Twelve Years A Slave

The angry black man.

Was that supposed to be an insult? :lol: If a person has no emotion about his ancestors, his current peers, and his descendants being programmed for perpetual slavery I would question his heart and his resolve to better his people.
Programmed for perpetual slavery? Kinda like the way the Democrats have been programming them for half a century now through welfare and government dependency?

Its not just the Dems.

The angry black man.

Was that supposed to be an insult? :lol: If a person has no emotion about his ancestors, his current peers, and his descendants being programmed for perpetual slavery I would question his heart and his resolve to better his people.
Programmed for perpetual slavery? Kinda like the way the Democrats have been programming them for half a century now through welfare and government dependency?

You would THINK that there would be a more genuine Classic Liberal distrust of govt power and reach given what Asclepias just stated..

The remedy for being "programmed for perpetual slavery" doesn't seem to logically lead to being a fan of low risk residence in a welfare state.. And a fan of special deals and priveleges..

You would THINK that there would be a more genuine Classic Liberal distrust of govt power and reach given what Asclepias just stated..

The remedy for being "programmed for perpetual slavery" doesn't seem to logically lead to being a fan of low risk residence in a welfare state.. And a fan of special deals and priveleges..

Its a pretty simple explanation. If you feel under siege and someone reaches out to help, most people don't stop to consider the help may be detrimental in the long run.

You can definitely bet it was based on economics then justified by racism. Just look at the amount of validation created for enslaving Black people by taking away their humanity. Being an indentured servant doesnt really compare because you at least have the hope that one day you will be free and its not just because of what ethnicity you are.

It was a crazy mix of economics, racism, and denial.. But I don't see how a plantation slave owner could trust his very youngins to a bevvy of black women house staff every day believin' entirely in a "non-human" form of racism. Or promote a selected minority of their enslaved workers to positions of tremendous positions of responsibility in the biz..

Sometimes I think that the racism aspect was largely an external facade to maintain the evil franchise and a convienient excuse for an owner to act in rage and stupidity..

Racism was definitely used to excuse slavery. Whites left their children precisely because they so secure they were superior that they couldn't conceive of Black people being able to form a coherent thought to retaliate. Sort of how like people trust their dogs around their children. Blacks definitely fed into the dumb act to keep down the amount of fear among whites.

Possibly not a "dumb act" but human nature. And the family owners certainly had no fears of the "inferior" intellect affecting the development of the children.. After all, there were skills to learn from the black nannies also.. Don't think you can claim that access to the Big House and children, learning social manners, and aspects of the business were things that were BELOW the ability of the slaves.

Its a pretty simple explanation. If you feel under siege and someone reaches out to help, most people don't stop to consider the help may be detrimental in the long run.

I'm familiar with that concept. Seems like MY folks are STILL blamed for being avid communist and social radicals when THEY were under seige in Russia and elsewhere.

But there's a diff between genuine compassionate help and pandering.. I think tighter BullShit detectors might be a benefit for living in America today..

It was a crazy mix of economics, racism, and denial.. But I don't see how a plantation slave owner could trust his very youngins to a bevvy of black women house staff every day believin' entirely in a "non-human" form of racism. Or promote a selected minority of their enslaved workers to positions of tremendous positions of responsibility in the biz..

Sometimes I think that the racism aspect was largely an external facade to maintain the evil franchise and a convienient excuse for an owner to act in rage and stupidity..

Racism was definitely used to excuse slavery. Whites left their children precisely because they so secure they were superior that they couldn't conceive of Black people being able to form a coherent thought to retaliate. Sort of how like people trust their dogs around their children. Blacks definitely fed into the dumb act to keep down the amount of fear among whites.

Possibly not a "dumb act" but human nature. And the family owners certainly had no fears of the "inferior" intellect affecting the development of the children.. After all, there were skills to learn from the black nannies also.. Don't think you can claim that access to the Big House and children, learning social manners, and aspects of the business were things that were BELOW the ability of the slaves.

Yes it really was an act consciously done to put whites at ease. Lots of slaves were pretty damn skillful at it and also just blending into the background while whites talked about things they shouldn't right in front of them. if they saw a chance to gain more skills they let a little more intelligence show after making sure it would not spook whites.

Its not just the Dems.
Please elaborate on that one.

I'm familiar with that concept. Seems like MY folks are STILL blamed for being avid communist and social radicals when THEY were under seige in Russia and elsewhere.

But there's a diff between genuine compassionate help and pandering.. I think tighter BullShit detectors might be a benefit for living in America today..

There are some really compassionate people out there and there are some people looking to take advantage. Ive always been the type to have someone hlep me by teaching me something and not giving me something except more knowledge.

I predict a lot of knock out games happening the night this movie premieres. I think every slave movie should be followed by a knock out game movie. Lets get everyone riled up.

Its not just the Dems.

For the most part its not really a political thing as much as a social thing. Its either you need help and you are incapable or I dont care what you've been through pull yourself up by your boot straps.

Its not just the Dems.

