Trump Shares Many Characteristics of Cult Leaders

SYTFE

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2016
Trolling/No Content
So, I was doing some research on a particular cult, and I stumbled on this page which lists 10 warning signs of a potentially unsafe leader. And it occurred to me how many boxes Trump checks off...here they are:

1. Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.
  2. No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.
  3. No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.
  4. Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.
  5. There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.
  6. Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.
  7. There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.
  8. Followers feel they can never be "good enough".
  9. The group/leader is always right.
  10. The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.
1. Check. Trump is as authoritarian as we've seen in decades.
2. Check. He ridicules and dismisses any sort of criticism towards him and isn't remotely interested in having reasonable dialog about his authoritarian platform.
3. Check. He refuses to release his tax returns.
4. Check. The entire GOP convention and his last speech about immigration in particular were incredibly dark, fear mongering, riddled with manipulation and scare tactics about brown people. The world is a very scary place for Trump. He is constantly talking about how "scary" and "dangerous" the world is.
5. N/A
6. Check. Although he never ran a cult, he did employ many people, and there have been many stories of mistreatment/abuse and flat out stiffing from Trump. 3500 lawsuits against this prick. Recent allegations of rape are ongoing.
7. Check. Donald Trump himself tried to suppress one that was made in the 90's. I've posted that on this forum, I can bump it for anyone interested.
8. N/A
9. Check. He's always right. Never apologizes for anything.
10. Check. "Believe me." It's interesting that he is always framing himself as the one who will "fix" everything, that he has all of the answers to everything, and that nothing else matters except his wild ass opinions.

Warning Signs

Scary stuff.​

LOL
Moderators, can we combine all these Trump threads under a single one. We'll call it: Oh Sht! Trump is Gonna Win.

So, I was doing some research on a particular cult, and I stumbled on this page which lists 10 warning signs of a potentially unsafe leader. And it occurred to me how many boxes Trump checks off...here they are:

3. No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.
  4. Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.
  5. There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.
  6. Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.
  7. There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.
  10. The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.
2. Check. He ridicules and dismisses any sort of criticism towards him and isn't remotely interested in having reasonable dialog about his authoritarian platform.
4. Check. The entire GOP convention and his last speech about immigration in particular were incredibly dark, fear mongering, riddled with manipulation and scare tactics about brown people. The world is a very scary place for Trump. He is constantly talking about how "scary" and "dangerous" the world is.
5. N/A
6. Check. Although he never ran a cult, he did employ many people, and there have been many stories of mistreatment/abuse and flat out stiffing from Trump. 3500 lawsuits against this prick. Recent allegations of rape are ongoing.
7. Check. Donald Trump himself tried to suppress one that was made in the 90's. I've posted that on this forum, I can bump it for anyone interested.
8. N/A
10. Check. "Believe me." It's interesting that he is always framing himself as the one who will "fix" everything, that he has all of the answers to everything, and that nothing else matters except his wild ass opinions.

Warning Signs

Scary stuff.​

Your confused. They used Hitlery for that data...........

This is what trump wants

5y9aoo.jpg

Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.

Sounds like Hillary when (or if) she becomes President...

No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.

Sounds like Hillary having no press conferences for 270+ days.

No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.

That shouldn't be anyone's business.

Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.

Sounds like Hillary perpetually lying about her foundation and her email server.

There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.

Sounds like our current two-party system, agree?

Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.

I'd assume that's what safe spaces were made for.

There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.

See any liberal news site at any given time covering something Trump said about Hillary.

Followers feel they can never be "good enough".

Once again, sounds like our two-party system, doesn't it?

The group/leader is always right.

Is Hillary?

The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.

Sort of like liberals who defend Hillary saying "because she was never indicted, it means she's innocent!"

Last edited:

5. N/A
8. N/A

Warning Signs

Scary stuff.​

I saw this same rant posted about Obama. Can't you Libs come up with your own material?

5. N/A
8. N/A

Warning Signs

Scary stuff.​

I saw this same rant posted about Obama. Can't you Libs come up with your own material?

No, you didn't. Stop lying.

LOL
Moderators, can we combine all these Trump threads under a single one. We'll call it: Oh Sht! Trump is Gonna Win.

He's not going to win. We've already learned from history that these authoritarian tyrants are dangerous.

All right, Trump is not going to win.

But since Clinton is going to lose, it is safe to come to the conclusion that President is not going to anyone but Trump.

For a candidate representing the incumbent party three things must exist to win a third term of their party:

1. The past eight years have been a success and people are better off than eight years ago.
2. The candidate for the incumbent party must be well liked, trusted and honest.
3, The candidate for the challenging party must be a dishonest and untrustworthy dolt.

NONE of those conditions exist now. Last time it happened was in 1988.

It appears Shit feces is talking about the chimp currently occupying the White House!...He's so fucked up, he's like the Hildebeast that said she didnt remember her FBI interview....It’s a subversive trait.

It appears Shit feces is talking about the chimp currently occupying the White House!...He's so fucked up, he's like the Hildebeast that said she didnt remember her FBI interview....It’s a subversive trait.

Shit feces, wow...that's really clever! Did you think of that all by yourself?

Shit feces, wow...that's really clever! Did you think of that all by yourself?
No, a 5 year old came up with that gem...apparently a year ahead of your education.

Forum List

Back