Trump won't throw the first pitch at Nationals' game because he would get booed

Unlike obama, Trump was good at sports.

In recent weeks, Business Insider reached out to several of Trump's former classmates at the school. They paint a picture of Trump as a star athlete who rose to become one of the highest-ranked members of his class. They also hinted at regular hazing and fighting that went on at the academy.

According to his yearbook, Trump, who grew up in Queens, arrived at the school in upstate Cornwall, New York, in 1959. He graduated in 1964.

The yearbook shows that Trump, the son of millionaire real-estate developer Fred Trump, was a member of the varsity soccer, baseball, and football teams. He also won numerous awards including some for his athletic performance and a "neatness and order medal" in 1960.

One former classmate, George Beuttell, played football with Trump and described him as a "good man."

"He was one of the highest-ranked cadets there and he was motivated to excel back then, as he is now," Beuttell told Business Insider. "Nobody ever spoke badly about him then, and he was liked."

Beuttell said Trump "had direction back then that a lot of us other kids didn't."

"A lot of us were fooling around, played around, and he was more business than a lot of us," Beuttell said. "You had to admire that."

Trump's yearbook shows he rose to the rank of supply captain. According to Beuttell, this position was "probably the third-highest-ranked cadet in the whole school."

Another former Trump classmate, Jack Serafin, recalled taking orders from Trump.

"He made me memorize my serial number of my M1 [rifle] and I still remember it this way," Serafin told Business Insider. "Operationally, he was very well organized."

Arthur Schoenewaldt also spent some time as Trump's roommate. He said living with Trump was "great."

"It was obvious that he came from a better-than-average family, but he was a great guy," Schoenewaldt said.

Schoenewaldt also recalled Trump's athletic prowess.

"He was intelligent, he presented himself well, he was athletic," Schoenewaldt said. "I even heard from some of the coaches and stuff he could have played professional baseball."

donalds-hs-yearbook.jpg

Donald Trump's classmates share their memories about his 'Lord of the Flies' days in military school
Franklin Delano Roosevelt, a paraplegic managed to throw out the first pitch in the midst of the Great Depression and World War II.

American presidents have thrown inaugural first pitches since Taft, yet now the (already) unpopular President Trump claims he has a "scheduling conflict"t hat keeps him from doing this.

The second-best popular vote getter in 2016 should be honest and admit he knows he will be relentlessly booed if he shows up on that mound.
Donald Trump Reportedly Won't Throw 1st Pitch for Nationals Due to Scheduling
Or maybe...unlike Obama....he doesn't view the presidency as a way to "see and be seen". Maybe...just maybe...he's there to do his job instead of bilking the American tax payer. Maybe he's there to work instead of snorting coke with JayZ and Beyoncé.

Considering how fiercely loyal his supporters were - I don't think being "booed" is much of a concern for him.

In recent weeks, Business Insider reached out to several of Trump's former classmates at the school. They paint a picture of Trump as a star athlete who rose to become one of the highest-ranked members of his class. They also hinted at regular hazing and fighting that went on at the academy.

According to his yearbook, Trump, who grew up in Queens, arrived at the school in upstate Cornwall, New York, in 1959. He graduated in 1964.

The yearbook shows that Trump, the son of millionaire real-estate developer Fred Trump, was a member of the varsity soccer, baseball, and football teams. He also won numerous awards including some for his athletic performance and a "neatness and order medal" in 1960.

One former classmate, George Beuttell, played football with Trump and described him as a "good man."

"He was one of the highest-ranked cadets there and he was motivated to excel back then, as he is now," Beuttell told Business Insider. "Nobody ever spoke badly about him then, and he was liked."

Beuttell said Trump "had direction back then that a lot of us other kids didn't."

"A lot of us were fooling around, played around, and he was more business than a lot of us," Beuttell said. "You had to admire that."

Trump's yearbook shows he rose to the rank of supply captain. According to Beuttell, this position was "probably the third-highest-ranked cadet in the whole school."

Another former Trump classmate, Jack Serafin, recalled taking orders from Trump.

"He made me memorize my serial number of my M1 [rifle] and I still remember it this way," Serafin told Business Insider. "Operationally, he was very well organized."