For the most part its not really a political thing as much as a social thing. Its either you need help and you are incapable or I dont care what you've been through pull yourself up by your boot straps.
You seem to favor the "you need help" approach. Just curious, what terrible things have you been through that sets you apart from all the other races in this country?

You seem to favor the "you need help" approach. Just curious, what terrible things have you been through that sets you apart from all the other races in this country?

Definitely but not by much. The way I see it if you are going to help me out I can pick and choose what help I accept. I know the vast majority are wishing to right a wrong even if they feel pity. I can educate those type of people. The vast majority of the ones that dont care are either ignorant, filled with hate for me or both. They are either too stupid or incapacitated by fear to educate. Not hard to pick a side under those circumstances.

Its not just what I've been through personally. Its what my people have been through and continue to go through. No other ethnicity comes close in terms of the amount of damage received at the hands of racists and those looking to make a living off the brainwashing Black people have been put through for multiple generations..

Well whatever the movie's about, it's worth, value, etc., I'm sure seeing what the geniuses on the View thought about it was a lot more important than showing up for your jobs.

I own my own business and my wife has a career where they allow sick days and personal days, so don't worry; your "tax dollars (if there are such coming from you) at all) are NOT supporting us. I am willing to bet that all of those "geniuses on the view" make more money than you do.................

:clap::clap::clap:

Definitely but not by much. The way I see it if you are going to help me out I can pick and choose what help I accept. I know the vast majority are wishing to right a wrong even if they feel pity. I can educate those type of people. The vast majority of the ones that dont care are either ignorant, filled with hate for me or both. They are either too stupid or incapacitated by fear to educate. Not hard to pick a side under those circumstances.

Its not just what I've been through personally. Its what my people have been through and continue to go through. No other ethnicity comes close in terms of the amount of damage received at the hands of racists and those looking to make a living off the brainwashing Black people have been put through for multiple generations..
What HAVE you been through? I know what slaves went through, but they certainly don't "continue" to go through it. You're wrong about blacks suffering at the hands of racists more than any other ethnicity. Jews under Hitler suffered far more than slaves in the U.S. And there's Cambodia, Russia, Vietnam... I think you have a persecution complex, which is part of the brainwashing you mentioned, and I'm willing to bet you vote for the same people who are responsible for brainwashing your people. Am I right?

What HAVE you been through? I know what slaves went through, but they certainly don't "continue" to go through it. You're wrong about blacks suffering at the hands of racists more than any other ethnicity. Jews under Hitler suffered far more than slaves in the U.S. And there's Cambodia, Russia, Vietnam... I think you have a persecution complex, which is part of the brainwashing you mentioned, and I'm willing to bet you vote for the same people who are responsible for brainwashing your people. Am I right?

No actually you are wrong. As I already pointed out no ethnicity went through what we went through for as long as we went through it. The death toll directly contributed to slavery is pretty close if not equal to what the Jewish people went through. They never lost their heritage and had their families split up in an attempt to destroy the family unit because it only lasted about 10-12 years. Its not even in the same ball park to be frank. Of course ignorant people like to down play it but the facts show otherwise.

I'm laughing at your attempt to try and call it a "persecution complex". Knowing what happened to you is not part of brainwashing. Thinking you are helpless because of what happened to you is. You are a big fool if you don't get to the truth of what happened to you and the effects it has on your current behavior. Only people that feel guilty or are attempting to cover up a lie want you to pretend like nothing terrible ever really happened.

Last edited:
Another movie to keep the animosity going?

LOL, if you read the memoirs you can see that many of the heroes were white. The memoirs caused such "animosity in me that I actually posted an excerpt of a White person who acted heroically toward Solomon Winthrop's condition, plight, and the institution of slavery itself.. :lol:

Watched the actor who plays Epps on the Daily Show last night -- right after leaving this thread.. That dialogue you posted gave me enough background to catch a VERY interesting fact.. The actor was asked how he felt about playing a racist southern plantation owner..

He said that not only was Epps a racist, but he was a legendary SOB. So much so that TO TODAY -- Folks in Louisiana have a phrase that goes ------ "Don't be an Epps"

If that's true --- then this guy GOT to be famous by OTHER dominant defects --- not just his warped thoughts on race..

Also if Epps is that legendary, Then poor Soloman had a SERIES of disasters. Being kidnapped and enslaved, and then thru the luck of the draw, getting tossed in with one of the most legendary bastards in LA. history..

:eek:

Last edited:
Well whatever the movie's about, it's worth, value, etc., I'm sure seeing what the geniuses on the View thought about it was a lot more important than showing up for your jobs.

A bad day off is better than a good day at work.

As I already pointed out no ethnicity went through what we went through for as long as we went through it.
"WE"? Your attempt to gain sympathy for something you never experienced makes you a phony.

As I already pointed out no ethnicity went through what we went through for as long as we went through it.
"WE"? Your attempt to gain sympathy for something you never experienced makes you a phony.

Sympathy!!?? :lol: I dont want your sympathy. Stop trying to convince me it didn't happen or it wasnt all that bad. Only stupid people fall for that type of deception.

Forum List

Back