Twitter Fact Checks trump's Tweets. Labels Two As Misleading

trump went off on a tirade against mail in voting again. This time on Twitter. He posted a bunch of lies.

Twitter labeled them as misleading. They should come out and say it's a lie because what he tweeted is a lie.

Twitter? Really? They are NOTORIOUSLY anti-Trump, and should NEVER be taken seriously concerning anything political. Come on, Dana you're smarter than this (I think).

Hold on, so after reading what you wrote then it is safe to say whatever Trump writes on Twitter should never be taken seriously, right?

Look, Trump spew nonsense on their daily and he go fact checked on a few of his tweets by the platform he uses, and now he is upset, and in my opinion he should grow the fuck up!

Prove his comments to be factual with accurate proof and not just spew his opinion and claim it should be consider as Holy as the words in the Bible...
/——-/ “Prove his comments to be factual with accurate proof and not just spew his opinion”

Of course you live by that standard here on USMB.

Hold the fuck on and you are telling me that the President of the United States of America should not be forced to prove his comments to be true just because of some fucking message board that has less than one percent of Twitter followers?

Seriously?

Let get something straight when a fucking politician spews misleading comments and know he does not have the evidence to support it then yes he or she should be fact checked no matter who they are!

Where Twitter went wrong is they never fact check the lies by those like Cortez while wanting to fact check Trump stupidity.

Had they used this system on other Politicians or Celebrities then Trump had nothing to whine and bitch about but seeing Twitter has never done that before against anyone in Politics or Entertainment make what they did to Trump a first and let me be clear if they do not apply the same standard across the board this will sink Twitter.

So do not use the USMB as an excuse to excuse Trump for his laziness to back his comments with factual evidence to support it because that is some real bullshit right there from you!
/——/ He is free to speak his mind with the understanding that his enemies will attack him and any source he cites. BTW. You can’t prove there won’t be voter fraud with mail in ballots. Ever hear of counterfeiting?
He is free to speak his mind but he holds public office and is the leader of our country which comes with a certain level of responsibility. He is privy to top secret intelligence and have access to information that the general public does not have. He also to an oath to uphold the public trust. Lying and spread unsubstantiated conspiracy theories to advance a political al agenda is breach of that trust and an embarrassment to the office he holds. He deserves to have his feet held to the fire over the kind of bullshit he spews. That goes for anybody else in leadership/influential positions.
/——/ He’s not lying and we’ve provided proof all morning long.
Just because you say it’s proof, doesn’t make it proof. I haven’t been shown a thing, just a buttload of BS
/----/ You can't prove he is lying, and we've posted evidence of voter fraud all morning wrong. So, pick one and refute it, loser.
He didn’t say there would be voter fraud he said there would be significant fraud making the election rigged. This is complete BS. Cherry picking a few examples of fraud over the course of years where may have been a few thousand while billions of Legit votes Were cast does not prove anything. Trump is baiting the suckers and you appear to be one of the suckers.
/——-/ Here are 28 million examples you can dismiss with a snear and wave of the hand: More than 28M mail-in ballots have reportedly gone missing in last decade
trump went off on a tirade against mail in voting again. This time on Twitter. He posted a bunch of lies.

Twitter labeled them as misleading. They should come out and say it's a lie because what he tweeted is a lie.

Twitter? Really? They are NOTORIOUSLY anti-Trump, and should NEVER be taken seriously concerning anything political. Come on, Dana you're smarter than this (I think).

Hold on, so after reading what you wrote then it is safe to say whatever Trump writes on Twitter should never be taken seriously, right?

Look, Trump spew nonsense on their daily and he go fact checked on a few of his tweets by the platform he uses, and now he is upset, and in my opinion he should grow the fuck up!

Prove his comments to be factual with accurate proof and not just spew his opinion and claim it should be consider as Holy as the words in the Bible...
/——-/ “Prove his comments to be factual with accurate proof and not just spew his opinion”

Hold the fuck on and you are telling me that the President of the United States of America should not be forced to prove his comments to be true just because of some fucking message board that has less than one percent of Twitter followers?

Seriously?

Let get something straight when a fucking politician spews misleading comments and know he does not have the evidence to support it then yes he or she should be fact checked no matter who they are!

Where Twitter went wrong is they never fact check the lies by those like Cortez while wanting to fact check Trump stupidity.

