Trump told Saudis: Cut oil supply or lose U.S. military support

I know, oil is cheap enough. THe Cold War is over and Saudi Arabia is a medieval cesspit.
Oil and gasoline are much too expensive. Regular unleaded and diesel should by caped at $0.40 per gallon over taxes.
Serious question...
What other industries are ripping us off for the sake of the Stock Holders?
All of them.....
Do you have a top 10 where the end product should be much less expensive?
Wow, more aid to Putin's Russia from President Trump. It seems he's more interested in protecting Putin than all of the American Citizens.

WASHINGTON/LONDON/DUBAI (Reuters) - As the United States pressed Saudi Arabia to end its oil price war with Russia, President Donald Trump gave Saudi leaders an ultimatum.

In an April 2 phone call, Trump told Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman that unless the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) started cutting oil production, he would be powerless to stop lawmakers from passing legislation to withdraw U.S. troops from the kingdom, four sources familiar with the matter told Reuters.

The threat to upend a 75-year strategic alliance, which has not been previously reported, was central to the U.S. pressure campaign that led to a landmark global deal to slash oil supply as demand collapsed in the coronavirus pandemic - scoring a diplomatic victory for the White House.

You idiot..... It's the American oil execs bringing the pressure.

Jo

You have evidence, if so, it is possible Oil Execs are not patriots, since oil is a global economic issue and not all CEO's put America before their stock prices.
I have no doubt political contributors are pulling the strings in Washington to some extent.

Last edited:
Wow, more aid to Putin's Russia from President Trump. It seems he's more interested in protecting Putin than all of the American Citizens.

WASHINGTON/LONDON/DUBAI (Reuters) - As the United States pressed Saudi Arabia to end its oil price war with Russia, President Donald Trump gave Saudi leaders an ultimatum.

In an April 2 phone call, Trump told Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman that unless the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) started cutting oil production, he would be powerless to stop lawmakers from passing legislation to withdraw U.S. troops from the kingdom, four sources familiar with the matter told Reuters.

The threat to upend a 75-year strategic alliance, which has not been previously reported, was central to the U.S. pressure campaign that led to a landmark global deal to slash oil supply as demand collapsed in the coronavirus pandemic - scoring a diplomatic victory for the White House.

Oil production is hurting Russia, U.S. and all of the World Oil Producers, so this is just not about Russia...

When our own oil was trading in the negative region then yes a conversation must be made...
What's wrong with cheap gasoline?

It puts people out of business.

Cheap oil prices are hurting Russia, dumbass.

It's hurting North American producers worse ... which was the Russo/Saudi plan to begin with ... neither have to answer to shareholders in an American court of law ...

This is the "Home Depot" style of business ... Home Depot comes into a community and sells building materials at a loss, undercutting the local competition forcing them to close their doors ... then Home Depot jacks up the prices to recover all the losses ... Russia and Saudi Arabia can afford the losses until the North American producers are bankrupt ... then raise prices together, a cartel of sorts ...

Saudi Arabia is our military ally, they shouldn't be our economic enemy ... I'm not saying Saudi money funds ISIS, I'm just saying the two have identical ideology ...
Yet Republicans still push for subsidizing big box.
We export more oil than we import, why should we do either?

We won't if they cannot make a profit.

The Trump Administration's switch to a “hard line” on the Saudi oil price war with Russia was totally predictable. The earlier stupidity of that “other genius” in charge of a Middle East policy, Kushner, was remarkable. Kushner had earlier been told in a phone message with MBS of Saudi Arabia of the price war plans, and he had not objected — assuming lower prices would be good for the U.S. and MBS would easily scare Putin! Incredibly dumb. But nothing about all this was in any way support for Putin, whom I had predicted would come out on top of this fight. It was just normal Trump administration incompetence.

The U.S. oil fracking and LNG export industry is finished, unless Trump (or Biden) introduces huge tariffs or initiates a major war with Iran that closes off production in the Persian Gulf significantly. Texas Permian production and distribution would never have developed and cannot be competitive without huge cheap credits provided, and also required tremendous help from the U.S. Military-Industrial “Deep State” mafia. These are the real forces that have been responsible for, directly or indirectly, the reduction of oil production to a trickle from Iran, Venezuela, Syria, that invaded Iraq, sanctioned Nordstream2, etc. Under the slogan “Oil Independence” — a holy grail of our Security State — the U.S. started off militantly defending our oil companies’ investments in the Middle East, then with Zionist pressure adopted a policy of Balkanizing and encouraging civil war in the region, and soon may evolve into actually destroying our previous Gulf Oil Kingdom allies.
If 600,000 starving Jews can influence US policy, I'm all in.
Who do I call?

