Trump told Saudis: Cut oil supply or lose U.S. military support

Unbelievably stupid thread....

Coming from you, an authority on posting stupid comments, I paused, and then realized what you claim is stupid, lacks any response to prove anything of substance but one, you are a partisan hack.

For the record:

For the past month, Saudi Arabia had pumped every possible barrel for sale at rock-bottom prices, punishing Russia for refusing to support deeper OPEC+ output cuts in early March. Now, Moscow and Riyadh will both reduce daily production by millions of barrels, spearheading a global agreement between almost all the world’s major oil producers to rein in output.

But the deal will only dull the pain, not end the crisis.

The market is likely to remain overwhelmed for months to come by the catastrophic collapse in demand caused by the lockdowns designed to slow the spread of the coronavirus through some of the world’s biggest economies.

“The OPEC+ agreement will not prevent sharp inventory builds in coming months, and near-term oil prices in the physical market will likely remain under pressure,” said Martijn Rats, oil analyst at Morgan Stanley.

You just surpassed this thread for its stupidity.....nice one....

The usually well informed Middle East Eye just reported that a decision may be near to remove the newly sent Patriot missile batteries and their American operators from Saudi Arabia. These were sent after the attacks on Saudi oil installations and before Covid-19 reduced worldwide oil demand. The Covid-induced decline in demand and oil price of course is destroying the U.S. domestic fracking oil industry.

It is too early to say exactly what is the reasoning of the Pentagon and White House for this reversal in policy, assuming it takes place (along with other rumored draw downs of U.S. military personnel in the Gulf). I have long strongly advocated a withdrawal of U.S. troops from the Mideast, an end to sanctions against Iran, and other similar changes in U.S. policy. It is possible, as I have warned earlier, that the U.S. is re-configuating it’s policy to allow for a shooting war with Iran. Reducing personnel will be good for Trump’s election chances, avoid excess U.S. casualties, protect U.S. ships, and make the U.S. seem less responsible as the outbreak of conflict devastates oil production — thus raising prices, saving U.S. oil, hurting China, and increasing U.S. leverage over its trading partners and competitors alike. Call me “suspicious,” “perspicacious,” or a “conspiracy theorist” ... but we have seen this kind of real politics before in the Middle East.

The usually well informed Middle East Eye just reported that a decision may be near to remove the newly sent Patriot missile batteries and their American operators from Saudi Arabia. These were sent after the attacks on Saudi oil installations and before Covid-19 reduced worldwide oil demand. The Covid-induced decline in demand and oil price of course is destroying the U.S. domestic fracking oil industry.

It is too early to say exactly what is the reasoning of the Pentagon and White House for this reversal in policy, assuming it takes place (along with other rumored draw downs of U.S. military personnel in the Gulf). I have long strongly advocated a withdrawal of U.S. troops from the Mideast, an end to sanctions against Iran, and other similar changes in U.S. policy. It is possible, as I have warned earlier, that the U.S. is re-configuating it’s policy to allow for a shooting war with Iran. Reducing personnel will be good for Trump’s election chances, avoid excess U.S. casualties, protect U.S. ships, and make the U.S. seem less responsible as the outbreak of conflict devastates oil production — thus raising prices, saving U.S. oil, hurting China, and increasing U.S. leverage over its trading partners and competitors alike. Call me “suspicious,” “perspicacious,” or a “conspiracy theorist” ... but we have seen this kind of real politics before in the Middle East.

SA is one of the main contributors to the Wahhabi cause and should be treated as such.
I am not happy with Trump's buddy buddy relationship with the shieks.

Well, the Wahhabi connection is old news. The Saudis have been in a de facto alliance not only with Trump and U.S. imperialism but also with Israel for years. Your “unhappiness” is noted ...

Wow, more aid to Putin's Russia from President Trump. It seems he's more interested in protecting Putin than all of the American Citizens.

WASHINGTON/LONDON/DUBAI (Reuters) - As the United States pressed Saudi Arabia to end its oil price war with Russia, President Donald Trump gave Saudi leaders an ultimatum.

In an April 2 phone call, Trump told Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman that unless the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) started cutting oil production, he would be powerless to stop lawmakers from passing legislation to withdraw U.S. troops from the kingdom, four sources familiar with the matter told Reuters.

