Trump's first constitutional crisis: Presidential salary

How many quarters of his salary did Obama donate in 8 years as President?

I know he donated some of my hard-earned dollars to terrorists, $221 million - on his way out the door, but he never donated his own money to needy Americans.

20171201_162544.png
Does his salary even cover the costs of his golfing habit?

Barry financed, supplied, armed, trained terrorists and Mexican Drug Cartels ... using our tax dollars - MY money.

He never used his own...

Trump keeps saying he is going to refuse a salary. However, the President does not have the constitutional power to refuse his salary. The constitution states that the President shall receive compensation from the Treasury at stated times, and that the amount shall be neither increased nor decreased during the term for which he was elected.

Under the constitution, the Congress sets the amount for Presidential pay, because only Congress can legislate expenditures from the treasury. The President does not have the power to circumvent Congress on this matter.

Aside from the constitutional issue, I don't believe for a moment that Trump ever was going to refuse his salary anyway. We're talking about a man who has spent his life bending over backwards to avoid paying an extra $3 in taxes, and refusing to pay employees and contractors. And now he wants us to believe that he's going to have $400k worth of reported income he'll have to pay taxes on anyway, but that he'll simply refuse to cash the paycheck? Yeah, right.

I look forward to the entertaining bullshit dance that is sure to follow as Trump pretends to refuse a salary.
The level of liberal butthurt is record setting...

Trump has dinated his salary for his 1st 3 quarters.

How many quarters if his salary over 8 years did Barry donate?

I'd give him credit if he also didn't charge for the rooms taken up in Trump Tower, Bedminster, or Mar-a-Lago when he stayed there.
Well did Obama pay for his room and board, were ever he went?

Trump keeps saying he is going to refuse a salary. However, the President does not have the constitutional power to refuse his salary. The constitution states that the President shall receive compensation from the Treasury at stated times, and that the amount shall be neither increased nor decreased during the term for which he was elected.

Under the constitution, the Congress sets the amount for Presidential pay, because only Congress can legislate expenditures from the treasury. The President does not have the power to circumvent Congress on this matter.

Aside from the constitutional issue, I don't believe for a moment that Trump ever was going to refuse his salary anyway. We're talking about a man who has spent his life bending over backwards to avoid paying an extra $3 in taxes, and refusing to pay employees and contractors. And now he wants us to believe that he's going to have $400k worth of reported income he'll have to pay taxes on anyway, but that he'll simply refuse to cash the paycheck? Yeah, right.

I look forward to the entertaining bullshit dance that is sure to follow as Trump pretends to refuse a salary.

I'd give him credit if he also didn't charge for the rooms taken up in Trump Tower, Bedminster, or Mar-a-Lago when he stayed there.

Did Obama own the buildings he stayed at?

Does it matter? Is there proof he charges? I mean real proof?

Trump does not give to charity, if he refused salary, another family member scooped it up:eusa_clap:

Had Donald Trump followed through on his many public promises to donate money to charity?

The answer, for the most part, was “no.” Although Trump had spent years promising to give away his money – the proceeds from Trump University, his salary from “The Apprentice,” the money he made renting a tent to Moammar Gaddafi – I couldn’t find much evidence he’d actually done it. In fact, after trying 450 charities, I’d found only one gift to charity from Trump’s own pocket in the years between 2008 and 2015. And it was for less than $10,000. I also found that Trump had used his personal charity, the Donald J. Trump Foundation – which was filled with other people’s money – in ways that seemed to break the law.

Trump does not give to charity, if he refused salary, another family member scooped it up:eusa_clap:

Had Donald Trump followed through on his many public promises to donate money to charity?

The answer, for the most part, was “no.” Although Trump had spent years promising to give away his money – the proceeds from Trump University, his salary from “The Apprentice,” the money he made renting a tent to Moammar Gaddafi – I couldn’t find much evidence he’d actually done it. In fact, after trying 450 charities, I’d found only one gift to charity from Trump’s own pocket in the years between 2008 and 2015. And it was for less than $10,000. I also found that Trump had used his personal charity, the Donald J. Trump Foundation – which was filled with other people’s money – in ways that seemed to break the law.
You're a liar. I posted the links confirming the Trump donations.

Snowflakes are just uncomfortable being unable to explain how / why Obama gave OUR money to TERRORISTS while Trump is giving HIS money to needy AMERICANS.

If Trump donating his salary drove snowflakes crazy, the 1st Lady reducing the salary for 1st Ladies must have driven them batshit crazy!

:p

Lol, liberal talking points.

Yes. There is.

Yes. There is.
Then show it, or shut up.

Yes. There is.
Then show it, or shut up.

What source do you want it from out of the hundreds on Google?

New Documents Show the National Security Council Spent Taxpayer Money at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago

Holy Shit....Trump tries to save the tax payers money by not taking a salary, and whiny f*ing liberals complain about THAT!

Good f*ing grief!

Trump saves the taxpayers $400K a year, while costing taxpayers $50 million a year in travel to all his vacation homes, including added security. What happened to Trumps campaign statements that he would rarely leve the white house, that he wouldn't take vacations, and he wouldn't play golf, because he'd be too busy in the white house making america great.

Holy Shit....Trump tries to save the tax payers money by not taking a salary, and whiny f*ing liberals complain about THAT!

Good f*ing grief!

Trump saves the taxpayers $400K a year, while costing taxpayers $50 million a year in travel to all his vacation homes, including added security. What happened to Trumps campaign statements that he would rarely leve the white house, that he wouldn't take vacations, and he wouldn't play golf, because he'd be too busy in the white house making america great.
Your hypocrisy overwhelms your faux outrage, snowflake. :p

Forum List

Back