Trump to US governors: Treat me nicely or your people will suffer.

JLW

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2012
Former president Donald Trump routinely forced governors to grovel and beg him personally for federal aid following natural disasters, according to a forthcoming book by a pair of New York Times reporters.

According to a copy of This Will Not Pass: Trump, Biden, and the Battle for America’s Future obtained by The Independent ahead of its’ 3 May release date, authors Jonathan Martin and Alex Burns learned from Maryland Governor Larry Hogan that Mr Trump had a policy which stated that only Texas and Florida — two states with GOP governors he considered to be close allies — would receive federal aid when needed without question.

Mr Hogan told the authors that Mr Trump required the other 48 governors of American states to direct their requests to him personally.

“You have to call and ask me nicely,” he recalled Mr Trump saying.

In other words, Trump was holding the American people hostage if a governor did not bend the knee after a natural disaster.

It shows just how little respect Trump had for the average American and the rule of law.

With Trump it was either grovel or be spit upon. That attitude especially applies to all his supporters.

This is typical behavior of an authoritarian.

In Trump's world it was all about personal power and all others be damned.

Trump's attitude: Please me or suffer.

Last edited:
1984.jpg

Ok.....here we go again. Where is the evidence that these things happened BEFORE a book was released? Have these governers spoken out about this before? Why, if this is the case, are we just now learning about it? Are you telling me that this was happening and nobody said anything about it, nobody knew about it? These reporters just happened to find the, previously unknown, truth, and were the only ones to know about it, and were able to keep it a secret so they could release it in a book?

I've said it before,.these "bombshell" revelations always seem to come out when someone is releasing a book....

"...nice to me..."
"...treats me...."
"...likes me..."
"...loves me..."
"...loyal to me..."
"...fight for me..."

Never in my life have I seen a person, let alone an "adult", so outwardly, shamelessly, needy and sensitive. Never. Not even close.

What is the condition of a society that reveres a "man" like this? THAT'S the question of the last seven years. This is about US.

So a deep state RINO governor bad mouths DT to Pravda. Sounds totally legit, much like Ukrainian quid pro & Russian collusion.
Didn't resident Briben withhold monoclonal antibody treatments from Florida & other red states?

He made Cali Gov call him for help when the state was burniing down. I remember that. he fucked Puerto Rico over as well.
More lies............Federal assistance was given for the stupidity of California.............who created idiotic laws like the no road act..........allowing a tender box to be created..........no fire breaks then wonder why hell on earth happens with all that fuel.

GOD I HATE STUPID PEOPLE.

Puerto Rico............they later found them to be guilty as hell for embezzling money..........The reaction was there........so was the money.........People pulled back in right after the storm left....They were on a Navy ship already there...........

lol

Former president Donald Trump routinely forced governors to grovel and beg him personally for federal aid following natural disasters, according to a forthcoming book by a pair of New York Times reporters.

According to a copy of This Will Not Pass: Trump, Biden, and the Battle for America’s Future obtained by The Independent ahead of its’ 3 May release date, authors Jonathan Martin and Alex Burns learned from Maryland Governor Larry Hogan that Mr Trump had a policy which stated that only Texas and Florida — two states with GOP governors he considered to be close allies — would receive federal aid when needed without question.

Mr Hogan told the authors that Mr Trump required the other 48 governors of American states to direct their requests to him personally.

In other words, Trump was holding the American people hostage if a governor did not bend the knee after a natural disaster.

It shows just how little respect Trump had for the average American and the rule of law.

With Trump it was either grovel or be spit upon. That attitude especially applies to all his supporters.

This is typical behavior of an authoritarian.

In Trump's world it was all about personal power and all others be damned.

Trump's attitude: Please me or suffer.
Fake news alert 🚨
Fake news alert

More lies............Federal assistance was given for the stupidity of California.............who created idiotic laws like the no road act..........allowing a tender box to be created..........no fire breaks then wonder why hell on earth happens with all that fuel.

GOD I HATE STUPID PEOPLE.

Puerto Rico............they later found them to be guilty as hell for embezzling money..........The reaction was there........so was the money.........People pulled back in right after the storm left....They were on a Navy ship already there...........

lol

I wonder if you have the names of those schools teaching infants how to use dildos yet ?
Or was it something that you made up ?

This is about US.
I totally agree. We got Trump because the DC crowd had so pushed America to the wall that even HE was a better choice. As it turned out, his biggest "crime" was succeeding in exposing just how nasty and criminal politics had become. Anyone who actually believes most of the vitriol spewed by media about Trump, is someone who was inclined to be part of a "hate team". They got, and many STILL get, some kind of serotonin bump by getting their opinions cheered when they put in the minimal effort of repeating lies.

When he runs again, simply repeating hate online will no longer be sufficient for the media masters. They will expect those who were merely vocal between 2016 and 2020, to be willing to boost that hate in physical ways. THAT is my humble prediction.

I totally agree. We got Trump because the DC crowd had so pushed America to the wall that even HE was a better choice. As it turned out, his biggest "crime" was succeeding in exposing just how nasty and criminal politics had become. Anyone who actually believes most of the vitriol spewed by media about Trump, is someone who was inclined to be part of a "hate team". They got, and many STILL get, some kind of serotonin bump by getting their opinions cheered when they put in the minimal effort of repeating lies.

When he runs again, simply repeating hate online will no longer be sufficient for the media masters. They will expect those who were merely vocal between 2016 and 2020, to be willing to boost that hate in physical ways. THAT is my humble prediction.
There's a pretty decent chance that we're heading into a period of autocratic White "Christian" Nationalism.

Trump, Tucker, Bannon, and the GQP are having their way.

Forum List

Back