Trump to do Super-Spreader rallies in PA & FL!

its the governments job to protect those rights and forcibly taking from me to give to another violates every right I have,,,

The government has the power to draft people into forced military service, to protect the rights of others.

That is against everything you said you said about peoples rights.
keep in mind we are talking about fed gov,,, a lot of this at a state level I dont have a big problem with,, I can go to the governors office easier than POTUS,,,

the CONSTITUTION means what is says or it doesnt,,, I go with it does,,

even so SCOTUS once said slavery was legal,,,

I reject both,,,

Actually the US Constitution said that slavery was legal.

Read it.
please quote me that section???

I'll wait,,,

The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a Tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.

Article I Section 9 | Constitution Annotated | Congress.gov ...

Trump’s idiotic ‘rallies’ won’t do anything to help his reelection efforts; indeed, they’ll further demonstrate a president out of touch with the reality of the pandemic, someone who continues to recklessly ignore the science, and as someone so arrogant and fat-headed as to endanger the lives of supporters just to feed his own ego.

I reject both,,,

Read it.

I'll wait,,,

What does the Constitution say about slavery Article 4 Section 2?

No Person held to Service or Labour in one State, under the Laws thereof, escaping into another, shall, in Consequence of any Law or Regulation therein, be discharged from such Service or Labour, but shall be delivered up on Claim of the Party to whom such Service or Labour may be due.

Trump’s idiotic ‘rallies’ won’t do anything to help his reelection efforts; indeed, they’ll further demonstrate a president out of touch with the reality of the pandemic, someone who continues to recklessly ignore the science, and as someone so arrogant and fat-headed as to endanger the lives of supporters just to feed his own ego.
Trump needs to drum up his base to vote early and in person, so he can stop vote counting of mail-in ballots.

I reject both,,,

Read it.

I'll wait,,,

No Person held to Service or Labour in one State, under the Laws thereof, escaping into another, shall, in Consequence of any Law or Regulation therein, be discharged from such Service or Labour, but shall be delivered up on Claim of the Party to whom such Service or Labour may be due.
I'm not seeing where that says slavery is legal,,

It says a slave in state that allows slavery, remains a slave even if they escape to a state where slavery is illegal. And although abhorrent to their laws, states have to return people into slavery.

Effectively making slavery constitutionally legal in all 13 states.

and you have yet to show where in the constitution that authority exist,,, general welfare doesnt cut it when they are providing a service,,,

Helvering v. Davis - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Helvering_v._Davis

Davis, 301 U.S. 619 (1937), was a decision by the U.S. Supreme Court that held that Social Security was constitutionally permissible as an exercise of the federal power to spend for the general welfare and so did not contravene the Tenth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
I thought we were talking about medicare??

I reject both,,,
Then the Court was likewise wrong in Heller.

Conservatives need to understand that the Constitution isn’t a cafeteria plan – they can’t support the rulings they like and accuse the Court of being ‘wrong’ when it rules in a manner they don’t like.

Rightists can’t have it both ways.

I reject both,,,

Read it.

I'll wait,,,

The 'person' mentioned is a slave. It goes on to say if a slave escapes to another state he will be returned to his rightful owner..pretty much validates the keeping of slaves..ergo..it's legal.

This week - Seriously?

Trying to kill Trump voters before the election

In the Florida----the virus has spread all over----we have partial herd immunity now. Whatever the case, we aren't going back to lockdowns.......hell we really didn't enforce them earlier here at all to be honest.

Dude - Fer FUK! There is no such thing as “partial herd immunity” :rolleyes:

It says a slave in state that allows slavery, remains a slave even if they escape to a state where slavery is illegal. And although abhorrent to their laws, states have to return people into slavery.

Effectively making slavery constitutionally legal in all 13 states.
if that were true to the degree you say,,,

thank the lord we stopped democrats from enslaving black people for their monitory benefits,,,

but sadly we need to stop them from their next desire to enslave all people to the government,,,

Then the Court was likewise wrong in Heller.

Conservatives need to understand that the Constitution isn’t a cafeteria plan – they can’t support the rulings they like and accuse the Court of being ‘wrong’ when it rules in a manner they don’t like.

Rightists can’t have it both ways.

Well, if they believe in the constitution as originally written, they have to support slavery (prior to the 13th amendment), voting discrimination against women (prior to the 19th) and a lot of the ills supported by the constitution, before it was amended to make us "a more perfect union"

Forum List

Back