Twitter, Facebook: $51 Billion Combined Market Value Erased Since Trump Ban

and they haven't flinched at the decision.

Yeah. I just hope there are eyes on the short positions before this decision.

Ultimately, they haven't flinched, but their shareholders have.

Just wait until Europe and other nations decide "maybe these big tech companies aren't so benevolent and unpolitical after all"
The only fucker on here really thinking. Ya the short positions are interesting. Can't say who shorted it but the volumes tell a story. Volume went up before jan 6. So some one knew what was coming. Lol. Short it before you make it tank. Watch stock go down buy quietly as it falls wait for public amnesia to let stock rise quietly selling at profit along the way. Make money on both ends. What a scam. Yall really think something is going to take its place in the near future? I don't know the date stock will start rising again but I am sure it will fall till at least th 20th. My guess and just a guess at this point 2 to 3 weeks after 20th till it will rise again. I need to go back and review minimizing and maximizing eclipses to many years not making calculations as such. Money to be made watching this stock going up and down I am sure.

Actually Twitter CEO did.
Said right there for all to see/read.... admitting it "sets a dangerous precedent"... as well as admitting the two social giants have too much power.
Also stating they need to take a harder look at policies, and how they have failed.
And yet the decision has not been countermanded.
Exactly why Social Media is in desperate need to be regulated, specifically, they cannot ban anyone unless they SPECIFICALLY call to violence.
You can read Trumps speech and Tweets that got him banned.
He didn't call for violence. In fact, he said the opposite. He told followers " peacefully assemble and protest in Washington".... pretty huge stretch to say that is calling for violence.
At the same time, other tweets made by leftist elected officials - SPECIFICALLY - encouraging violence, outright telling people to do so - are not only not banned, but the tweets are still there.
If you defend an institution that does this, then you are not for fairness and democratic principles... rather support fascism and unequal treatment.
That decision is for the courts to decide if Trump wants to sue.
Trump is not my worry. I wish he would have banned himself on Twitter 3 years ago.
My worry is we are seeing mass censoring on a scale never seen before in this country, much akin to China.
We have had canaries in the mine now for several years, most comedians will no longer go to college campuses anymore, speakers getting shut out... shouted down. This is fundamental change that is occurring, and it is not a change anyone should like.
When it suits you, or doesn't.

There are literally millions of posts by conservatives on twitter, facebook and other social media outlets as we speak.
Which has nothing to do with the censoring that has happened.
I don't believe anyone is saying no conservatives are being heard anywhere.

Great. So, you're saying that conservatives have the right to violate the TOS of twitter, facebook and others? Or are you saying that Parler has the right to host it's content on AWS even though they also broke the TOS?

LMFAO
( can I say that here ?)

Jack --"Don't worry Mark. The Chinese will reimburse all that as soon as Biden gets back in..."
View attachment 442815

Social media giants Facebook and Twitter have collectively seen $51.2 billion in combined market value wiped out over the last two trading sessions since they banned President Donald Trump from their platforms following the U.S. Capitol breach.

Large tech firms and a number of Democratic political figures have claimed Trump incited violence at the U.S. Capitol last week. The incident disrupted debates in both the House and Senate as lawmakers were forced to shelter in place while police and security attempted to seize back control.

Are they crying as much as you are?

Said right there for all to see/read.... admitting it "sets a dangerous precedent"... as well as admitting the two social giants have too much power.
Also stating they need to take a harder look at policies, and how they have failed.
Exactly why Social Media is in desperate need to be regulated, specifically, they cannot ban anyone unless they SPECIFICALLY call to violence.
He didn't call for violence. In fact, he said the opposite. He told followers " peacefully assemble and protest in Washington".... pretty huge stretch to say that is calling for violence.
At the same time, other tweets made by leftist elected officials - SPECIFICALLY - encouraging violence, outright telling people to do so - are not only not banned, but the tweets are still there.
If you defend an institution that does this, then you are not for fairness and democratic principles... rather support fascism and unequal treatment.
Trump is not my worry. I wish he would have banned himself on Twitter 3 years ago.
My worry is we are seeing mass censoring on a scale never seen before in this country, much akin to China.
We have had canaries in the mine now for several years, most comedians will no longer go to college campuses anymore, speakers getting shut out... shouted down. This is fundamental change that is occurring, and it is not a change anyone should like.