Arthur Schoenewaldt also spent some time as Trump's roommate. He said living with Trump was "great."

"It was obvious that he came from a better-than-average family, but he was a great guy," Schoenewaldt said.

"He was intelligent, he presented himself well, he was athletic," Schoenewaldt said. "I even heard from some of the coaches and stuff he could have played professional baseball."

donalds-hs-yearbook.jpg

Donald Trump's classmates share their memories about his 'Lord of the Flies' days in military school
Franklin Delano Roosevelt, a paraplegic managed to throw out the first pitch in the midst of the Great Depression and World War II.

And, then as a follow-up, allowed Russia to take over big chunks of Germany but mercifully died, leaving Truman to prevent a total surrender to Stalin and end Rooseveldt's pet war. Oh, did the "pitch" reach the plate?

American presidents have thrown inaugural first pitches since Taft, yet now the (already) unpopular President Trump claims he has a "scheduling conflict"t hat keeps him from doing this.

The second-best popular vote getter in 2016 should be honest and admit he knows he will be relentlessly booed if he shows up on that mound.
In your dreams snowflake. He would get a standing ovation. What do you libs think? that people switch on and off of their ideology daily? He won and he won big so get over it already. The polls are proven to be fraudulent (they were through the whole election). Reuters was the closest to being right all last year and they have Trump at 49% today. The Russian story is a bust. Obamacare is a bust and the dems don't care. People are laughing at the democrat party, they have lost thousands of seats over the last 8 years. Yep keep dreaming that Trump would get booed snowflake, if you want to see booing let Hillary toss out the first pitch.

In your dreams snowflake. He would get a standing ovation. What do you libs think? that people switch on and off of their ideology daily? He won and he won big so get over it already. The polls are proven to be fraudulent (they were through the whole election). Reuters was the closest to being right all last year and they have Trump at 49% today. The Russian story is a bust. Obamacare is a bust and the dems don't care. People are laughing at the democrat party, they have lost thousands of seats over the last 8 years. Yep keep dreaming that Trump would get booed snowflake, if you want to see booing let Hillary toss out the first pitch.

A standing ovation? He's be lucky not to be tarred and feathered, especially in The District. Trump is a bust, he is incompetent and unfit for the office of POTUS. Period, end of story - at least until he quits or is impeached and convicted of high crimes and misdemeanors.

donalds-hs-yearbook.jpg

We were one country then. Now anyone showing support for the president would be immediately surrounded and beaten. There isn't enough security to protect against a stadium wide riot.

Send Barron out to throw out the first pitch. Let him start earning that inheritance.
That'd actually be a very cool thing for him to do. I'd be okay with him doing that; in fact, I'd encourage him to do it if he can. Why not? For all that's wrong and twisted about his father, Barron's a kid. I'm not about to ascribe the "sins of the father" to his boy; Barron doesn't deserve that. He may one day, but right now, he does not.

There again, we have yet another lost opportunity to boost morale and establish some sort of goodwill. I wonder how many more instances of the un-imaginativeness of the so-called political strategists with whom Trump has surrounded himself we shall witness....Doubtless more fingers and toes than exist among all those clods.
I kinda doubt if Dad has been tossing pitches to Barron on the sidewalks of New York. Kid probably is pretty good at chipping and putting though. Dad would take him to the course with him if pressed.
President Snowflake will not throw out the first pitch because his delicate feelings would be hurt

Same reason he won't attend the correspondents dinner....he is afraid he would be humiliated like he was with Obama
Who knew Trump would wind up being kinda self conscious?

Donald Trump Reportedly Won't Throw 1st Pitch for Nationals Due to Scheduling

/---- Obammie throws like a girl.

And Trump doesn't throw at all... I like this about Obama, he didn't let this get to him...

It just show Trump is insecure and can't take criticism.. Looking at his approval numbers he is going to get alot more unless he changes things fast.

donalds-hs-yearbook.jpg

We were one country then. Now anyone showing support for the president would be immediately surrounded and beaten. There isn't enough security to protect against a stadium wide riot.

Trump has money, wealthy people attract the obsequious.

Trump's approval numbers come from the same place the voter polls come from. Hillary might break 400 electoral college votes.

Forum List

Back