Had they used this system on other Politicians or Celebrities then Trump had nothing to whine and bitch about but seeing Twitter has never done that before against anyone in Politics or Entertainment make what they did to Trump a first and let me be clear if they do not apply the same standard across the board this will sink Twitter.

So do not use the USMB as an excuse to excuse Trump for his laziness to back his comments with factual evidence to support it because that is some real bullshit right there from you!
/——/ He is free to speak his mind with the understanding that his enemies will attack him and any source he cites. BTW. You can’t prove there won’t be voter fraud with mail in ballots. Ever hear of counterfeiting?
He is free to speak his mind but he holds public office and is the leader of our country which comes with a certain level of responsibility. He is privy to top secret intelligence and have access to information that the general public does not have. He also to an oath to uphold the public trust. Lying and spread unsubstantiated conspiracy theories to advance a political al agenda is breach of that trust and an embarrassment to the office he holds. He deserves to have his feet held to the fire over the kind of bullshit he spews. That goes for anybody else in leadership/influential positions.
Just because you say it’s proof, doesn’t make it proof. I haven’t been shown a thing, just a buttload of BS
/----/ You can't prove he is lying, and we've posted evidence of voter fraud all morning wrong. So, pick one and refute it, loser.
He didn’t say there would be voter fraud he said there would be significant fraud making the election rigged. This is complete BS. Cherry picking a few examples of fraud over the course of years where may have been a few thousand while billions of Legit votes Were cast does not prove anything. Trump is baiting the suckers and you appear to be one of the suckers.
/——-/ Here are 28 million examples you can dismiss with a snear and wave of the hand: More than 28M mail-in ballots have reportedly gone missing in last decade
What your article points to are not examples of fraudulent votes. They are “opportunities for fraudulent votes” from ballots being sent to the wrong address or to deceased individuals. The evidence of people actually committing voter fraud with those ballads is statistically nil. This is why your arguments are so weak. Here is a quote from your article from the guy its based off.

““Putting the election in the hands of the United States Postal Service would be a catastrophe,” PILF President J. Christian Adams said in a statement. “Over the recent decade, there were 28 million missing and misdirected ballots. These represent 28 million opportunities for someone to cheat.”

See this is a guy with an obvious agenda, which is fine, but he isnt presenting evidence of fraud. Only potential. As I’ve said before. Take measures to make the process better, but don’t lie about its performance in the past. And for you... you should stop making excuses for these lies
/-----/ No matter what we present - you automatically dismiss it. And we understand why.
Why is my “dismissal”, as you like to call it, wrong?

by your standards aren’t you dismissing my presentation right now? Rather hypocritical, don’t you think?
/---/ We get it - Orange Man bad
intolerant lib.jpg

Seriously? Twitter is infested with vile lies. So, it's just Trump that is telling lies? :auiqs.jpg:
And that makes it okay with you? The President of the United States of America behaving like this?

I would think Twitter trying to censor his thoughts and opinions would bother you more. It seems as if he is the only one that has to be fact-checked or censored. Nevermind the millions of other people on the platform telling lies and misleading people. Nope, not even the Hollywood elite are capable of telling lies, just Trump. Oh, and don't mind other politicians on Twitter misleading people. Just Trump.

Do I want my president acting that way? Of course not. That still doesn't excuse Twitter suddenly getting the urge to arbitrate the exchange of thoughts and opinions.
Twitter stepped into the shit and will probably have to change that policy. It won't work. It's wrong.

I just find it sad (and more importantly, a truly disturbing symptom) that a person who behaves like this is President.

They aren't changing it anytime soon.

Twitter tagged another one of his tweets he sent out overnight.

The tag was for violating their TOS policy of not promoting violence.

trump is very upset about it.

It looks to me that trump and his followers believe that free speech means you can say anything you want no matter what but anyone who doesn't agree with them or points out that they are violating the TOS rules of a private company doesn't have the right to free speech. Basically free speech is for anyone who says what trump and his followers want everyone to hear.

Seriously? Twitter is infested with vile lies. So, it's just Trump that is telling lies? :auiqs.jpg:
And that makes it okay with you? The President of the United States of America behaving like this?

I would think Twitter trying to censor his thoughts and opinions would bother you more. It seems as if he is the only one that has to be fact-checked or censored. Nevermind the millions of other people on the platform telling lies and misleading people. Nope, not even the Hollywood elite are capable of telling lies, just Trump. Oh, and don't mind other politicians on Twitter misleading people. Just Trump.

