Coping with endless media.

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
How are you coping with media that just won't quit after the last election? Here is one thing I am doing:
I am retired but while I am not at the gym or doing errands for my wife who is still working, I have the TV on all day more for companionship than entertainment or news. Since the election I have put put the TV on the Weather Channel and left it there to escape the chaos. On the regular channels every event is "breaking news" and I am bored and sick of it.

What are you doing to cope?

How are you coping with media that just won't quit after the last election? Here is one thing I am doing:
I am retired but while I am not at the gym or doing errands for my wife who is still working, I have the TV on all day more for companionship than entertainment or news. Since the election I have put put the TV on the Weather Channel and left it there to escape the chaos. On the regular channels every event is "breaking news" and I am bored and sick of it.

CNBC or Bloomberg business channels. Always like to watch the opening of the Asia markets in the afternoon and early evening. Takes my mind off the news (for the most part). Listen to financial podcasts.

TCM, Roku, Disney+, DC Universe, Peacock.

I'm about halfway through season 3 of The Real McCoys.

There is actually some pretty good content on the Weather Channel. I may learn something.

Last edited:
TCM, Roku, Disney+, DC Universe, Peacock.

I'm about halfway through season 3 of The Real McCoys.
I loved that! I remember that grandpappy Amos was cranky, but had a proverbial heart of gold.

Free on Peacock.

also watched several other series start to finish.
I have some of that stuff preloaded on my 65 inch TV. I'll wait till my wife comes home to activate it. The last time I activated something we unwittingly invested in technology, doubling our monthly bill.

I really dig the way Newsmax simply parroting the left's talking points about that riot being Trump's fault and was a genuine insurrection.
Don't trust Newsmax either folks.

Most of the Movies and TV shows nowadays a loaded with Left Wing hate and stereotyping.
Streaming TV services off some relief.
I like science and history shows.
The BBC TV is much better than American TV.

I stopped watching TV as a form of twenty years ago....

Forum List

Back