Trump slams Oscars for giving best picture award to a foreign movie

President Trump went off last night on the Oscars for giving its top prize to a foreign movie.
Trump Slams Oscars For Giving Best Picture Award to a Foreign Movie

Leftist scum don't get it and can't understand it all.
Well, it is pretty ignorant to object to giving them Best Picture without having seen it.

I hadn't seen any of them, so I'm not weighing in. It was pretty surprising. The only movie I've ever watched all the way through with subtitles was Like Water for Chocolate. It's pretty annoying, actually.

President Trump went off last night on the Oscars for giving its top prize to a foreign movie.
Well, it is pretty ignorant to object to giving them Best Picture without having seen it.
IT WAS A JOKE. He didn't "slam" anything. It was just a passing remark. I cannot believe how people make a mountain out of every little comment Trump makes.

IT WAS A JOKE. He didn't "slam" anything. It was just a passing remark. I cannot believe how people make a mountain out of every little comment Trump makes.
What makes you think it was a joke?

Oh we get it. Trump is a nationalistic maroon. Seems to think that because the Oscars are held in Hollywood, it makes it American (ie..white).
I thought the film's distributor summed it up succinctly.
Distributor Of "Parasite" Has Perfect Response To Trump's Rant About The Film - News & Guts Media

It wasn't a joke. It wasn't in passing. Trump isn't that cerebral. His pep rallies are a spew of what he believes in, designed to be red meat to his base of baby birds.

Ain't nobody gonna watch it anyway when it hits TV. Like the Police Squad Naked Gun Movie..."It's the Bomb"!

I cannot believe how reckless his comments are

What is reckless about a President giving his honest opinion.
I find it refreshing

I find it refreshing

On a movie he hasn’t seen?

I find it refreshing

And you have never had an opinion on a movie you have never seen? Deciding to go or not go to see a movie means you already had an opinion on it just to make that decision.

I find it refreshing

And you have never had an opinion on a movie you have never seen? Deciding to go or not go to see a movie means you already had an opinion on it just to make that decision.

If I don’t go to a movie, I don’t weigh in on it’s quality. Your blob did.

Cause I heard him say it. I've listened to this guy talk for 100 hours. That is just his style. Trump is in business for America now. America is the product he is promoting and selling. All-America all the time. He was saying an American award ceremony should pick an American film. Who can say if he really means it or that is just the CEO in him. I think he really means it, at least to a point. It was just another case of Trump putting out his simple message to rally-goers which they came to hear that since it wasn't an American movie, it couldn't be the best. That's Trump, pro-America right down to his shoe laces.

It wasn't a joke. It wasn't in passing. Trump isn't that cerebral. His pep rallies are a spew of what he believes in, designed to be red meat to his base of baby birds.

Exactly right. Trump is in business to promote America. You can tell he was saying it half serious if you listen to it again, because his real message there was that the award film from an America award ceremony SHOULD have been American! But if sat down and pressed, he would admit that he hadn't seen the film and if watched, would likely admit it was very good. So yes, he said it half serious ---- a joke. He believes that as CEO of America, it is his job to promote and support a pro-America message all the time (and it is).

Forum List

Back