Trump to issue Executive Order

Whether you accept the board's authority does not change a thing. They have the legal power to hold people responsible for the Jan 6th attacks.
They can't arrest Trump so what do you think this will do?...its a farce and the American people know it...the GOP pleaded with Pelosi to be fair or risk creating a political show that won't go anywhere.....but she didn't listen...once again her hatred for Trump over rides her desire for justice....and common sense....we see it here all the time by you Trump haters....he really fucked your heads up good....

For your reading pleasure:
"Either the sitting president or a former president during whose term an allegedly privileged document was created may assert executive privilege".

Trump has every right to assert EP but there are no guarantees it will be granted. As a rule, courts have a better chance of stopping it than Congressional committees.

"The Supreme Court held in United States v. Nixon, for example, that a claim of executive privilege will normally be defeated when the privileged information is needed to provide evidence in a criminal trial—although the strong presumption against revealing information that would jeopardize national security would control even in this instance."

The last time I checked, Congress cannot put citizens on trial for crimes. That's no guarantee they won't find a receptive judge who will rule against Trump's assertion of privilege but he can easily appeal and SCOTUS would hear it because it deals with the separation of power issues. Democrats have developed a suicide-bomber approach to dealing with all things Trump and it may well bite them in the ass far into the future. Every time SCOTUS renders a decision on separation of powers issues, the law gets more 'set in stone". What helps Harry Reid in 2013, blows up on the Dems in Trump's term. Precedent-setting can be a dangerous move.
The white house has already said it will not defend Trump's claim. It's doubtful that trump's personal lawyers are capable of helping him much. They are all known fruitcakes.

They can't arrest Trump so what do you think this will do?...its a farce and the American people know it...the GOP pleaded with Pelosi to be fair or risk creating a political show that won't go anywhere.....but she didn't listen...once again her hatred for Trump over rides her desire for justice....and common sense....we see it here all the time by you Trump haters....he really fucked your heads up good....

He hasn't fucked up my head at all. I am not a party hack for either side.

And if Trump is found to have been responsible for any part of the events of January 6th, why can't he be arrested?

Pelosi tried to get repubs to participate, but they refused.

For your reading pleasure:
"Either the sitting president or a former president during whose term an allegedly privileged document was created may assert executive privilege".
I read it, and what you omitted is that the privilege for former presidents is from Executive Order 13489 -- Presidential Records. Which only applies to records held by the national archives of former presidents.

The executive privilege Trump is trying to invoke doesn't cover documents in the national archive.

They can't arrest Trump so what do you think this will do?..
This is where you're wrong. The USSC has already upheld congresses "inherent contempt" authority to have the sergeant at arms arrest those who defy a congressional subpoena. Although not invoked often, that doesn't prevent its use now.

Why would you want someone that's a loser, like the house and senate were lost 2018 and tramp lost the election. Time to call him a loser, like he is.

The already on going Congressional Committee investigating the events of Jan 6 has issued subpoenas on the rally and subsequent riot when a mob entered the Capitol Building ready to "fight like hell"

If trump does anything he will incriminate himself immediately. I know he's dumb but surely he would take advice this time.

He won't be issuing anything but bile and venom. Who's listening to that fat dinosaur nowadays?

And if Trump is found to have been responsible for any part of the events of January 6th, why can't he be arrested?
So you are a middle roader...how easy a choice to make in times like these...its the I'm better than you crowd because I don't take sides that are responsible for the nations decline....pick a team be a man and stand up for what you believe...I have more respect for Dr love than you...at least he fights for what he believes....

So you are a middle roader...how easy a choice to make in times like these...its the I'm better than you crowd because I don't take sides that are responsible for the nations decline....pick a team be a man and stand up for what you believe...I have more respect for Dr love than you...at least he fights for what he believes....
I have a lot of respect for independents. They aren't brainwashed into picking a side and sticking with it. They choose based on issues, and not party symbols. And they're actually the ones who decide close elections.

I have a lot of respect for independents. They aren't brainwashed into picking a side and sticking with it. They choose based on issues, and not party symbols. And they're actually the ones who decide close elections.
They are dishonest....everyone has an ideology very few have the guts to voice it.....

I stand up for what I believe. And I do so at the risk of standing alone. I think for myself and I vote for candidates I believe will be best for our nation.

You, however, are always with the crowd, parroting the words you hear.

I stand up for what I believe. And I do so at the risk of standing alone. I think for myself and I vote for candidates I believe will be best for our nation.

You, however, are always with the crowd, parroting the words you hear.
This ain't our grandpas political battle between two sides both patriotic and dedicated to the best interest of our nation...this is a battle for the nation as it was founded....and side sitters are the problem....

Trump is due for a deposition this monday.

It will be interesting to see how many times he "can't remember", or even pleads the 5th, which as Trump said about democrats

“You see the mob takes the Fifth,” he said. “If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”
He'll take the 5th all the way to re-election, because he isn't bound to obeying any witch hunt the leftist Democrat's conjure up against him for obvious political purposes. Get ready for Trump, because "he'll be bauck", and his support will be off the chain. The Democrat's are blowing it big time, because they undoubtedly don't realize just how far down the rabid, not rabbit hole they are going.

This ain't our grandpas political battle between two sides both patriotic and dedicated to the best interest of our nation...this is a battle for the nation as it was founded....and side sitters are the problem....

I am not sitting on the side. I am simply not following either of the corrupt political parties.

He lives rent free in your head, so go tell your bullcrap to someone that might believe you, because no one is dumb as you think they are to believe that Trump ain't living rent free in your head. lol

I would sure love to hear your description of how Trump could of even been close to "responsible" for 1-6 because to most Americans its a farce...Trump did nothing wrong and this stacked commission only shows how scared the dems are of Trump...and you fit right in to that crowd...so please don't give me the I'm an independent BS....

Forum List

Back