Try Trump at the Ballot Box, Not in Court

Wrong.
That's bullshit.
There is a process for declassification and he didn't follow it.
Period.
Full stop.

Um ... damn you're an idiot.

Kaz: What is the procedure he didn't follow?
MagicTyke: What! You're wrong!

Um ... fucking idiot

Last week, responding to Damon Linker’s persuasive arguments about the dangers of criminally prosecuting Trump, I ventured that we might have to sacrifice justice on the altar of prudence. The column provoked a fierce backlash, and while it may seem odd to say this, I’m in sympathy with my critics, and offer these reflections in all modesty. I may be wrong. Perhaps the right path is to pursue justice “though the Heavens fall.” But we cannot pretend that there is no risk to this path. In fact, the stakes could not be higher—the stability of our society—so it’s worth considering all of the possible outcomes before barreling forward.

The prosecute-and-be-damned party believes fervently that any hesitation to hold Trump criminally liable for his crimes amounts to appeasement and cowardly submission to what Michelle Goldberg calls “the insurrectionists’ veto.” Acknowledging that some on the right are “heavily armed” and speaking “lustily of civil war,” she objects that “The far right is constantly threatening violence if it doesn’t get its way. Does anyone truly believe that giving in to its blackmail will make it less aggressive?”

It’s a great point. The very worst part about refraining from prosecuting Trump is that it would seem to be a victory for bullying and intimidation. I concede that, and it burns. When Trump riles up his mobs and then threatens to unleash them on his opponents, one’s natural reaction is unprintable (by me anyway). It is precisely when he acts like a Mafia don or a fascist that the urge to slap him down with every available weapon is strongest.

One can hardly imagine a greater indictment of the POT than essentially saying, "if the overwhelming evidence of Trump's guilt is not enough to secure a conviction, or even if it is, prosecution is a dangerous endeavor because it would become a circus-like spectacle. Don would take advantage of it in ways that would be damaging to the republic and cause his cult to rally behind him." IOW, The Following is too Crazy to risk it. So let the criminal go free?

The rebuttal. To Charge or Not to Charge

Trump was already defeated at the ballot box, and his response was to attempt to overthrow the election. Time to send this asshole to jail.

That is not possible any longer, trump is done and you haven't realized that yet.
And he may well be, but it certainly would be tremendously amusing to watch the hysterics from the usual suspects if he did. They would go insane. Heck, a few of the Hollywood elites may actually emigrate like they've been threatening to do. That would be a win.

And he may well be, but it certainly would be tremendously amusing to watch the hysterics from the usual suspects if he did. They would go insane. Heck, a few of the Hollywood elites may actually emigrate like they've been threatening to do. That would be a win.
Have you listened to trump lately ? He sounds really pitiful, I believe his fears are getting the better of him, and his delusions are worse than ever. If anyone is about to go completely insane, it's him. Maybe he could use that defense to stay out of regular prison. Of course, he'd probably have to spend the rest of his life in an institution for the criminally insane given his history
And he may well be, but it certainly would be tremendously amusing to watch the hysterics from the usual suspects if he did. They would go insane. Heck, a few of the Hollywood elites may actually emigrate like they've been threatening to do. That would be great.
Movies are one of America's biggest selling exports. Besides the movies are fantastic. That would be a terrible loss.Most would probably go to Canada, that nation would still be free. America in fascist hands, that's not good for anyone, even a fascist like trump

He's already been found incompetent.

Before he even took office, by incompetent idiot people like you who put THIS piece of work in his place as the "solution."

1661999019752.gif

And we now stand at the precipice of war instead of peace, we now stand at the precipice of economic collapse instead of bounty, we are under invasion, our energy, food and supply chains are broken instead of the former gold standard, we are being freely spied on, we stand at the precipice of social collapse with soaring crime, and all of our enemies are uniting to overthrow the US dollar now as the world standard.

All of Trump's legal troubles were brought down on himself. Trump did this to himself. He thought he could live his entire life by fraud.

