Trump's Legacy

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
All anyone will remember of Donald Trump will be his impeachment; 350,000 dead from Covid, and yesterday's attempted coup.

He will be persona non grata wherever he goes now. He really screwed up yesterday. Bigly, that I can tell you, bleev me.

Aides weigh resignations, removal options as Trump rages against perceived betrayals

Meanwhile, Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf on Thursday issued the strongest critique of Trump yet from within the Cabinet. Calling Wednesday’s events “tragic and sickening,” Wolf wrote in a statement, “I implore the President and all elected officials to strongly condemn the violence that took place yesterday.” He vowed to remain in his position to ensure an orderly transition to the Biden administration.

William P. Barr, who resigned last month as attorney general, issued an even sharper condemnation of the president he served. He called Trump’s conduct “a betrayal of his office and supporters,” adding in a statement to the Associated Press that “orchestrating a mob to pressure Congress is inexcusable.”

Mick Mulvaney, a former member of Trump’s Cabinet as White House chief of staff and director of the Office of Management and Budget, announced Thursday morning that he has resigned from his post as U.S. special envoy to Northern Ireland. He said on CNBC that he informed Secretary of State Mike Pompeo: “I can’t do it. I can’t stay.”

Introducing us to the ravages of windmill cancer.

3e2d5a69-fbf5-46ee-a192-5d55a70b9dd9-jpeg.347913

All anyone will remember of Donald Trump will be his impeachment; 350,000 dead from Covid, and yesterday's attempted coup.

He will be persona non grata wherever he goes now. He really screwed up yesterday. Bigly, that I can tell you, bleev me.

Aides weigh resignations, removal options as Trump rages against perceived betrayals

Meanwhile, Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf on Thursday issued the strongest critique of Trump yet from within the Cabinet. Calling Wednesday’s events “tragic and sickening,” Wolf wrote in a statement, “I implore the President and all elected officials to strongly condemn the violence that took place yesterday.” He vowed to remain in his position to ensure an orderly transition to the Biden administration.

William P. Barr, who resigned last month as attorney general, issued an even sharper condemnation of the president he served. He called Trump’s conduct “a betrayal of his office and supporters,” adding in a statement to the Associated Press that “orchestrating a mob to pressure Congress is inexcusable.”

Mick Mulvaney, a former member of Trump’s Cabinet as White House chief of staff and director of the Office of Management and Budget, announced Thursday morning that he has resigned from his post as U.S. special envoy to Northern Ireland. He said on CNBC that he informed Secretary of State Mike Pompeo: “I can’t do it. I can’t stay.”

Maybe they will ban him from history books.

There is one good aspect of his tenure. When we're faced with another narcissistic demagogue in the future, our guard will be up. His administration has acted like a vaccine against complacency, as the number of people who voted this cycle attests.

His revolutionary suggestion of injecting disinfectants and bringing UV lights into our bodies "in some other way" as a means of fighting a virus. :auiqs.jpg:

His main legacy will be a blown response to the virus, a lot of people dead, losing an election then claiming fraud, finally..inciting a riot, sedition, and treason. Yep, he's cooked.

Building your southern wall, ensuring NATO pays funds to the mission, and, by far his most important success, confronting Communist China and calling them out to the world.

There is one good aspect of his tenure. When we're faced with another narcissistic demagogue in the future, our guard will be up. His administration has acted like a vaccine against complacency, as the number of people who voted this cycle attests.
Trump was the right choice in 2016, the "establishment" had to be opposed.
The voters were right, but as General Kelly said, "Trump is a very flawed man".
If Trump had half a brain he would have figured out that every vote counts.

I think Trumps biggest punishment is he will be ignored by those whose attention he seeks
He and his offspring will not be welcomed in polite society.

The TRUMP brand is BUST

As one pundit put it, Jared and Ivanka will be shunned by those from whom they want adoration, and will be adored by those whom they despise.

Same goes for TRUMP properties and golf clubs
Nobody wants to pay a premium for the TRUMP brand anymore or admit they have patronized one.

The only ones who still admires the TRUMP brand is MAGA who can’t afford it and would not be welcomed if they could

Whatever else his legacy could have been got erased yesterday. That was him with his lame speech, tweets and videos and those were his deplorables attacking the nation's capitol, injuring police officers and getting someone killed. All because he lost an election and can't come clean about it and man up.

I think Trumps biggest punishment is he will be ignored by those whose attention he seeks
He and his offspring will not be welcomed in polite society.

The TRUMP brand is BUST

As one pundit put it, Jared and Ivanka will be shunned by those from whom they want adoration, and will be adored by those whom they despise.

Same goes for TRUMP properties and golf clubs
Nobody wants to pay a premium for the TRUMP brand anymore or admit they have patronized one.

The only ones who still admires the TRUMP brand is MAGA who can’t afford it and would not be welcomed if they could

Building your southern wall, ensuring NATO pays funds to the mission, and, by far his most important success, confronting Communist China and calling them out to the world.

