Trump's first constitutional crisis: Presidential salary

The OP is proof that the sore losers will criticize ANYTHING Trump does. He could buy houses for poor black people in Chicago with his own money and they would condemn him for it.

What's best IMO to do is to ignore ignore ignore. S.J.

Trump keeps saying he is going to refuse a salary. However, the President does not have the constitutional power to refuse his salary. The constitution states that the President shall receive compensation from the Treasury at stated times, and that the amount shall be neither increased nor decreased during the term for which he was elected.

Under the constitution, the Congress sets the amount for Presidential pay, because only Congress can legislate expenditures from the treasury. The President does not have the power to circumvent Congress on this matter.

Aside from the constitutional issue, I don't believe for a moment that Trump ever was going to refuse his salary anyway. We're talking about a man who has spent his life bending over backwards to avoid paying an extra $3 in taxes, and refusing to pay employees and contractors. And now he wants us to believe that he's going to have $400k worth of reported income he'll have to pay taxes on anyway, but that he'll simply refuse to cash the paycheck? Yeah, right.

I look forward to the entertaining bullshit dance that is sure to follow as Trump pretends to refuse a salary.
He can do like JFK did and give it away.

The OP is proof that the sore losers will criticize ANYTHING Trump does. He could buy houses for poor black people in Chicago with his own money and they would condemn him for it.

Yep if he was doing it in order to help get a buddy elected there. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Trump keeps saying he is going to refuse a salary. However, the President does not have the constitutional power to refuse his salary. The constitution states that the President shall receive compensation from the Treasury at stated times, and that the amount shall be neither increased nor decreased during the term for which he was elected.

Under the constitution, the Congress sets the amount for Presidential pay, because only Congress can legislate expenditures from the treasury. The President does not have the power to circumvent Congress on this matter.

Aside from the constitutional issue, I don't believe for a moment that Trump ever was going to refuse his salary anyway. We're talking about a man who has spent his life bending over backwards to avoid paying an extra $3 in taxes, and refusing to pay employees and contractors. And now he wants us to believe that he's going to have $400k worth of reported income he'll have to pay taxes on anyway, but that he'll simply refuse to cash the paycheck? Yeah, right.

I look forward to the entertaining bullshit dance that is sure to follow as Trump pretends to refuse a salary.

Let's hope he'll pay taxes on it. He hasn't paid a penny in Federal Income tax in the last 18 years, while claiming to have a net worth of 10 billion.

Prove it.

You know better than that.

They can't prove it ... they have nothing ... nothing but their own hysteria.

It would be amusing ........... if it wasn't so pathetic.

Hysteria is a good word for it.

Tried it ... wore my mouse out.

Okay that's funny.

What?? No sympathy for my mouse???

Sure, everything's a big joke ... until somebody wears his ball out.

Okay that's funny.

:lol:

Poor wittle mousy.

He will donate the money if any of the crap you post is remotely accurate.

Donate it to the Donald F. C. Trump cigar charity, which generously gives cigars to needy billionaire who live in small houses, around the same size as the White House or smaller.

Okay that's funny.

Poor wittle mousy.

Well, it's nice to know there's one humane bone in your body.

You oughta see his clicker (well, maybe you shouldn't)

Okay that's funny.

Poor wittle mousy.

Nah it was Black with a really big.......tail.

Donate it to the Donald F. C. Trump cigar charity, which generously gives cigars to needy billionaire who live in small houses, around the same size as the White House or smaller.

We did just fix relations with Cuba.

And the rum is going to floooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww through the White House. Pash me anover one pleash...

We did just fix relations with Cuba.

And the rum is going to floooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww through the White House. Pash me anover one pleash...

Okay that's funny.

Poor wittle mousy.

Well, it's nice to know there's one humane bone in your body.

You oughta see his clicker (well, maybe you shouldn't)

Hey now. I have lots of humane bones in my body!

He said he knew there was a minimum he could take, to follow the law, which is a single dollar, of which is all he would take. Get your facts straight.

He said he knew there was a minimum he could take, to follow the law, which is a single dollar, of which is all he would take. Get your facts straight.

The liberals are terrified watching their taker world end.....

Forum List

Back