Do I want my president acting that way? Of course not. That still doesn't excuse Twitter suddenly getting the urge to arbitrate the exchange of thoughts and opinions.
Twitter stepped into the shit and will probably have to change that policy. It won't work. It's wrong.

I just find it sad (and more importantly, a truly disturbing symptom) that a person who behaves like this is President.

It looks to me that trump and his followers believe that free speech means you can say anything you want no matter what but anyone who doesn't agree with them or points out that they are violating the TOS rules of a private company doesn't have the right to free speech. Basically free speech is for anyone who says what trump and his followers want everyone to hear.

Trump forwarded a tweet that said "the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat".

This is how far the presidency has fallen.

Wow.

Just Wow.

I didn't want to agree with Hillary when she talked about some trump supporters being a basket full of deplorable people but there really can't be much denying it.

trump people could take that literally and start murdering who they think are democrats.

I'm so sad and afraid for our nation.

Wow.

Just Wow.

I didn't want to agree with Hillary when she talked about some trump supporters being a basket full of deplorable people but there really can't be much denying it.

trump people could take that literally and start murdering who they think are democrats.

This too shall pass. I think it's more of a last gasp than a new trend.

Seriously?

Here is proof that mail in voting isn't fraud.

It's been happening all over the nation for decades.

Whether it's like my state being 100% mail in voting or like the 46 states that has mail in voting along with in person voting, there's no fraud.

Here's the results of a study done on the 100% mail in voting in my state for the 2018 election. The conclusion was the same as all other studies on voting. There is no fraud.

Seriously?

/——-/ Refute anything in this article. We’ll wait while you gather your notes. Voter Fraud
I don’t need to refute anything in the article because it doesn’t have anything to do with the issues I have with Trumps tweet. Citing 11 examples and hundreds of arrests made over decades only helps show that the fraud cases are statistically irrelevant to the overall votes being cast. I have no problem making our voting system better and more efficient, but Trump is making outrageous and untrue claims that do not align with facts... so that shit needs to be called out. Do you have anything else?

There was a special election in California a couple weeks ago for the 25th district House seat.

Everyone in the district was sent a mail in ballot.

The results? The republican won.

Are the trump followers going to say that all mail in election was fraud?

Will they even acknowledge the election and it's results?

No. Of course not.

So is Twitter going to be fact checking every politican that uses their platform or just those they disagree with? Even though I personally consider fact checking a joke the fact Twitter fact checked Trump is not the issue at least not for me the isuue is are they going to be doing this across the board with everyone in a fair and consistent manner or is going to be nothing more than a partisan joke. I am not on Twitter but I have no doubt if you go through the Twitter accounts of high profile Democrats you will find stuff that is misleading or an outright lie that has not been fact checked by them and labeled as such.
I’d be fine with them fact checking anybody who is an “Influencer” and in public office. I also would t mind licenses journalist being fact checked. These people have a responsibility to be honest with the information the present as news. The rest of us turds can say whatever the hell we want

I'm sorry but journalists don't have a license. I have never heard of such a thing.

I'm a photo journalist. I have been for decades. I have never had to have any sort of license. Yes. I have photo credentials from my employers but no formal license.

Maybe that's that you're talking about. The credentials from a publication or news outlet. That happens a lot. A media outlet will yank a journalist's credentials if they've gone too far in their reporting.

There are fact checking outlets all over the internet.

Seriously?

/——-/ Refute anything in this article. We’ll wait while you gather your notes. Voter Fraud
I don’t need to refute anything in the article because it doesn’t have anything to do with the issues I have with Trumps tweet. Citing 11 examples and hundreds of arrests made over decades only helps show that the fraud cases are statistically irrelevant to the overall votes being cast. I have no problem making our voting system better and more efficient, but Trump is making outrageous and untrue claims that do not align with facts... so that shit needs to be called out. Do you have anything else?

There was a special election in California a couple weeks ago for the 25th district House seat.

Everyone in the district was sent a mail in ballot.

The results? The republican won.

Are the trump followers going to say that all mail in election was fraud?

Will they even acknowledge the election and it's results?

No. Of course not.

/——/ Of course we will take the win. But, just because my local bank wasn’t robbed this morning, it does mean no banks were robbed.

