Trump shakes hand with Japanese emperor, doesn't bow like Obama

If the Emperor bows same depth same duration then it would be as equals. But there is no way of knowing he would do that, so best to just shake hands.

If the Emperor bows same depth same duration then it would be as equals. But there is no way of knowing he would do that, so best to just shake hands.
I believe in adhering to local customs out of respect.

But shaking hands while bowing isn't Japanese custom. Bowing first, then shaking hands is more the custom.

Trump shakes Japan emperor's hand but doesn't bow | Daily Mail Online

This is why I like Trump, he KNOWS it is inappropriate for a U.S. President to bow to a foreign leader. Diplomatically, a U.S. President and a foreign king or emperor are EQUALS, so bowing is a sign of deference that is INAPPROPRIATE.

Good for Trump. There might be certain situations I would bow, but they are few and far between. Two humans meet and break bread, noone is superior to the other as God made all of us in his image. A handshake is a respectful sign from both parties.

Japan is a good ally to America and to Trump I hope the meetings go well and bear fruit.

Abe knows he's dealing with an impetuous child in a business suit.

Toddlers in Japan are forgiven many indiscretions. As are people who've drunk too much.

The DOTARD is viewed as a toddler. The PM won't take offense. He'll humor the man-baby. He'll nod "yes" while thinking "no fucking way" over and over.

This is why I like Trump, he KNOWS it is inappropriate for a U.S. President to bow to a foreign leader. Diplomatically, a U.S. President and a foreign king or emperor are EQUALS, so bowing is a sign of deference that is INAPPROPRIATE.
Japan - Cultural Etiquette - e Diplomat

I guess Obama reads, and DT doesn't .
our President bows to no one and our Flag doesn't dip to the leader of the nation hosting the Olympics.

If he had whipped out a fishing rod at the koi pond, maybe I could give him some props

I'd have laughed. Hard.

But you and I both know that the fucker has no sense of humor.

Japan - Cultural Etiquette - e Diplomat

I guess Obama reads, and DT doesn't .
our President bows to no one and our Flag doesn't dip to the leader of the nation hosting the Olympics.

This program was made just for you, idiot.

Talking with Judah Friedlander About His Netflix Special ‘America Is the Greatest Country in the United States’

Trump has just offended the Japanese people. All of them. Disrespect for the customs of other nations shows ignorance and arrogance. It’s simply proves that Trump is an ignorant boor.

You are a Fucking Flaming Idiot Moron
images
694483d6719e0e88dce9402d59e4bc18.png

bowing is a sign of deference that is INAPPROPRIATE.

Then tell the Pope and those worshipping to stop bowing...

What does the Pope have to do with any of this?

Do you get on your knees to pray?

Oh, what the hell am I thinking! Pray?

The only thing you would get on your knees for is inappropriate to discuss.
You really did jump off the deep end with that tryst..No I don't kneel and bob at the altar, that is for weak minded people...

Forum List

Back