some fucking message board that has less than one percent of Twitter followers?

Seriously?

Let get something straight when a fucking politician spews misleading comments and know he does not have the evidence to support it then yes he or she should be fact checked no matter who they are!

Where Twitter went wrong is they never fact check the lies by those like Cortez while wanting to fact check Trump stupidity.

Had they used this system on other Politicians or Celebrities then Trump had nothing to whine and bitch about but seeing Twitter has never done that before against anyone in Politics or Entertainment make what they did to Trump a first and let me be clear if they do not apply the same standard across the board this will sink Twitter.

So do not use the USMB as an excuse to excuse Trump for his laziness to back his comments with factual evidence to support it because that is some real bullshit right there from you!
/——/ He is free to speak his mind with the understanding that his enemies will attack him and any source he cites. BTW. You can’t prove there won’t be voter fraud with mail in ballots. Ever hear of counterfeiting?

And the fact that some States already do Mail in Ballots along with the Military prove that it can be done!

That is a fact and Trump is not giving his opinion but trying to claim his opinion is fact and Twitter used links to disprove what he wrote to be inaccurate and it is TRUMP job to show his evidence to prove his statement to be factual!

Had this been Obama complaining you would be applauding Twitter while I would still say the one that is complaining is a whiny bitch and Twitter better apply this fact checking across the board or it will sink their platform!
/——-/ Here is what DemocRATs think of military mail in ballots: Flashback: Democrats Worked Hard to Disqualify Overseas Military Ballots in 2000 Recount
Haha..oh man...what a piece of shit article for gullible right wing nutsacks.

In reality, it was indeed found that 680 absentee ballots were illegally counted in Florida. Nobody has disputed this.

trump went off on a tirade against mail in voting again. This time on Twitter. He posted a bunch of lies.

Twitter labeled them as misleading. They should come out and say it's a lie because what he tweeted is a lie.

Twitter? Really? They are NOTORIOUSLY anti-Trump, and should NEVER be taken seriously concerning anything political. Come on, Dana you're smarter than this (I think).

Hold on, so after reading what you wrote then it is safe to say whatever Trump writes on Twitter should never be taken seriously, right?

Look, Trump spew nonsense on their daily and he go fact checked on a few of his tweets by the platform he uses, and now he is upset, and in my opinion he should grow the fuck up!

Prove his comments to be factual with accurate proof and not just spew his opinion and claim it should be consider as Holy as the words in the Bible...
/——-/ “Prove his comments to be factual with accurate proof and not just spew his opinion”

Hold the fuck on and you are telling me that the President of the United States of America should not be forced to prove his comments to be true just because of some fucking message board that has less than one percent of Twitter followers?

Seriously?

Let get something straight when a fucking politician spews misleading comments and know he does not have the evidence to support it then yes he or she should be fact checked no matter who they are!

Where Twitter went wrong is they never fact check the lies by those like Cortez while wanting to fact check Trump stupidity.

Had they used this system on other Politicians or Celebrities then Trump had nothing to whine and bitch about but seeing Twitter has never done that before against anyone in Politics or Entertainment make what they did to Trump a first and let me be clear if they do not apply the same standard across the board this will sink Twitter.

So do not use the USMB as an excuse to excuse Trump for his laziness to back his comments with factual evidence to support it because that is some real bullshit right there from you!
/——/ He is free to speak his mind with the understanding that his enemies will attack him and any source he cites. BTW. You can’t prove there won’t be voter fraud with mail in ballots. Ever hear of counterfeiting?

And the fact that some States already do Mail in Ballots along with the Military prove that it can be done!

That is a fact and Trump is not giving his opinion but trying to claim his opinion is fact and Twitter used links to disprove what he wrote to be inaccurate and it is TRUMP job to show his evidence to prove his statement to be factual!

Had this been Obama complaining you would be applauding Twitter while I would still say the one that is complaining is a whiny bitch and Twitter better apply this fact checking across the board or it will sink their platform!
/——-/ Here is what DemocRATs think of military mail in ballots: Flashback: Democrats Worked Hard to Disqualify Overseas Military Ballots in 2000 Recount
Haha..oh man...what a piece of shit article for gullible right wing nutsacks.

