Trump suggests death penalty for drug dealers

Trump used Singapore’s “zero tolerance” drug policy as an example of how the U.S. should be.

President Donald Trump suggested drug dealers in the United States should face harsher punishments, such as the death penalty or life in prison, during a campaign rally for congressional candidate Rick Saccone in Pennsylvania on Saturday.

“I think it’s a discussion we have to start thinking about,” Trump said during the rally in Moon Township. “I don’t know if we’re ready. I don’t know if this country’s ready for it.”

Trump suggested the U.S. treat drug dealers in the same way Singapore does. Singapore, he said, has a “zero tolerance policy” when it comes to drugs.

“That means if we catch a drug dealer, death penalty,” Trump said of Singapore. “And they don’t have a problem.”

Trump’s remarks this weekend mirror a speech he made at the White House Opioids Summit last week, when he suggested again that drug dealers should have to face the death penalty.

More: President Donald Trump Suggests Death Penalty For Drug Dealers

Death penalty? Holy shit, is this what America is becoming under Trump?

Less competition for big pharma.

Trump used Singapore’s “zero tolerance” drug policy as an example of how the U.S. should be.

President Donald Trump suggested drug dealers in the United States should face harsher punishments, such as the death penalty or life in prison, during a campaign rally for congressional candidate Rick Saccone in Pennsylvania on Saturday.

“I think it’s a discussion we have to start thinking about,” Trump said during the rally in Moon Township. “I don’t know if we’re ready. I don’t know if this country’s ready for it.”

Trump suggested the U.S. treat drug dealers in the same way Singapore does. Singapore, he said, has a “zero tolerance policy” when it comes to drugs.

“That means if we catch a drug dealer, death penalty,” Trump said of Singapore. “And they don’t have a problem.”

Trump’s remarks this weekend mirror a speech he made at the White House Opioids Summit last week, when he suggested again that drug dealers should have to face the death penalty.

If a drug dealer sells drugs to a user and that user dies, the dealer should face murder charges, or a minimum of manslaughter.

So do you think Johnny Walker and the Marlboro Man should be in Prison, doing life, for all the deaths they caused their users?

How about Bayer or other pharmaceutical companies?

Or is it just the non-government approved recreational drugs that you advocate for murder charges for those capitalist who seek the rewards of that high risk endeavor? Even if it is the user who took too much, or made the decision to drive?

Republicans said race relations got worse under obama and it was his fault.

Then I blame the record number of drug deaths last year on trump. Must be his fault.

Great idea !

Start off with the people who own Purdue Pharma .

We have drug dealers selling and distributing drugs in quantities that will kill millions. Most of these dealers are here illegally anyway. Death penalty for them. It is long past time.

Its a damned good idea. Get caught dealing drugs and face the death penalty.

I'd bet many drug dealers would find a new line of work in one big hurry.

Sucks to be them.

Because getting our domestic policy from a murderous dictator is a good idea right?

By the way...the opioid crisis was caused by the makers of Oxycontin.. Gonna execute the entire Perdue family and all their management?

Because getting our domestic policy from a murderous dictator is a good idea right?

By the way...the opioid crisis was caused by the makers of Oxycontin.. Gonna execute the entire Perdue family and all their management?

Over half the opioids come through the borders, it’s a combination of many factors however herion is the at the top of the list of abused drugs and fentanyl is the one that leads to most overdoses. Not saying that the medical world isn’t also responsible but it is the easiest one to control with stricter laws. There are no easy answers, no quick solutions, however pain killers are highly addictive and many times needed for patients.

Maybe you missed the fact that the makers of Oxycontin have been fined $600 million for promoting Oxy ...

There's your drug dealers.

Gonna kill them?

The zealots only want to drop the hammer on those who aren’t part of the “Drug Dealers Guild”. If you want executions; start with the doctors who prescribe opioids like the fabled “apple a day”.

Drug Dealers are intentionally dealing 'poison' to people....arguably 1st Degree Murder.

Know how many Americans die per day due to Opioid overdose?

Why are we talking about shedding a tear if they are given a 'dose' of their own 'medicine' - a 'death sentence'?

Drug Dealers are intentionally dealing 'poison' to people....arguably 1st Degree Murder.

Why are we talking about shedding a tear if they are given a 'dose' of their own 'medicine' - a 'death sentence'?
So you're gonna be killing doctors and drug execs?

If people want to ingest unknown product of unknown origin; that’s on them. Natural selection will handle the rest.

R

Remember our racial problems they said was Obama's fault. Well clearly this is the result of Trumpanomics

U.S. deaths from alcohol, drugs and suicide hit highest level since record-keeping began

So you're gonna be killing doctors and drug execs?
Are you suggesting in your little pea brain Doctors and Drug Execs equate to Drug Cartels shipping an insane amount of illegal drugs into our country, equate to MS13 gangs and drug pushers working for those Drug Cartels by pushing their product?

Really?

Forum List

Back