Twelve Years A Slave

I did and I dont see anything. Thats why I asked you to point out exactly what led you to the conclusion I am full of hate. If its just a feeling or assumption you have it wont bother me at all.
I'm not worried about it bothering you, but I know you'll reject anything I put up there as an example. If you really wanted to look at yourself honestly you would do it yourself but I think you're more interested in making me jump through hoops, and that ain't gonna happen.

I think I know myself pretty well and I don't think I'm full of hate. Maybe you can answer this. What is it you think I hate?
I'm done playing your game. I really don't care if you hate Whitey, it's your problem, not mine.

I'm not worried about it bothering you, but I know you'll reject anything I put up there as an example. If you really wanted to look at yourself honestly you would do it yourself but I think you're more interested in making me jump through hoops, and that ain't gonna happen.

I think I know myself pretty well and I don't think I'm full of hate. Maybe you can answer this. What is it you think I hate?
I'm done playing your game. I really don't care if you hate Whitey, it's your problem, not mine.

Game? Who's Whitey? Youre weird SJ.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
It's actually a movie based on the 300+ page memoir I linked to under the link to the movie. It's a good read, I just finished reading it.
Did you know this movie is a remake? I’m watching the original now. It’s called Solomon Northup’s Odyssey. Pretty good but 12 year’s a slave was better. Movies in the 80s were too slow.

White fragility is a defensive response by a white person when their whiteness is highlighted or mentioned, or their racial worldview is challenged, whether this response is conscious or otherwise. Examples: accusing someone of "playing the race card" or claiming someone is making everything about race. This happens because white people have considered themselves "raceless" but not everybody else. Because of this whites are insulated from feelings of racial discomfort.

In the above quote we see an example of white fragility.

Programmed for perpetual slavery? Kinda like the way the Democrats have been programming them for half a century now through welfare and government dependency?

Title 4 or IV of the social security act of 1935 called for grants in aid to be provided to each state as Aid To Dependent Children. Eventually the name of the program was changed to Aid to Families with Dependent Children. This was welfare folks. Assistance for single moms with children without daddy at home. In 1935. Blacks were excluded. Aid to Dependent Children functioned mainly to provide federal grants to help the states maintain state mothers’ aid laws that started in 1910. The program offered aid primarily to poor females who were caring for children without a husband.

The ADC plan was written by the Grace Abbott and Katherine Lenroot who had been former directors of what was at the time called the U.S. Children’s Bureau. The Children’s Bureau’s goal was to provide aid to all children whose mothers without the support of a husband, no matter how they got into that position. From the time of the Childrens Bureau in 1910 until 1965, no one talked about how the welfare state was wrong and created the disintegration of the white family. I read no lectures about the irresponsible white father. The program was not denigrated as something creating dependence on government, it was seen as essential assistance needed to help women without husbands who had children. Only when the law required that others besides whites be included did the story change to how the welfare state was wrong and destructive.

So shut the fuck up with that racist republiKKKlan bullshit.

Yes it really was an act consciously done to put whites at ease. Lots of slaves were pretty damn skillful at it and also just blending into the background while whites talked about things they shouldn't right in front of them. if they saw a chance to gain more skills they let a little more intelligence show after making sure it would not spook whites.
Slaves and servants have always been invisible.

Whites have had way more then a 200 year "head start"
My ass. One of my ancestors came over here on an indenture without two shillings to his name (it was in the 1760s). Another came over during the Civil War, he married a 100% Comanche woman. Another came over from Sweden sometime prior to 1900. I was born and raised dirt poor. Whites have no advantage over other races.

Slaves and servants have always been invisible.
Let’s be honest. Of course when we made them free of course it would be as poor Americans. Of corse we would only give them the lowest paying jobs. Of course we would treat them like second class citizens. We do it to every other minority too. But each of them are making their way in America.

Of course it will be a long time before there will be a fair share of non white men in the executive boardroom.

But how are asians handling this compared to blacks? How about arabs right next to Detroit in Dearborn Michigan? or Iranians in California. Or indians, mexicans.

And women.

White men are in charge.

And do they expect white men aren’t going to show their sons favoritism?

"We"? This from a democrat?
This from a white male American Who gets it. We owe blacks. And we benefit from a society that is clearly racist, misogynistic and homophobic.

But I do believe the black community needs to do more. Test scores prove it. Crime rates prove it. Numbers on welfare prove it. Fatherlessness proves it

At least I realize white America has some blame

This from a white male American Who gets it. We owe blacks. And we benefit from a society that is clearly racist, misogynistic and homophobic.

But I do believe the black community needs to do more. Test scores prove it. Crime rates prove it. Numbers on welfare prove it. Fatherlessness proves it

At least I realize white America has some blame
I argued both sides points and unkotare still disagreed. Lol

Forum List

Back