Tucker Carlson: Tony Blinken’s Statement Is an Admission the US Was Behind Nord Stream Pipeline Bombings (VIDEO)

Except that all Putin needs do is close the valve. He doesn’t need to blow it up. It costs too must too build and now repair.

He knows much of the world doesn’t give a shit about him or Russia thanks to USG propaganda. So, you thinking he’s going to get sympathy or support from other nations for blowing his pipeline is foolish.
You are completely misunderstanding what I'm saying. Either on purpose or because your bias doesn't allow for you to actually contemplate that you might be wrong.

First, he already shut down the valve. Yet blowing it up still tanked gas prices. This is not a hypothesis. European gas prices jumped 17 percent after the explosions despite there being actually no flowing gas in them at the time. I explained in my post why.

Second. Nothing in my post even SUGGESTS that Putin wants sympathy. That is entirely something you concocted. My claim is that he wanted to create fear, not sympathy.

Third I already answered why the repair cost are irrelevant to Putin.

I thank you for replying Gipper and if you want to give a rebuttal to my premise I welcome it. But I would suggest you read carefully what I actually posted before doing so.

^^^ This is their problem with the discussion ^^^

Seems like every time the particular source is cited, the same cats show up dropping hand grenades all over the place. Of course, the intent is crystal clear.

An they're not even clever about it any more. lol...
Post 94 gave my specific problems with the "discussion" the source never came up. I don't need to ridicule ( although it would be richly deserved) to explain why the idea that the US is responsible for the Nordstream explosions is ridiculous.

It should ( but I know it doesn't) give you pause that for a significant part of the Republican party, the party of Reagan. That the benifit of the doubt is now given to a Russian Dictator over the US government.

Post 94 gave my specific problems with the "discussion" the source never came up. I don't need to ridicule ( although it would be richly deserved) to explain why the idea that the US is responsible for the Nordstream explosions is ridiculous.

It should ( but I know it doesn't) give you pause that for a significant part of the Republican party, the party of Reagan. That the benifit of the doubt is now given to a Russian Dictator over the US government.

I wasn't even thinking about you. You don't have to justify yourself, you provided a relevant view of the actual content which was offered up for discussion/debate. You're free to express your views, irrelevant of whether anyone agrees or disagrees. It's not necessary that we all agree on everything anyway. It's only necessary that we all agree that we should all be free.

Mac and some others, however, have a historic tendency to show up purposefully dropping grenades in threads where specific sources they don't like are cited. And with specific intent.

They're not really interested in discussing the dialogue in the topical content itself. They just wanna see it disappeared because their problem is with who is asking the questions or presenting a given argument. They attack sources and people through targeted and collective ad-hom. Not the content itself. They've got a pretty good track record in accomplishing that disappearing act, too, normally operating as a wrecking ball in a small group in those given threads. After all, it do take a village. Or so they say.

Which is really the only reason I said anything about it, honestly. Heck, somebody's gotta say something about it, else it'll just continue unchallenged. They get comfortable. They get confident. It eventually becomes both expected and acceptable collectively. Ultimately, the shenanigans have the potential to set a precedent that certain sources they don't wanna see cited are frowned upon as a matter of policy. And if you give em an inch in order to achieve that endeavor, they'll take a mile every single time. That kind of behavior is human nature, unfortunately. Man is, after all, a mixture of good and evil.

Last edited:
You are completely misunderstanding what I'm saying. Either on purpose or because your bias doesn't allow for you to actually contemplate that you might be wrong.

First, he already shut down the valve. Yet blowing it up still tanked gas prices. This is not a hypothesis. European gas prices jumped 17 percent after the explosions despite there being actually no flowing gas in them at the time. I explained in my post why.

Second. Nothing in my post even SUGGESTS that Putin wants sympathy. That is entirely something you concocted. My claim is that he wanted to create fear, not sympathy.

Third I already answered why the repair cost are irrelevant to Putin.

I thank you for replying Gipper and if you want to give a rebuttal to my premise I welcome it. But I would suggest you read carefully what I actually posted before doing so.
So your premise is he blew the pipelines to increase prices. Is that right?

He blows it up and blames us he does not look like the bad guy and the EU gets mad at us for blowing it up
I think that’s nonsensical. No one in the west will believe anything Putin says. He knows this. So him blaming the USG, won’t effect public opinion.

Except that all Putin needs do is close the valve. He doesn’t need to blow it up. It costs too must too build and now repair.
If he just turns off the taps, the world condemns him for starving the EU of gas during winter. If he blows it up, he can claim innocence and blame the US. And Russioan companies get the contract to fix it.

If he just turns off the taps, the world condemns him for starving the EU of gas during winter. If he blows it up, he can claim innocence and blame the US. And Russioan companies get the contract to fix it.
Makes no sense, but western media promotes this thinking. Destroying infrastructure so companies can make profits rebuilding it, is nonsense.

Tucker Carlson supports Putin

He will spout any propaganda Putin gives him

I've explained it in some detail before but I'll do so again.

At the moment Putin is losing a war he started. He's losing it in large part because the West is supplying arms to the Ukraine. Russia wants this to stop.

In order to do so he has 2 ways to pressure the West.

The first is nuclear weapons. In order for that to be effective he needs to convince the West he is willing to actually use them.

The second is his hold on the gas supply. Especially to Europe. To that end he has systematically lowered the supply Russia delivers to the West. Driving up prices. To the point BEFORE Nordstream had holes blown into it of cutting it off completely.

Blowing holes in the pipelines though serves both reasons. It shows that Putin is willing to engage in violence even outside Ukraine making him look unpredictable and desperate. Both serve to instill fear vis a vis Russian willingness to deploy nukes. And it also shows that he has the capability of attacking undersea pipelines that serve Europe of which Nordstream is only 2. Something that resulted in sharp increase in gas prices although neither line was operational at the time.

This idea that Putin would balk at the idea of blowing (repairable) holes in a pipeline that serves no purpose at this time when engaged in a war costing billions a month and threatening his personal survival if the outcome isn't good is ridiculous.

So is the idea that the US would blow up a pipeline not working and that supplies Russian gas which has been shown to be used as a pressure weapon on Europe, is equally so.

Europe will even if the war ends tomorrow get of its dependency of Russian gas regardless, because they have to for strategic reasons. So the US blowing up those lines is both stupid and pointless. Not so for Russia.

Putin blowing up the pipelines means he loses all leverage with the west to sell them gas.

Tucker Carlson supports Putin

He will spout any propaganda Putin gives him
Putin is a nationalist. It is simple. Good or bad. The United Startes was nationalist to our richness. Until progs took over and now, we are in decline.

Putin is a nationalist. It is simple. Good or bad. The United Startes was nationalist to our richness. Until progs took over and now, we are in decline.
There are no progressives in charge. This foolish thinking by the right only promotes division. Corporatists and warmongering neo-liberals are in charge and both parties are guilty.

The Germans turned off the valves on their end. The Russians were not providing any natural gas in either pipeline. They shut down Nord Stream 1 and Nord Stream 2 had never been operational.

Asshole, how does blowing up the pipe equate to less support? Who do you think benefits from the pipe being blown up? Who do you think it hurt most? Where will the EU get their gas from now, numbnut?
You make my point for me. What benefit would we get from doing this?

There are no progressives in charge. This foolish thinking by the right only promotes division. Corporatists and warmongering neo-liberals are in charge and both parties are guilty.
Building manufacturing back here is a positive.

Forum List

Back