TULIP (God calls some to atheism)

According to the New Testament, all prophecies are fulfilled.

The church had become the new Israel with whom a descendant of Judah born in Bethlehem would rule (Mi 5:2). Mary's betrothal to Joseph brought Jesus into that house, if I'm not mistaken.

Within the literary contexts, the authors of the New Testament make it all fit. Or perhaps it all fits anyway.

A couple of Israel's prophecies even have some historical confirmation, one being the end of their age. A couple of the prophets even said their age would end by fire, which it did.

Weird that's what you say when you discovered the Bible did mention it,
Oh really? Quote those verses for us. You SURE? You SURE it's not one of those, "fill in the blanks to retrofit to the prophecy"? Of course you are sure. Which is why you are going to quote, very quickly and easily, the verses for us that will in no way look like you filled in some blanks to retrofit it.

Personally, I am OK with vasuderatorrent not needing God in his life. Or anyone else for that matter. But they are kidding themselves if they don't believe they are missing out on anything. Which is probably why they are trying to convince others that they wouldn't be missing out on anything either.

Total depravity means we are hopelessly wicked without God.
I disagree.
Unconditional election means that God picks people for his own reasons and does not have to meet any specific standard.
I disagree.
Limited atonement means there is not enough salvation to go around for everyone. Many people will be left out.
I disagree.
Irresistable grace means that when God picks you then you will not be able to say no. You will become a faithful follower of God and have no say in the manner.
I disagree.
Preserverance of the saints means that nothing can be done to lose your salvation. You have been chosen and will be preserved eternally.
I disagree.

All of these can be proven false by the light of human reason alone.

For she was a woman, of the race of David, born to Anne her mother and Joachim her father, who was son of Panther. Panther and Melchi were brothers, sons of Levi, of the stock of Nathan, whose father was David of the tribe of Judah.[56]
Good call. From Luke 1:32, we can assume that Mary was Judah. But whether of that house directly or by union, Jesus rebuilt David's tabernacle (Acts 15:16-17).

Besides the end of their age, Israel's prophets also envisioned a kingdom greater than those of the days of empire (Babylon, Persia, Greece, and Rome), notably Daniel. The kingdom of God has done that; it has lasted longer and conquered more land than Rome and lasted longer than all those that Rome succeeded.

To deny the church's growth and impact in the world (the temple of the kingdom) is just ignorance.

Personally, I am OK with @vasuderatorrent not needing God in his life. Or anyone else for that matter. But they are kidding themselves if they don't believe they are missing out on anything. Which is probably why they are trying to convince others that they wouldn't be missing out on anything either.
This is why I am so fond of the Parable of the vineyard workers. Those who worked all day were in a great place all day. Those who only worked for an hour had a less profitable experience (i.e. doing nothing) but the owner doesn't hold doing nothing against them.

Personally, I am OK with @vasuderatorrent not needing God in his life. Or anyone else for that matter. But they are kidding themselves if they don't believe they are missing out on anything. Which is probably why they are trying to convince others that they wouldn't be missing out on anything either.
This is why I am so fond of the Parable of the vineyard workers. Those who worked all day were in a great place all day. Those who only worked for an hour had a less profitable experience (i.e. doing nothing) but the owner doesn't hold doing nothing against them.
That is exactly what that means. On a side note we are cautioned not to be upset by that as detailed by the other son's response in the parable of the prodigal son. And the same can be said about Martha and Mary.

That is exactly what that means. On a side note we are cautioned not to be upset by that as detailed by the other son's response in the parable of the prodigal son. And the same can be said about Martha and Mary.
The cautionary details are in parables that note our time to choose is limited...after paying his workers, the owner did not go out and pay those who did not work; the virgins without oil did not receive extra time, etc. And before we get too carried away with this, recall the verse, "I have other sheep who are not of this fold."

According to the New Testament, all prophecies are fulfilled.

The church had become the new Israel with whom a descendant of Judah born in Bethlehem would rule (Mi 5:2). Mary's betrothal to Joseph brought Jesus into that house, if I'm not mistaken.

Within the literary contexts, the authors of the New Testament make it all fit. Or perhaps it all fits anyway.

A couple of Israel's prophecies even have some historical confirmation, one being the end of their age. A couple of the prophets even said their age would end by fire, which it did.
oh certainly, the 1st century events - and the religious itinerant were intrinsically nothing else but christianity in all considerations and their ardent worshipers so unwittingly claim as their endowment the absolute divine right by that time and as well are inequitably granted through their inalterable lineage their sole posession of the creator of the universe.

