Trump threatens to invade Mexico........

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Now, this could possibly be "fake news" but it could also possibly be correct. It seems that there has been a transcript released of a phone call Trump made to Mexico's president and told him that since he has "bad dudes" down there, and it appears that Mexico can't handle them, he's more than willing to send in troops to handle the problem for them.

Here is what the transcript reportedly shows................

“You have a bunch of bad hombres down there,” Trump told Pena Nieto, according to the excerpt seen by the Associated Press. “You aren't doing enough to stop them. I think your military is scared. Our military isn't, so I just might send them down to take care of it.”

A person with access to the official transcript of the phone call provided an excerpt to the Associated Press. The person gave it on condition of anonymity because the administration did not make the details of the call public.

Trump reportedly threatens to send U.S. military to Mexico in call with Mexican president

But then, in another story, Mexico denies any threat being made................

Mexican government says Trump never threatened to send troops to Mexico

But, even if something like that was said jokingly, don't you think it's a bit reckless to use this kind of language when talking to a sitting leader of a foreign country?

It's been busted wide open as another fucking fake news story aka a fucking lie.

This is really getting tedious because the front page of Politics at USMB is becoming a left wing toilet.

Pity.

Now, this could possibly be "fake news" but
Gee, ya think? :lol:

You know, I would consider it fake news except for this............................

President Trump’s comments that he was ready to send US troops to Mexico to stop the “bad hombres down there” were “lighthearted” and not meant to be threatening, the White House said Thursday.

Trump’s remarks came during an hour-long phone call with Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto – but a White House official insisted the chat was “pleasant and constructive.”

http://nypost.com/2017/02/02/official-trumps-remarks-about-invading-mexico-were-lighthearted/

The White House has admitted these remarks were made, they just insist that it was a "joke".

Like I said, jokes like that with another leader of a country are in poor taste.

It's been busted wide open as another fucking fake news story aka a fucking lie.

This is really getting tedious because the front page of Politics at USMB is becoming a left wing toilet.

Pity.
It's always been a left wing toilet.

You should have seen it during the gloriously brief period of time when jills was a mod...or artie. Insane.

Pity.

Sorry, it's not fake news. The White House said that Trump really said that, but it was a "joke".

Wonder how well a "joke" like that would go over with Putin?

The Donald was just funnin' with `em...

White House: Trump comments on Mexico 'lighthearted'

Feb. 2, 2017 | WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump warned in a phone call with his Mexican counterpart that he was ready to send U.S. troops to stop "bad hombres down there" unless the Mexican military does more to control them — comments the White House described as "lighthearted."
The White House said Thursday that the remarks, in an excerpt obtained by The Associated Press from a transcript of the hourlong conversation, were "part of a discussion about how the United States and Mexico could work collaboratively to combat drug cartels and other criminal elements, and make the border more secure." The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the details publicly, described the conversation as "pleasant and constructive." "You have a bunch of bad hombres down there," Trump told Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto, according to the excerpt given to the AP. "You aren't doing enough to stop them. I think your military is scared. Our military isn't, so I just might send them down to take care of it."

The comments came last Friday in a phone call between Trump and Pena Nieto. The excerpt from the transcript did not detail exactly whom Trump considers "bad hombres," nor did it make clear the tone and context of the remark. The Mexican government said "the negative statements" reported in the AP story "did not occur during" the call. The remark offers a rare and striking look at how the new president is conducting diplomacy behind closed doors. Trump's remarks suggest he is using the same bravado with world leaders that he used to rally crowds on the campaign trail.

At the National Prayer Breakfast on Thursday, Trump told the large crowd that his calls with world leaders "have to be tough." ''When you hear about the tough phone calls I'm having, don't worry about it, just don't worry about it," he said. "They're tough." The president added that the world is "in trouble" and the U.S. is being taken advantage of by other countries. "We're going to straighten it out," he said. "That's what I do. I fix things." Eduardo Sanchez, spokesman for Mexico's presidential office, said the conversation was respectful, not hostile or humiliating. "It is absolutely false that the president of the United States threatened to send troops to Mexico," Sanchez said in an interview with Radio Formula on Wednesday night.

The Mexican Foreign Relations Department had earlier told The AP: "The negative statements you refer to did not occur during said telephone call. On the contrary, the tone was constructive." The phone call between the leaders was intended to patch things up between the new president and his ally. The two have had a series of public spats over Trump's determination to have Mexico pay for the planned border wall, something Mexico steadfastly refuses to agree to. A person with access to the official transcript of the phone call provided only that portion of the conversation to the AP. The person was not authorized to provide the excerpt publicly and gave it on condition of anonymity.

MORE

Last edited:

You know, I would consider it fake news except for this............................

President Trump’s comments that he was ready to send US troops to Mexico to stop the “bad hombres down there” were “lighthearted” and not meant to be threatening, the White House said Thursday.

Trump’s remarks came during an hour-long phone call with Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto – but a White House official insisted the chat was “pleasant and constructive.”

http://nypost.com/2017/02/02/official-trumps-remarks-about-invading-mexico-were-lighthearted/

The White House has admitted these remarks were made, they just insist that it was a "joke".

Like I said, jokes like that with another leader of a country are in poor taste.
ny post? Anonymous source?
LMAO Give me a break dude.

Trump isn't going to invade Mexico. Or Iran.

He's going to invade Chicago.

Trump is smart guy. Wonderful brains.

giphy.gif

Now, this could possibly be "fake news" but it could also possibly be correct. It seems that there has been a transcript released of a phone call Trump made to Mexico's president and told him that since he has "bad dudes" down there, and it appears that Mexico can't handle them, he's more than willing to send in troops to handle the problem for them.

“You have a bunch of bad hombres down there,” Trump told Pena Nieto, according to the excerpt seen by the Associated Press. “You aren't doing enough to stop them. I think your military is scared. Our military isn't, so I just might send them down to take care of it.”

A person with access to the official transcript of the phone call provided an excerpt to the Associated Press. The person gave it on condition of anonymity because the administration did not make the details of the call public.

Trump reportedly threatens to send U.S. military to Mexico in call with Mexican president

But, even if something like that was said jokingly, don't you think it's a bit reckless to use this kind of language when talking to a sitting leader of a foreign country?

A drone or two or maybe a few well placed curse missiles might be called for to take out some drug lords villas. The war on terror authorizes it, they are narco-terrorist and mass murderers who are committing chemical attacks on our population after all.

This stupid shit again? lol

well King Kong and Mothra need something to do.

A drone or two or maybe a few well placed curse missiles might be called for to take out some drug lords villas. The war on terror authorizes it, they are narco-terrorist and mass murderers who are committing chemical attacks on our population after all.

Sorry, it appears the reports are basically true, although taken out of context. Basically, he was asking if Nieto needed American troops to cut off the cartels heads, more like a joint venture.

Of course, the liberal media from both country's will paint it differently. I could go on how it would be roses and love if it was Obama, but everyone knows I would be preaching to the choir, so I will not. I will say this though----------> some country or group is going to let their ass hang out, and the President is going to crush them to prove a point, and set the tone. The left is going to scream like they always do. It is coming very soon. It could be Iran, maybe rioters, maybe Chicago, but it is coming, and it isn't going to be pretty. It has to be done, and we all know, he will do it!

Forum List

Back