The threat to upend a 75-year strategic alliance, which has not been previously reported, was central to the U.S. pressure campaign that led to a landmark global deal to slash oil supply as demand collapsed in the coronavirus pandemic - scoring a diplomatic victory for the White House.

Wow, more aid to Putin's Russia from President Trump. It seems he's more interested in protecting Putin than all of the American Citizens.

WASHINGTON/LONDON/DUBAI (Reuters) - As the United States pressed Saudi Arabia to end its oil price war with Russia, President Donald Trump gave Saudi leaders an ultimatum.

In an April 2 phone call, Trump told Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman that unless the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) started cutting oil production, he would be powerless to stop lawmakers from passing legislation to withdraw U.S. troops from the kingdom, four sources familiar with the matter told Reuters.

The threat to upend a 75-year strategic alliance, which has not been previously reported, was central to the U.S. pressure campaign that led to a landmark global deal to slash oil supply as demand collapsed in the coronavirus pandemic - scoring a diplomatic victory for the White House.

No, you idiototic propagandist, it means he wants to support AMERICAN energy producers.

Read the link. The oil war between Russian and Saudi Arabia benefited those who buy gas and diesel fuel n the United States. He did this to protect the special interests, not the American people.

There is not doubt Trump wants to protect the price of oil and the Federal Tax; The United States federal excise tax on gasoline is 18.4 cents per gallon and 24.4 cents per gallon for diesel fuel. Trump has created huge deficits in the past three years and he needs more money to replace some of what he has spent on the Wall and the Military, golf and the 2/3 in the tax bill which benefits the special interests and those in the no more top two tax brackets.

No, you idiototic propagandist, it means he wants to support AMERICAN energy producers.

Read the link. The oil war between Russian and Saudi Arabia benefited those who buy gas and diesel fuel n the United States. He did this to protect the special interests, not the American people.

There is not doubt Trump wants to protect the price of oil and the Federal Tax; The United States federal excise tax on gasoline is 18.4 cents per gallon and 24.4 cents per gallon for diesel fuel. Trump has created huge deficits in the past three years and he needs more money to replace some of what he has spent on the Wall and the Military, golf and the 2/3 in the tax bill which benefits the special interests and those in the no more top two tax brackets.

Yes, but was hurting our energy producers. We know you hate American oil producers, but that is who Trump was supporting. Not Russia you dishonest hack.

Yes, but was hurting our energy producers. We know you hate American oil producers, but that is who Trump was supporting. Not Russia you dishonest hack.

Your simple analysis is expected, and has no relationship to the article posted in the OP. Donald Trump has one goal and one goal only, to be reelected and to spent four more years F'n up the United States, most of the Western World and to benefit his pocket book.

Well, the Wahhabi connection is old news. The Saudis have been in a de facto alliance not only with Trump and U.S. imperialism but also with Israel for years. Your “unhappiness” is noted ...
You do realize that Israel has multi-billion dollar business deals with just about every European, Asian, Muslim and African nation.
It might have something to do with the fact that those darn Jews are responsible for the Intel chip and almost all of the operating systems you are using.
I suggest you stop using technology developed by Jews.

You do realize that Israel has multi-billion dollar business deals with just about every European, Asian, Muslim and African nation.
It might have something to do with the fact that those darn Jews are responsible for the Intel chip and almost all of the operating systems you are using.

Seems the U.S. is now pressuring Israel to give up the best quality 5G technology they purchased from Huawei. My IPad is made in China, thank you very much.

Too bad the U.S. has to bully the world, and keeps confusing enemies of Israel with enemies of the U.S. Verily, it is often unclear which tail is wagging which dog.

We should just blow it all up , or egg on a war

Iran vs the suadis

Seems the U.S. is now pressuring Israel to give up the best quality 5G technology they purchased from Huawei. My IPad is made in China, thank you very much.

Too bad the U.S. has to bully the world, and keeps confusing enemies of Israel with enemies of the U.S. Verily, it is often unclear which tail is wagging which dog.
Your're not very bright.
Your iPad's electronics were mostly designed and developed in Israel.
Your iPad's operating system was mostly designed and written in Israel.
Your iPad was then assembled in China by Chinese slave labor.

By the way, I fugured out your Method of Operation...
It's obvious that it takes you anywhere from 12 to 24 hours to post your "insights".
This indicates that you have no thoughts of your own.
You have to wait in line to show the other person's post to your Mullah or Nazi Leader and wait for an answer.
You are pathetic.