There are literally millions of posts by conservatives on twitter, facebook and other social media outlets as we speak.

Great. So, you're saying that conservatives have the right to violate the TOS of twitter, facebook and others? Or are you saying that Parler has the right to host it's content on AWS even though they also broke the TOS?
Yeah... so where exactly did I say anything of the sort?
Or even something that could be loosely associated in the universe of that question?
I will ask you this, do you think, for even a moment, that the TOS are enforced evenly? Even, kinda close.
Right now... you can go to twitter and look up old tweets by several, several elected officials... media clowns... hollyweirdos... that applauded/excused violence all of last year. Do you know how long the Kathy Gifford decapitated head of Trump stayed up?
The problem with the TOS, isn't the TOS. it is the people who are determining when to employ it. And when not to.
Donald Trump... somehow the President of the United States... made a speech, and a couple tweets about that day and protest.
You can read that speech, it it's entirety all over the web. You can read tweets. In none of those, did he call for violence. In fact, he did the opposite. He actually talked about peaceful protest. Look it up.
Twitter CEO himself admitted they have too much power, and that banning the President could be setting a terrible precedent.

Or even something that could be loosely associated in the universe of that question?
I will ask you this, do you think, for even a moment, that the TOS are enforced evenly? Even, kinda close.

Do you have any proof that they aren't? A bunch of Q-Anon idiots and other wingnuts have been clamoring for violence on twitter and elsewhere for quite some time. They then attacked the capital in other words those threats were real. Now those types of threats will be taken more seriously.

Right now... you can go to twitter and look up old tweets by several, several elected officials... media clowns... hollyweirdos... that applauded/excused violence all of last year. Do you know how long the Kathy Gifford decapitated head of Trump stayed up?

Probably but it's best if you actually provided examples to support your argument.

The problem with the TOS, isn't the TOS. it is the people who are determining when to employ it. And when not to.
Donald Trump... somehow the President of the United States... made a speech, and a couple tweets about that day and protest.

Crybaby. Trump should be banned, he's been foaming at the mouth about being cheated in the election and building up tempers of you crazy ass weirdos and look what you guys go and do with it. As a country we don't got time for that.

You can read that speech, it it's entirety all over the web. You can read tweets. In none of those, did he call for violence. In fact, he did the opposite. He actually talked about peaceful protest. Look it up.
Twitter CEO himself admitted they have too much power, and that banning the President could be setting a terrible precedent.

And yet it's Trump's supporters attacking the capital.

Do you have any proof that they aren't? A bunch of Q-Anon idiots and other wingnuts have been clamoring for violence on twitter and elsewhere for quite some time. They then attacked the capital in other words those threats were real. Now those types of threats will be taken more seriously.

Probably but it's best if you actually provided examples to support your argument.

Crybaby. Trump should be banned, he's been foaming at the mouth about being cheated in the election and building up tempers of you crazy ass weirdos and look what you guys go and do with it. As a country we don't got time for that.

READ: "I am ok with big tech banning people I don't like.

READ: "I am ok with big tech banning people I don't like.

Not at all. People who promote conservative ideals shouldn't be banned and they aren't. Assholes who threaten others and the country with violence and are obviously willing to take action should be banned from social media platforms.

If you want to continue to bitch and whine like a little girl about it then so be it, you have that right.

Anyone wanting to go back to My Space? Are they even around? There is a site called MeWe, not sure if that is a good place or not, but they claim they don't allow spyware or ads, a friend told me about it, wanted me to join but I am just not into any of that.
Try Gab when you can.

LMFAO
( can I say that here ?)

Jack --"Don't worry Mark. The Chinese will reimburse all that as soon as Biden gets back in..."
View attachment 442815

Social media giants Facebook and Twitter have collectively seen $51.2 billion in combined market value wiped out over the last two trading sessions since they banned President Donald Trump from their platforms following the U.S. Capitol breach.

Large tech firms and a number of Democratic political figures have claimed Trump incited violence at the U.S. Capitol last week. The incident disrupted debates in both the House and Senate as lawmakers were forced to shelter in place while police and security attempted to seize back control.

Meanwhile back in reality, FB flirted with a 52 week high close today.

IMG_4769.jpg

MLB and Woka Cola will soon learn the same lessen...America is not Twitter....Hollywood....and rich jocks....
America is MAGA...

Forum List

Back