Well Pollyanna, I doubt very much his legacy will be anything so sunny, none of those events are highlights for his resume: The Southern Wall is a Potemkin Village; he alienated the other leaders of NATO; and his confrontation (so to speak) with China is weak and destructive, causing prices to American Consumers to rise, and farmers to be stuck with their products.

Far from it, the double-impeachee will yield a treasure trove of blood-curdling tomes.

Consider all he managed to achieve in a single term:

THEN:
Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 10.40.21 AM.png

“Obamacare’s going to be repealed and replaced!...
Everybody's Got To Be Covered!…
The government's gonna pay for it!…
Everybody's going to be taken care of much better
t
han they're taken care of now!"
Sep 28, 2015

NOW:
Without a job, many Americans are left without health insurance and need to pay for medical expenses out-of-pocket. In fact, because of layoffs during the pandemic, as many as 12 million Americans have lost their health coverage, according to the latest estimate in August by the Economic Policy Institute.

====================================================================
THEN:

"We have very few people with it... the people are getting better,
they're all getting better!"

February 25, 2020

Trump says coronavirus 'under control' in US, problem going to 'go away'

NOW:
United States: 23,214,472 confirmed cases, 386,842 deaths
January 14, 2021

======================================================================
THEN:
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) had reported the
unemployment rate, at 4.7 percent for December, 2016.

NOW:
On January 8, 2021, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
released its unemployment data for December 2020.
The unemployment rate for December was 6.7%

U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics releases December 2020 unemployment data – Ballotpedia News

================================
THEN:

"I'll build a great, great wall on our southern border,
and I will make Mexico pay for that wall!
Mark my words!”

NOW:
To date only about 40 miles of such new fencing have been built.
December 22, 2020

Trump's Border Wall: Where Does It Stand? - FactCheck.org
(The American taxpayer was forced to pay for it.)
And the Trump national debt, you ask?

Trump promised to eliminate the national debt.
Under Trump, the National Debt Increased by $7.8 Trillion

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 11.17.06 AM.png

"I'm the 'King of Debt!"

Even if he had not befouled himself by inciting a murderous insurrection against our government because he is far too insecure and morally feeble to honorably confront his being a Loser, his record had already been established. Historians will be thrilled by the superabundance of lurid material

His losing his Party the House, Senate, and executive in a single term?
Move over, Herbert Hoover!

Last edited:
Far from it, the double-impeachee will yield a treasure trove of blood-curdling tomes.

Consider all he managed to achieve in a single term:

THEN:
View attachment 442809
“Obamacare’s going to be repealed and replaced!...
Everybody's Got To Be Covered!…
The government's gonna pay for it!…
Everybody's going to be taken care of much better
t
han they're taken care of now!"
Sep 28, 2015

NOW:
Without a job, many Americans are left without health insurance and need to pay for medical expenses out-of-pocket. In fact, because of layoffs during the pandemic, as many as 12 million Americans have lost their health coverage, according to the latest estimate in August by the Economic Policy Institute.

====================================================================
THEN:

View attachment 442810
"We have very few people with it... the people are getting better,
they're all getting better!"

February 25, 2020

Trump says coronavirus 'under control' in US, problem going to 'go away'

NOW:
United States: 23,214,472 confirmed cases, 386,842 deaths
January 14, 2021

======================================================================
THEN:
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) had reported the
unemployment rate, at 4.7 percent for December, 2016.

NOW:
On January 8, 2021, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
released its unemployment data for December 2020.
The unemployment rate for December was 6.7%

U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics releases December 2020 unemployment data – Ballotpedia News

================================
THEN:
View attachment 442811
"I'll build a great, great wall on our southern border,
and I will make Mexico pay for that wall!
Mark my words!”

NOW:
To date only about 40 miles of such new fencing have been built.
December 22, 2020

Trump's Border Wall: Where Does It Stand? - FactCheck.org
(The American taxpayer was forced to pay for it.)
And the Trump national debt, you ask?

Trump promised to eliminate the national debt.
Under Trump, the National Debt Increased by $7.8 Trillion

View attachment 442804
"I'm the 'King of Debt!"

Even if he had not befouled himself by inciting a murderous insurrection against our government because he is far too insecure and morally feeble to honorably confront his being a Loser, his record had already been established. Historians will be thrilled by the superabundance of lurid material

His losing his Party the House, Senate, and executive in a single term?
Move over, Herbert Hoover!
Your post is exceptional and filled with indisputable facts. It reveals the epitome of a NYC real estate conman to a tee.

Lets now watch as his defenders bend themselves into a pretzel in an 'attempt' to counter your "facts." Instead of a discussion about the content, will begin childish insults and diverting blame.

Trump's wall of bigotry and hate, his attack of NATO and other American allies, his coddling of dictators and tyrants, and his failed trade war with China will be among Trump's more infamous failures.

New Topics

Forum List

Back