In reality, it was indeed found that 680 absentee ballots were illegally counted in Florida. Nobody has disputed this.
/——-/ No matter how many we post, you dismiss them all.

So is Twitter going to be fact checking every politican that uses their platform or just those they disagree with? Even though I personally consider fact checking a joke the fact Twitter fact checked Trump is not the issue at least not for me the isuue is are they going to be doing this across the board with everyone in a fair and consistent manner or is going to be nothing more than a partisan joke. I am not on Twitter but I have no doubt if you go through the Twitter accounts of high profile Democrats you will find stuff that is misleading or an outright lie that has not been fact checked by them and labeled as such.

Seriously?

He is free to speak his mind but he holds public office and is the leader of our country which comes with a certain level of responsibility. He is privy to top secret intelligence and have access to information that the general public does not have. He also to an oath to uphold the public trust. Lying and spread unsubstantiated conspiracy theories to advance a political al agenda is breach of that trust and an embarrassment to the office he holds. He deserves to have his feet held to the fire over the kind of bullshit he spews. That goes for anybody else in leadership/influential positions.
/——/ He’s not lying and we’ve provided proof all morning long.
Just because you say it’s proof, doesn’t make it proof. I haven’t been shown a thing, just a buttload of BS
/----/ You can't prove he is lying, and we've posted evidence of voter fraud all morning wrong. So, pick one and refute it, loser.
He didn’t say there would be voter fraud he said there would be significant fraud making the election rigged. This is complete BS. Cherry picking a few examples of fraud over the course of years where may have been a few thousand while billions of Legit votes Were cast does not prove anything. Trump is baiting the suckers and you appear to be one of the suckers.

Seriously?

He is free to speak his mind but he holds public office and is the leader of our country which comes with a certain level of responsibility. He is privy to top secret intelligence and have access to information that the general public does not have. He also to an oath to uphold the public trust. Lying and spread unsubstantiated conspiracy theories to advance a political al agenda is breach of that trust and an embarrassment to the office he holds. He deserves to have his feet held to the fire over the kind of bullshit he spews. That goes for anybody else in leadership/influential positions.
Just because you say it’s proof, doesn’t make it proof. I haven’t been shown a thing, just a buttload of BS
/——-/ Refute anything in this article. We’ll wait while you gather your notes. Voter Fraud
I don’t need to refute anything in the article because it doesn’t have anything to do with the issues I have with Trumps tweet. Citing 11 examples and hundreds of arrests made over decades only helps show that the fraud cases are statistically irrelevant to the overall votes being cast. I have no problem making our voting system better and more efficient, but Trump is making outrageous and untrue claims that do not align with facts... so that shit needs to be called out. Do you have anything else?

So is Twitter going to be fact checking every politican that uses their platform or just those they disagree with? Even though I personally consider fact checking a joke the fact Twitter fact checked Trump is not the issue at least not for me the isuue is are they going to be doing this across the board with everyone in a fair and consistent manner or is going to be nothing more than a partisan joke. I am not on Twitter but I have no doubt if you go through the Twitter accounts of high profile Democrats you will find stuff that is misleading or an outright lie that has not been fact checked by them and labeled as such.
I’d be fine with them fact checking anybody who is an “Influencer” and in public office. I also would t mind licenses journalist being fact checked. These people have a responsibility to be honest with the information the present as news. The rest of us turds can say whatever the hell we want

Seriously? Twitter is infested with vile lies. So, it's just Trump that is telling lies? :auiqs.jpg:
And that makes it okay with you? The President of the United States of America behaving like this?

I would think Twitter trying to censor his thoughts and opinions would bother you more. It seems as if he is the only one that has to be fact-checked or censored. Nevermind the millions of other people on the platform telling lies and misleading people. Nope, not even the Hollywood elite are capable of telling lies, just Trump. Oh, and don't mind other politicians on Twitter misleading people. Just Trump.