Oh yeah, thanks for believing the Muslims were living in peace with each other beforehand.
You should change you username to Tom Pain.
Sorry if I am a “Pain” in your butt, or otherwise pop your illusions in U.S. imperialism or Trump’s competence, or Zionist benevolence ... or whatever. I’m just explaining the “real politics” of the situation.

By the way, relations between Muslims in the Middle East, for example between Iran and Iraq, were absolutely worsened by the scheming of Western oil imperialism. Have you forgotten our support for Saddam Hussein’s invasion of Iran and the subsequent 8-year war between them?

Anyone who uses the term Zionist automatically goes into the category of mentally defective.

It's hurting North American producers worse ... which was the Russo/Saudi plan to begin with ... neither have to answer to shareholders in an American court of law ...

This is the "Home Depot" style of business ... Home Depot comes into a community and sells building materials at a loss, undercutting the local competition forcing them to close their doors ... then Home Depot jacks up the prices to recover all the losses ... Russia and Saudi Arabia can afford the losses until the North American producers are bankrupt ... then raise prices together, a cartel of sorts ...

Saudi Arabia is our military ally, they shouldn't be our economic enemy ... I'm not saying Saudi money funds ISIS, I'm just saying the two have identical ideology ...

Shhhh...I'm trying to get a concrete answer so we can examine his opinion.

Shhhh...I'm trying to get a concrete answer so we can examine his opinion.
He has no concrete answer except for that concrete block where most people have a head.

I know, oil is cheap enough. THe Cold War is over and Saudi Arabia is a medieval cesspit.
Oil and gasoline are much too expensive. Regular unleaded and diesel should by caped at $0.40 per gallon over taxes.

Well, you are a moron, so ...

Beside, how would it wear a cape?
Forgive my faux pas. How would placing a cap on regular unleaded and diesel prices make me a "moron?"

Oil production is hurting Russia, U.S. and all of the World Oil Producers, so this is just not about Russia...

When our own oil was trading in the negative region then yes a conversation must be made...

Which "people" is that?

Forgive my faux pas. How would placing a cap on regular unleaded and diesel prices make me a "moron?"

It's called profit, which funds things like my retirement fund.

Which "people" is that?

Don't play stupid. You are far too good at it!

Yes, our President is playing hardball with the oil cartel.

And of course you are on the side of the oil cartel.

Which "people" is that?
Could you please top the Top 10 list?
Then perhaps we can have a discussion.

This isn't about making a profit, it's about making record profit each and every quarter. Investors demand this, as well as taking 50% of net which is up from 15% of net in 1975.

It's called profit, which funds things like my retirement fund.

And mine.

Anyone who uses the term Zionist automatically goes into the category of mentally defective.
My goodness!
Is that how you describe most Israelis and the gov’t of Israel?
Or most American Jews who support Israel?
Or the powerful pro-Israel lobbying group AIPAC?
These groups ... “use the term Zionist” ... all the time!

Last edited:
My goodness! Is that how you describe most Israelis, or American Jews who support Israel? Or the powerful pro-Israel lobbying group AIPAC? These all “use the term Zionist” ... all the time!
Guess who is the only country that has Lobbyists dedicated to it's destruction?
Not Syria or Iran.

Which "people" is that?

People from Refineries in Louisiana to Oil Rig employees to people who truck and ship the oil to those that work at machine shops and all those that supply those industries...

It is a ripple effect and to play stupid about it is something you might think is hilarious until you discover how many Engineers could lose their jobs because of no need for them...

Which "people" is that?

People from Refineries in Louisiana to Oil Rig employees to people who truck and ship the oil to those that work at machine shops and all those that supply those industries...

It is a ripple effect and to play stupid about it is something you might think is hilarious until you discover how many Engineers could lose their jobs because of no need for them...
Those "people" were out of business when gasoline sold for $0.29 per gallon?

Forum List

Back