But they are kidding themselves if they don't believe they are missing out on anything.

I am missing out on a lot. I would love to talk to an omnipotent deity on a regular basis. Other than that, I can live a Christian life just fine without believing in magic. But yeah. Not being able to hear words from an all knowing deity sucks butt cheeks. However, if those people claiming to talk to God are full blown liars then I guess I am not missing out on too much that I can’t already do. I can even go to church without being dumber than dirt. The churches around here do not have signs on the door that say, “must be dumber than dirt”.

But they are kidding themselves if they don't believe they are missing out on anything.

I am missing out on a lot. I would love to talk to an omnipotent deity on a regular basis. Other than that, I can live a Christian life just fine without believing in magic. But yeah. Not being able to hear words from an all knowing deity sucks butt cheeks.
laughing leads to crying, bro.

I am missing out on a lot. I would love to talk to an omnipotent deity on a regular basis. Other than that, I can live a Christian life just fine without believing in magic. But yeah. Not being able to hear words from an all knowing deity sucks butt cheeks.

Be honest. If God decided to give you the silent treatment, wouldn’t you be disappointed?

Be honest. If God decided to give you the silent treatment, wouldn’t you be disappointed?
You clearly don't understand how this works. God never stops pruning us. The beatings will continue until the morale improves.

Now you be honest, OK? All this is just a game to you, right?

I’m not sure what you mean. No it isn’t scary. So it isn’t all that Serious. But no. I am not lying about anything if that is what you mean. I really do think it would be sweet if God existed and He talked to me. I am not sure you could find anybody that would hate that whether they be atheist, Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Jew or anything at all. 100% of all humans living would want God to talk to them.

If God even said one word to me then I would know He existed and I could start making fun of the atheists for being stupid. Until then I will make fun of liars who say that God talks to them. Yes. It is possible Jay Leno talks to me just not others. The same could be said about God. It is possible God talks to some and not others. Why do I deserve your hatred just because God has bullied, harassed, tortured, manipulated, and ignored me to the point that I am forced to believe He doesn’t exist? That isn’t my fault. I was called of God to be an atheist.

The way God speaks to some to prove His existence, God has spoke to me to prove His nonexistence. It is settled. I don’t deserve your harassment. I will start believing in God as soon as He starts existing. It’s that simple.

Last edited:

I’m not sure what you mean. No it isn’t scary. So it isn’t all that Serious. But no. I am not lying about anything if that is what you mean. I really do think it would be sweet if God existed and He talked to me. I am not sure you could find anybody that would hate that whether they be atheist, Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Jew or anything at all. 100% of all humans living would want God to talk to them.

If God even said one word to me then I would know He existed and I could start making fun of the atheists for being stupid. Until then I will make fun of liars who say that God talks to them. Yes. It is possible Jay Leno talks to me just not others. The same could be said about God. It is possible God talks to some and not others. Why do I deserve your hatred just because God has bullied, harassed, tortured, manipulated, and ignored me to the point that I am forced to believe He doesn’t exist? That isn’t my fault. I was called of God to be an atheist.

The way God speaks to some to prove His existence, God has spoke to me to prove His nonexistence. It is settled. I don’t deserve your harassment. I will start believing in God as soon as He starts existing. It’s that simple.
You can back off the passive aggressive BS with me. It seems you are expecting God to do some magic tricks for you rather than doing any self reflection of your own. Maybe it was because of your silly religious upbringing that you have such silly expectations but that excuse will only go so far as your are an adult now. So I tend to believe you know better and aren't really interested in serious discussion.

You don't have to make up excuses for your atheism. So stop trying to justify your atheism to me. I really don't care what you believe. Just know that you are the sum of your choices. So don't be surprised when these types of behaviors come back to bite you in the ass in the real world.

You can back off the passive aggressive BS with me. It seems you are expecting God to do some magic tricks for you rather than doing any self reflection of your own. Maybe it was because of your silly religious upbringing that you have such silly expectations but that excuse will only go so far as your are an adult now. So I tend to believe you know better and aren't really interested in serious discussion.

You don't have to make up excuses for your atheism. So stop trying to justify your atheism to me. I really don't care what you believe. Just know that you are the sum of your choices. So don't be surprised when these types of behaviors come back to bite you in the ass in the real world.

God doesn’t have to prove himself to me but if he decides that he wants to do that then I am very receptive.

God doesn’t have to prove himself to me but if he decides that he wants to do that then I am very receptive.
Do you believe there is more good than bad in the world?

New Topics

Forum List

Back