Do I want my president acting that way? Of course not. That still doesn't excuse Twitter suddenly getting the urge to arbitrate the exchange of thoughts and opinions.
Twitter stepped into the shit and will probably have to change that policy. It won't work. It's wrong.

I just find it sad (and more importantly, a truly disturbing symptom) that a person who behaves like this is President.

Fair enough.

I’d be fine with them fact checking anybody who is an “Influencer” and in public office. I also would t mind licenses journalist being fact checked. These people have a responsibility to be honest with the information the present as news. The rest of us turds can say whatever the hell we want
/—-/ Like the “fact checkers” at Twitter are fair and balanced. Bwhahahaha Bwhahahaha

Seriously?

/——-/ Refute anything in this article. We’ll wait while you gather your notes. Voter Fraud
I don’t need to refute anything in the article because it doesn’t have anything to do with the issues I have with Trumps tweet. Citing 11 examples and hundreds of arrests made over decades only helps show that the fraud cases are statistically irrelevant to the overall votes being cast. I have no problem making our voting system better and more efficient, but Trump is making outrageous and untrue claims that do not align with facts... so that shit needs to be called out. Do you have anything else?
/———/ “ Do you have anything else?”
Yeah, and like I said you’ll dismiss every one of them. You have an agenda to stuff the ballot box for the democRATs and no amount of evidence will get you to admit that the fraud is real.
Here’s another one you can proclaim “Taint no big thang”: CHICAGO ELECTION FRAUDS.; A PRECINCT JUDGE ARRESTED FOR BREAKING OPEN A BALLOT BOX.

Seriously?

/----/ You can't prove he is lying, and we've posted evidence of voter fraud all morning wrong. So, pick one and refute it, loser.
He didn’t say there would be voter fraud he said there would be significant fraud making the election rigged. This is complete BS. Cherry picking a few examples of fraud over the course of years where may have been a few thousand while billions of Legit votes Were cast does not prove anything. Trump is baiting the suckers and you appear to be one of the suckers.
/——-/ Here are 28 million examples you can dismiss with a snear and wave of the hand: More than 28M mail-in ballots have reportedly gone missing in last decade

/—-/ Like the “fact checkers” at Twitter are fair and balanced. Bwhahahaha Bwhahahaha
What did they say that was incorrect in their fact check? I haven’t heard any of you even try to address that. Bet you didn’t even read it

Seriously?

/———/ “ Do you have anything else?”
Yeah, and like I said you’ll dismiss every one of them. You have an agenda to stuff the ballot box for the democRATs and no amount of evidence will get you to admit that the fraud is real.
Here’s another one you can proclaim “Taint no big thang”: CHICAGO ELECTION FRAUDS.; A PRECINCT JUDGE ARRESTED FOR BREAKING OPEN A BALLOT BOX.
Providing counter arguments is the nature of debate. It’s not dismissal. So far you haven't produced relevant arguments as I’ve pointed out. Cherry picked examples are not evidence of wide spread fraud. So I’m guessing the rest of your reply’s will be petty insults. Would love for you to prove me wrong.

Speaking of empty threats, Reuters reports, "U.S. President Donald Trump will sign an executive order on social media companies on Thursday, White House officials said after Trump threatened to shut down the platform he accused of stifling conservative voices.

"The officials, who spoke to reporters traveling with Trump to Washington from Florida aboard Air Force One on Wednesday, gave no further details."

I think it is fair to say, Trump doesn't know the further details. There is not a thing he can do, and he knows it.

Despite Trump’s threats to the contrary, Twitter is not violating the First Amendment by marking up his tweets. Unlike the government, Twitter is a private company that can moderate its users’ speech as it pleases, without legal penalty.

I am really looking forward to seeing that E.O.

Fact checking isn't preventing free speech or taking someone's free speech from them.