Now he doesn't want to pay the piper and has become completely unhinged at being held accountable. He's crazier than a sack of ferrets, as one pundit has said.

Fuck him.

Um ... damn you're an idiot.

Kaz: What is the procedure he didn't follow?
MagicTyke: What! You're wrong!

Um ... fucking idiot
I can assure you our government has a plan in place for declassification, otherwise everything would be in chaos. For example when declassifying a document you must contact the originator of the document to let him or her know why you want to declassify it early. You can't just say it's declassified Everyone has to follow the same procedure. Most classified documents are subject to Automatic declassification after 25 years. Any U.S. citizens, permanent resident alien, or U.S. organization can request a Mandatory Declassification Review under the provisions of Sec 3.5 of E.O. 13526.

Have you listened to trump lately ? He sounds really pitiful, I believe his fears are getting the better of him, and his delusions are worse than ever. If anyone is about to go completely insane, it's him. Maybe he could use that defense to stay out of regular prison. Of course, he'd probably have to spend the rest of his life in an institution for the criminally insane given his history
Why do you keep beating that drum? One, you will never see TRUMP! in prison. It's just not going to happen. Two, he may well be done and over with politically, but it would still be EPIC entertainment to watch the liberals flailing around on the sidewalks, unable to comprehend that they lost again to him. The screaming at the sky would be non-stop.
Movies are one of America's biggest selling exports. Besides the movies are fantastic. That would be a terrible loss.Most would probably go to Canada, that nation would still be free. America in fascist hands, that's not good for anyone, even a fascist like trump
We have very little use for the narcissistic, preening prima donnas who seem to believe that their opinions and thoughts should matter to the average person.

You know, if you vote Republican, the nation you save just might be your own.

Why do you keep beating that drum? One, you will never see TRUMP! in prison. It's just not going to happen. Two, he may well be done and over with politically, but it would still be EPIC entertainment to watch the liberals flailing around on the sidewalks, unable to comprehend that they lost again to him. The screaming at the sky would be non-stop.
Like we've seen from the Trumpistas the last 2+ years?

"I've not seen screaming at the sky since the last time TRUMP! defeated an unpopular but highly hyped democrat."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, the rest of the world has.

To wit:

th

AP21246596305210-scaled.jpg

_116872436_indextop.jpg

Last week, responding to Damon Linker’s persuasive arguments about the dangers of criminally prosecuting Trump, I ventured that we might have to sacrifice justice on the altar of prudence. The column provoked a fierce backlash, and while it may seem odd to say this, I’m in sympathy with my critics, and offer these reflections in all modesty. I may be wrong. Perhaps the right path is to pursue justice “though the Heavens fall.” But we cannot pretend that there is no risk to this path. In fact, the stakes could not be higher—the stability of our society—so it’s worth considering all of the possible outcomes before barreling forward.

The prosecute-and-be-damned party believes fervently that any hesitation to hold Trump criminally liable for his crimes amounts to appeasement and cowardly submission to what Michelle Goldberg calls “the insurrectionists’ veto.” Acknowledging that some on the right are “heavily armed” and speaking “lustily of civil war,” she objects that “The far right is constantly threatening violence if it doesn’t get its way. Does anyone truly believe that giving in to its blackmail will make it less aggressive?”

It’s a great point. The very worst part about refraining from prosecuting Trump is that it would seem to be a victory for bullying and intimidation. I concede that, and it burns. When Trump riles up his mobs and then threatens to unleash them on his opponents, one’s natural reaction is unprintable (by me anyway). It is precisely when he acts like a Mafia don or a fascist that the urge to slap him down with every available weapon is strongest.

One can hardly imagine a greater indictment of the POT than essentially saying, "if the overwhelming evidence of Trump's guilt is not enough to secure a conviction, or even if it is, prosecution is a dangerous endeavor because it would become a circus-like spectacle. Don would take advantage of it in ways that would be damaging to the republic and cause his cult to rally behind him." IOW, The Following is too Crazy to risk it. So let the criminal go free?

The rebuttal. To Charge or Not to Charge
How about both?

Forum List

Back