Trump SecDef Denies Trump Ordered Deployment of National Guard

Who did he offer them to and who told them they were not needed?

However, I do agree there's a "fog" over who said what and when. All sides seem to have links and quotes to show "they" are right.

However, no one ever said there WAS a formal request, so these giggleshit posts are horseshit.

However, I do agree there's a "fog" over who said what and when. All sides seem to have links and quotes to show "they" are right.

However, no one ever said there WAS a formal request, so these giggleshit posts are horseshit.

Offering is meaningless without the formal request though.

When Trump says he offered it was it an official offer, was it just "hey, you want some troops?"

What kind of wordsmithing is that???? Trump never gave a formal order to deploy????
My God what has happened to honesty and patriotism....

When Trump says he offered it was it an official offer, was it just "hey, you want some troops?"
Maybe. Who knows?

And if a "hey we can pull in 10k troops" was told "no we are good" why would he turn around and formalize a request?

How does ANYONE know for sure the talk leading up to this?

He cannot authorize this....Pelosi refused. They were warned for weeks

Ray Epps was an inside job. If he did that as an ordinary person, he'd be locked up for life

I'd worry about being Clintoned if I were him

Former acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller told the House select committee investigating the Capitol Hill insurrection that former President Donald Trump never gave him a formal order to have 10,000 troops ready to be deployed to the Capitol on January 6, 2021, according to new video of Miller's deposition released by the committee.

"I was never given any direction or order or knew of any plans of that nature," Miller said in the video.
Miller later said in the video definitively, "There was no direct, there was no order from the President."

One more narrative bites the dust. Nancy Pelosi was not consulted and did not deny a request for the National Guard. Donald Trump did not order the deployment of 10,000 troops.

Instead, Back Seat Driver Donald sat in front of a TV for over three hours watching the violent attack and did nothing since the mob was doing his bidding as people were dying and cops were being mauled.

Oh, well.
why would he order them if the request was denied?? geez you dembots aren’t too bright

Trump said he offered 10,000 troops (now they’re saying 20,000 so whatever).

Point is that no one took it seriously.

Capitol Police said they didn’t need troops but wanted a quick reaction force. DoD said sure. We can have National Guard there quickly if you need help. So the Sec Def ordered 340 National Guard ready. Problem is that they ordered them to be ready to be traffic cops, not riot control.

Come time that the Capitol Police asked for that quick reaction force the military couldn’t respond in time.

Trump was basically no where in any of this. He was completely absent as commander in chief.

He offered, was told they were not needed, so why would he order it?

God you are just pathetic.
Which leaves this whole kerfuffle in Miller’s lap. Whatever Trump said days before the Insurrection was ignored by Miller as much of what Trump said was over his four disastrous years was.

What IS fact is that Trump did NOTHING. To quell the violence he knew was taking place on Jan 6

Trump said he offered 10,000 troops (now they’re saying 20,000 so whatever).

Point is that no one took it seriously.

Capitol Police said they didn’t need troops but wanted a quick reaction force. DoD said sure. We can have National Guard there quickly if you need help. So the Sec Def ordered 340 National Guard ready. Problem is that they ordered them to be ready to be traffic cops, not riot control.

Come time that the Capitol Police asked for that quick reaction force the military couldn’t respond in time.

Trump was basically no where in any of this. He was completely absent as commander in chief.
It should be noted that the military dragged their feet when troops were requested and Mike Flynn’s brother was involved in that foot dragging and lied about it

Forum List

Back