Speaking of empty threats, Reuters reports, "U.S. President Donald Trump will sign an executive order on social media companies on Thursday, White House officials said after Trump threatened to shut down the platform he accused of stifling conservative voices.

"The officials, who spoke to reporters traveling with Trump to Washington from Florida aboard Air Force One on Wednesday, gave no further details."

I think it is fair to say, Trump doesn't know the further details. There is not a thing he can do, and he knows it.

Despite Trump’s threats to the contrary, Twitter is not violating the First Amendment by marking up his tweets. Unlike the government, Twitter is a private company that can moderate its users’ speech as it pleases, without legal penalty.

I am really looking forward to seeing that E.O.

Fact checking isn't preventing free speech or taking someone's free speech from them.

In fact, those who would silence fact checkers are the ones who are preventing free speech and taking someone's free speech from them. The fact that trump is using the government to prevent Twitter from having free speech is illegal. The government can't do anything to stop free speech. Which is exactly what trump is doing.

Twitter didn't do anything to stop trump from posting. They didn't remove his post. All they did was add a fact check.

That's not against the first Amendment or illegal.

Using the government to prevent Twitter from fact checking is a violation of the first amendment and is a civil crime.

No matter what trump does, he can't prevent Twitter from fact checking his posts.
Well said

Thank you.

Trump forwarded a tweet that said "the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat".

This is how far the presidency has fallen.

Sweetie I just don't have the words to express how I feel about this.

All I can do is tell everyone it's not enough anymore for you to vote. You have to get everyone you know to vote. Get everyone you know to get everyone they know to vote and so on.

Have voting parties. If you don't vote mail in, then have a caravan of vehicles or people marching to the voting polls. After you vote, go party. Celebrate the fact that you contributed to the democratic process that so many before us gave their lives to make sure we can do.

Help people to vote. If someone needs a ride give them a ride. If someone needs their kids watched help them find someone to watch their kids. If someone needs to spend their whole Saturday standing in line, help them have a mask and all they need to stand in that line. Maybe a chair or food or beverage etc. Or if you see people having to stand in line to vote, offer them food or beverage.

I know that it's been said before but really, it's true. This coming election is one of the most important elections in our lifetimes.

If you're required to request a mail in ballot in your state, start the process to request it now.

Make sure you're still on the voting rolls in your state.

Tell everyone you know to do the same thing.

That is the only answer I have to what trump and his followers are doing and saying.

I may not like Biden but I'll take Biden any day over what we have now.

Wow.

Just Wow.

I'm one of those people who observe. I also listen. I hear what is said then watch what is done.

I'm 59 now, soon to be 60, in all my years of life I have never, ever, even once ever seen or heard of any president advocate or repeat, or retweet any thing that advocated to kill any American. Much less for the only reason that person being of the other political party.

I watched as the giant purges of people from voting rolls started to happen in the 2000 election. Nothing was done to stop it and noting was done to prevent it from happening again. So it continued to happen.

I watched as the voting rights act was shredded by our Supreme Court.

Then I watched as states passed laws to prevent democrats from voting using ID and voter fraud as the excuse.

Basically I've watched as republicans have managed to use vote suppression and gerrymandering to force a government on us that we don't want.

We basically have the minority forcing themselves on the majority of the people in this nation.

That minority is scared to death of losing their power and has no problem using any means they cant to retain it. You name it, they have done it. From slander to lies to propaganda to forging documents to so many others.

Now we have the leader of our nation sending out videos of someone calling for democrats to be killed.

Don't think they can't go lower than this. Every time I think that, trump and his followers prove me wrong.

There is no low too low for these people.

I just hope innocent people don't have to die because of this.

I will never, ever, underestimate the republican's ability to lie, steal and cheat to win an election.

There is no guarantee trump will be gone next year.

Last edited:

Wow.

Just Wow.

I'm one of those people who observe. I also listen. I hear what is said then watch what is done.

I'm 59 now, soon to be 60, in all my years of life I have never, ever, even once ever seen or heard of any president advocate or repeat, or retweet any thing that advocated to kill any American. Much less for the only reason that person being of the other political party.

I watched as the giant purges of people from voting rolls started to happen in the 2000 election. Nothing was done to stop it and noting was done to prevent it from happening again. So it continued to happen.

I watched as the voting rights act was shredded by our Supreme Court.

Then I watched as states passed laws to prevent democrats from voting using ID and voter fraud as the excuse.

