Trump takes on the World (BBC)

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
An interesting review of Trumps attempts at foreign policy. It kicks off with inside accounts of his initial forays onto the world stage with interviews with insiders,politicians and aides , who were generally bemused by his antics. In paticular his inability to recognise the role that the US had in the world.

Episode 1 focussed on the early days and the two episodes which I found most interesting were both Putin related. Theresa May met with him and asked him if he had spoken to Putin yet. Trump stated that he hadnt and an aide interjected by saying that Putin had called him but he had been busy. trump was furious, rightly so in my opinion, and came back to it again over dinner. He criticised his team in front of May and made a huge issue out of something he should have dealt with once she had gone.

the second one was the meeting with Putin where he stated that he believed Putins version on Russian interference over that of every US security agency. The speculation was that he had to do that to bolster his position that there was no collusion. The guy with the big moustache was shaking his head,he hadnt seen anything like it ever. One of Trumps aides considered faking a fit to bring the press conference to an end.

Overall is an amazing insight into the chaotic world of the trump administration with comical element as the leaders of the free world start questioning where to place the US in the alliance under somebody unstable. ||A guy called Mattis schools trump on soft power and explains the importance of allies.

There was also a bit about his excitement,child like, over the military parade he watched in Paris.

It could have been titled An Idiot Abroad and I do recommend that you watch it if you get a chance. There are 3 episodes and I am looking forward to the next one.

Its a King Ralph type illustration of what could happen if a USMB mental pygmy was somehow thrust on to the world stage. Scary and hilarious.

An interesting review of Trumps attempts at foreign policy. It kicks off with inside accounts of his initial forays onto the world stage with interviews with insiders,politicians and aides , who were generally bemused by his antics. In paticular his inability to recognise the role that the US had in the world.

Episode 1 focussed on the early days and the two episodes which I found most interesting were both Putin related. Theresa May met with him and asked him if he had spoken to Putin yet. Trump stated that he hadnt and an aide interjected by saying that Putin had called him but he had been busy. trump was furious, rightly so in my opinion, and came back to it again over dinner. He criticised his team in front of May and made a huge issue out of something he should have dealt with once she had gone.

the second one was the meeting with Putin where he stated that he believed Putins version on Russian interference over that of every US security agency. The speculation was that he had to do that to bolster his position that there was no collusion. The guy with the big moustache was shaking his head,he hadnt seen anything like it ever. One of Trumps aides considered faking a fit to bring the press conference to an end.

Overall is an amazing insight into the chaotic world of the trump administration with comical element as the leaders of the free world start questioning where to place the US in the alliance under somebody unstable. ||A guy called Mattis schools trump on soft power and explains the importance of allies.

There was also a bit about his excitement,child like, over the military parade he watched in Paris.

It could have been titled An Idiot Abroad and I do recommend that you watch it if you get a chance. There are 3 episodes and I am looking forward to the next one.

Its a King Ralph type illustration of what could happen if a USMB mental pygmy was somehow thrust on to the world stage. Scary and hilarious.

Trump made dozens of hour long phone calls to Putin.. and tried to hide those calls, but now Biden has them all.

The bastard made NATO members spend money on defense. Unforgivable, but I'm sure that was at Putin's instruction.

Streaming now...

The bastard made NATO members spend money on defense. Unforgivable, but I'm sure that was at Putin's instruction.
There is no evidence that any of teem spent more.

Trump isn't President anymore, so what's the point of this thread?

Trump isn't President anymore, so what's the point of this thread?
Its a review of a programme documenting recent history. I thought that people may find it instructive.
I would hope that it acts as a warning to future generations.
If you elect a total **** then dont be surprised at the outcome.

Well the Queen has Herpes.

OK..watched it...almost Marx Brother's/Chaplaineque in tone. Not objective..and it really makes no profound points...but my oh my is it funny!

"BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues."

Bill Clinton would have made the ideal subject for a docu-drama with sex, drugs and rock and roll but the lefties that run the entertainment industry preferred to put out junk about Nixon. Clinton bombed a defenseless country in Europe to deflect attention from his depraved relationship with an intern but today Brit liberals pretend that "Trump takes on the world" while they tried to put a happy face on Brexit.

OK..watched it...almost Marx Brother's/Chaplaineque in tone. Not objective..and it really makes no profound points...but my oh my is it funny!
Episode 2 last night. Iran,Paris,Kushner,Jerusalem and goodbye Mattis and Bolton.
Mattis had this weird belief that the US should honour its agreements.

I take your point regarding objectivity but it is how the rest of the world sees trump. Its impossible to review his accomplishments without laughing. Thank the Lord that you booted his flabby arse out.

Episode 2 last night. Iran,Paris,Kushner,Jerusalem and goodbye Mattis and Bolton.
Mattis had this weird belief that the US should honour its agreements.

I take your point regarding objectivity but it is how the rest of the world sees trump. Its impossible to review his accomplishments without laughing. Thank the Lord that you booted his flabby arse out.

Typical biased woke BBC.
The BBC is now the voice of the crony party. But how do you suggest they dress up the essential idiocy of trump ? We are all laughing at him. The US just rejected him and the rest of the civilised world see him for what he is.

An interesting review of Trumps attempts at foreign policy. It kicks off with inside accounts of his initial forays onto the world stage with interviews with insiders, politicians and aides , who were generally bemused by his antics. In particular his inability to recognise the role that the US had in the world.

Episode 1 focused on the early days and the two episodes which I found most interesting were both Putin related. Theresa May met with him and asked him if he had spoken to Putin yet. Trump stated that he hadn't and an aide interjected by saying that Putin had called him but he had been busy. trump was furious, rightly so in my opinion, and came back to it again over dinner. He criticised his team in front of May and made a huge issue out of something he should have dealt with once she had gone.

There was also a bit about his excitement, child like, over the military parade he watched in Paris.

Obama did that before he left office.. NATO agreed to incremental increases over a period of years.

Trump is good for bombast and grandstanding.

Forum List

Back