"Seems the U.S. is now pressuring Israel to give up the best quality 5G technology they purchased from Huawei. My IPad is made in China, thank you very much."

Israel does that all the time...when they are already 3 more generations down the line.

Remember about a year ago when a Russian Jet knocked down an Israeli State Of The Art rocket and all of the Jew Haters were cheering.
Yep! Russia was kicking Israel's ass!
Then 2 weeks later Israel demolished the Super State Of The art Russian base in Syria and Putin put his tail between his legs and scampered off.

Are you seriously stupid enough to think for a moment that the JOOOS aren't 5 steps ahead of everyone else?

Sure. Jews are ... the new “Master Race”? You sound not just hopelessly arrogant, but like somebody parodying real anti-Semites. Or maybe you are just a Groucho Marx wannabe. Anyway you cut it, you are a bad caricature ...

I don’t always respond immediately because I give some thought to my comments. Because I don’t come from one of the two partisan camps that vomit up simplistic diatribes, insulting even serious and intelligent commenters from the other side.

But in responding to your insults that I am reporting to Mullahs or Nazis, I figure you deserve a quicker and harsher slap down ... though I will still not get down to your pathetic level.

Sure. Jews are ... the new “Master Race”? You sound not just hopelessly arrogant, but like somebody parodying real anti-Semites. Or maybe you are just a Groucho Marx wannabe. Anyway you cut it, you are a bad caricature ...

I don’t always respond immediately because I give some thought to my comments. Because I don’t come from one of the two partisan camps that vomit up simplistic diatribes, insulting even serious and intelligent commenters from the other side.

But in responding to your insults that I am reporting to Mullahs or Nazis, I figure you deserve a quicker and harsher slap down ... though I will still not get down to your pathetic level.
Jews aren't arrogant; if we were, we wouldn't happily share our scientific advancements with the world.
Nor would Israel be providing medical care to the Syrian and Gazans who try to murder us.

You give thought to your posts?
In that case, your thoughts are the result of Jew hating web sites and publications.
Where's the slap down?

Keep in mind that you started the Jew related exchange, not anyone else.

Indeependent writes:
“Keep in mind that you started the Jew related exchange, not anyone else.”

What started this off was my accurate comment:

“The Wahhabi connection is old news. The Saudis have been in a de facto alliance not only with Trump and U.S. imperialism but also with Israel for years.”

I defend Israel’s right to exist and admire the Jewish people’s many contributions to science and technology, but you talk as if without Israel the computer would never have been discovered, that we would still be writing on stone tablets.

And you insult me as a Nazi or a Mullah sycophant. Shame on you.

Last edited:
What started you off was my accurate comment:

“The Wahhabi connection is old news. The Saudis have been in a de facto alliance not only with Trump and U.S. imperialism but also with Israel for years.”

I defend Israel’s right to exist and admire the Jewish people’s many contributions to science and technology, but you talk as if without Israel the computer would never have been discovered, that we would still be writing on stone tablets.

And you insult me as a Nazi or a Mullah sycophant. Shame on you.
"The Wahhabi connection is old news. The Saudis have been in a de facto alliance not only with Trump and U.S. imperialism but also with Israel for years."

Now there's an innocuous statement!
The Dynamic Due of Evil! The US and Israel!

I presume, in your opinion, the fact that the Muslim world has been at war with the rest of mankind for almost 1,500 years has nothing to do with the concerns of the US or Israel.
It's a good thing Europe dropped it's guard and now they have millions of Muslims raping their women.
Not to mention the merciful Turkey sending 3,000,000 Syrian refugees into Europe.

From which media outlets do you get your news?

You “presume” a lot. I am not interested in discussing with you the history of the “Islamic world” or of Jewish culture, of of “Clash of Civilizations” paranoia. You seem to be behind the times. The new boogieman is the “Yellow Peril.” Also resurgent communists who are exporting not just 5G technology but also SARS-CV2!

I won’t bother going into the past “de facto” alliance between U.S. imperialism, Saudi Arabia and Israel, since you don’t bother to deny it and it would require a whole other thread to do it justice. Besides, as I indicated in my first comment, this relation is changing, in possibly crucial ways. This thread is about oil cutbacks and U.S./Saudi military relations, and I have already said what I had to say about that (in comment #82).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back