Basically I've watched as republicans have managed to use vote suppression and gerrymandering to force a government on us that we don't want.

We basically have the minority forcing themselves on the majority of the people in this nation.

That minority is scared to death of losing their power and has no problem using any means they cant to retain it. You name it, they have done it. From slander to lies to propaganda to forging documents to so many others.

Now we have the leader of our nation sending out videos of someone calling for democrats to be killed.

Don't think they can't go lower than this. Every time I think that, trump and his followers prove me wrong.

There is no low too low for these people.

I just hope innocent people don't have to die because of this.
One of the worst parts of this is that, the forwarding of this tweet should be a national outrage.

Yet it barely registers. He's brought us so far into the gutter that we're USED to it now.

What do they call it -- "defining deviancy down".

Seriously?

Seriously?

What your article points to are not examples of fraudulent votes. They are “opportunities for fraudulent votes” from ballots being sent to the wrong address or to deceased individuals. The evidence of people actually committing voter fraud with those ballads is statistically nil. This is why your arguments are so weak. Here is a quote from your article from the guy its based off.

““Putting the election in the hands of the United States Postal Service would be a catastrophe,” PILF President J. Christian Adams said in a statement. “Over the recent decade, there were 28 million missing and misdirected ballots. These represent 28 million opportunities for someone to cheat.”

See this is a guy with an obvious agenda, which is fine, but he isnt presenting evidence of fraud. Only potential. As I’ve said before. Take measures to make the process better, but don’t lie about its performance in the past. And for you... you should stop making excuses for these lies
/-----/ No matter what we present - you automatically dismiss it. And we understand why.
Why is my “dismissal”, as you like to call it, wrong?

by your standards aren’t you dismissing my presentation right now? Rather hypocritical, don’t you think?
/---/ We get it - Orange Man bad
View attachment 342524
Thank you. Just as I predicted. Respond with insults and not on the substance. Thanks for playing.

So is Twitter going to be fact checking every politican that uses their platform or just those they disagree with? Even though I personally consider fact checking a joke the fact Twitter fact checked Trump is not the issue at least not for me the isuue is are they going to be doing this across the board with everyone in a fair and consistent manner or is going to be nothing more than a partisan joke. I am not on Twitter but I have no doubt if you go through the Twitter accounts of high profile Democrats you will find stuff that is misleading or an outright lie that has not been fact checked by them and labeled as such.
I’d be fine with them fact checking anybody who is an “Influencer” and in public office. I also would t mind licenses journalist being fact checked. These people have a responsibility to be honest with the information the present as news. The rest of us turds can say whatever the hell we want

I'm sorry but journalists don't have a license. I have never heard of such a thing.

I'm a photo journalist. I have been for decades. I have never had to have any sort of license. Yes. I have photo credentials from my employers but no formal license.

Maybe that's that you're talking about. The credentials from a publication or news outlet. That happens a lot. A media outlet will yank a journalist's credentials if they've gone too far in their reporting.

There are fact checking outlets all over the internet.
I realize there is little regulation in place because of freedom of speech and I’m fine with the free expression of most anything however I would support some kind of credential system that outlets and journalist can use to display if they are presenting verified facts or opinions. I think the public deserves trustworthy outlets and that has eroded to dangerous levels over the years.

let the National Enquirers and conspiracy theorists and Hannitys say whatever they want. But they should be labeled as something different than people presenting real news.

Whatever happened to freedom of speech?
Who do you think is restricting speech and how?

No one restrict nor did anyone change what Trump tweeted... What was done was a fact check which is not stopping Trump tweet but stating that his tweet may not be factual.

Now Trump could have countered with his own sources and made a serious debate about it but instead he went into another direction.

Private companies and websites can restrict the usage of their sites and Trump Executive Order is just him throwing a fit being told he just can not spew stuff without proof..

No one restrict nor did anyone change what Trump tweeted... What was done was a fact check which is not stopping Trump tweet but stating that his tweet may not be factual.

Now Trump could have countered with his own sources and made a serious debate about it but instead he went into another direction.

Private companies and websites can restrict the usage of their sites and Trump Executive Order is just him throwing a fit being told he just can not spew stuff without proof..
Your post is full of lies. Totally incorrect.

Your post is full of lies. Totally incorrect.
This is the point where you state what they are...

Forum List

Back