In fact, those who would silence fact checkers are the ones who are preventing free speech and taking someone's free speech from them. The fact that trump is using the government to prevent Twitter from having free speech is illegal. The government can't do anything to stop free speech. Which is exactly what trump is doing.

Twitter didn't do anything to stop trump from posting. They didn't remove his post. All they did was add a fact check.

That's not against the first Amendment or illegal.

Using the government to prevent Twitter from fact checking is a violation of the first amendment and is a civil crime.

No matter what trump does, he can't prevent Twitter from fact checking his posts.

What did they say that was incorrect in their fact check? I haven’t heard any of you even try to address that. Bet you didn’t even read it
How many tens of thousands of tweets has Trump sent? And they found TWO that were “misleading”. Pretty good record, if you ask me.

Seriously?

/——-/ Here are 28 million examples you can dismiss with a snear and wave of the hand: More than 28M mail-in ballots have reportedly gone missing in last decade

Seriously?

What your article points to are not examples of fraudulent votes. They are “opportunities for fraudulent votes” from ballots being sent to the wrong address or to deceased individuals. The evidence of people actually committing voter fraud with those ballads is statistically nil. This is why your arguments are so weak. Here is a quote from your article from the guy its based off.

““Putting the election in the hands of the United States Postal Service would be a catastrophe,” PILF President J. Christian Adams said in a statement. “Over the recent decade, there were 28 million missing and misdirected ballots. These represent 28 million opportunities for someone to cheat.”

See this is a guy with an obvious agenda, which is fine, but he isnt presenting evidence of fraud. Only potential. As I’ve said before. Take measures to make the process better, but don’t lie about its performance in the past. And for you... you should stop making excuses for these lies

Speaking of empty threats, Reuters reports, "U.S. President Donald Trump will sign an executive order on social media companies on Thursday, White House officials said after Trump threatened to shut down the platform he accused of stifling conservative voices.

"The officials, who spoke to reporters traveling with Trump to Washington from Florida aboard Air Force One on Wednesday, gave no further details."

I think it is fair to say, Trump doesn't know the further details. There is not a thing he can do, and he knows it.

Despite Trump’s threats to the contrary, Twitter is not violating the First Amendment by marking up his tweets. Unlike the government, Twitter is a private company that can moderate its users’ speech as it pleases, without legal penalty.

I am really looking forward to seeing that E.O.

Fact checking isn't preventing free speech or taking someone's free speech from them.

In fact, those who would silence fact checkers are the ones who are preventing free speech and taking someone's free speech from them. The fact that trump is using the government to prevent Twitter from having free speech is illegal. The government can't do anything to stop free speech. Which is exactly what trump is doing.

Twitter didn't do anything to stop trump from posting. They didn't remove his post. All they did was add a fact check.

That's not against the first Amendment or illegal.

Using the government to prevent Twitter from fact checking is a violation of the first amendment and is a civil crime.

No matter what trump does, he can't prevent Twitter from fact checking his posts.
Well said

Seriously?

Seriously?

What your article points to are not examples of fraudulent votes. They are “opportunities for fraudulent votes” from ballots being sent to the wrong address or to deceased individuals. The evidence of people actually committing voter fraud with those ballads is statistically nil. This is why your arguments are so weak. Here is a quote from your article from the guy its based off.

““Putting the election in the hands of the United States Postal Service would be a catastrophe,” PILF President J. Christian Adams said in a statement. “Over the recent decade, there were 28 million missing and misdirected ballots. These represent 28 million opportunities for someone to cheat.”

See this is a guy with an obvious agenda, which is fine, but he isnt presenting evidence of fraud. Only potential. As I’ve said before. Take measures to make the process better, but don’t lie about its performance in the past. And for you... you should stop making excuses for these lies
/-----/ No matter what we present - you automatically dismiss it. And we understand why.

Seriously?

Seriously?

/-----/ No matter what we present - you automatically dismiss it. And we understand why.
Why is my “dismissal”, as you like to call it, wrong?

by your standards aren’t you dismissing my presentation right now? Rather hypocritical, don’t you think?

Forum List

Back